Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who do you think is favored to win state in 08?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know a single pitch hasn't been thrown yet but i'm dying to hear who some people have in mind to be the 08 Champs.

IMO i'm going to have to say Bowling Green High is the favored right now. They went far last year winning the 4th Region and going on to state and only lost one senior who didn't make a huge impact.

Others, Paul Dunbar, PRP, Apollo, Trinity, Lex Cath
straitupballin Wrote:I know a single pitch hasn't been thrown yet but i'm dying to hear who some people have in mind to be the 08 Champs.

IMO i'm going to have to say Bowling Green High is the favored right now. They went far last year winning the 4th Region and going on to state and only lost one senior who didn't make a huge impact.

Others, Paul Dunbar, PRP, Apollo, Trinity, Lex Cath

I dont mean to burst your bubble, but Bowling Green got beat in the sectionals last season against Heath and didn't even make it to the State tournament. The final 8 teams at the State Tournament last year were:

PRP, Apollo, Paul Dunbar, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Ryle, Shelby County, and Heath.

Dunbar won the championship last season against Shelby County.

Now I don't know how many seniors they lost, and if they only lost one, then yeh, they will be a favorite to win the the 4th region.

However, IMO Lexington Catholic, year after year are stacked with unbelievable talent, and they happened to get upset against Dunbar in the post season last year. So IMO i will say the State Champion will once again be from the 11 Region. Until they start getting a class system, or having seperate privat and public tournaments most years it will be these schools
I think Dunbar will repeat!
I'm gonna go with Lex Cath.
One of the last two will probably be right. It sucks that both of those teams can't make it into the state tournament. I take that back it doesn't suck for the mountains, but it does suck for them. haha. I think Lex Cath will be on a mission this year after getting upset last season with the best team all year. However, PRP is coming off an upset in the state tourny as well and they will be looking to make a statement this year also. So I would put it in one of those two teams' hands.
It will be hard to overlook PRP this year. They didn't lose much. Plus they return arguably the best hitter in the state in Zach Cox. The 3rd baseman hit close to .600 last year with over 10 home runs. Including 2 or 3 at Applebee's. Lexington Catholic returns a few starters, and their outstanding starter Nick Maronde who has signed to play baseball with the University of Florida.