Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are your teams:

57th
Champion: Johnson Central
Runner-Up: Paintsville

58th
Champion: Betsy Layne
Runner-Up: Allen Central

59th
Champion: Pikeville
Runner-Up: Shelby Valley

60th
Champion: Pike County Central
Runner-Up: Belfry

In your opinion, who makes it to the final four, who makes it to the championship, and who is your 2008 15th Region Champion?
obvouisly the draw has a lot to do with it, but in my opinion, the best 4 teams come from only 2 districts, Pike County Central, Johnson Central, Belfry, and Paintsville

IMO, these 4 teams are playing better than the other teams right now and I think that if the draw allows then these 4 teams could be your final four

Championship game could be a much anticipated Lady Hawk vs. Lady Eagle final (we'll have to wait and see after the draw tomorrow at 11)

And your defending 15th champ taking another trip to Diddle, the Pike Central Lady Hawks
All of the district winners would want to draw the 58th runner-up.Wink
I would look for Pike Central and Johnson Central for championship game if the draw comes out that way. Come tournament time, it's anybody game. But I'm going with my favorites the Pike Central Lady Hawks back to Diddle.
Well im going to go ahead a say it. Pike central im picking in an easy road out of the region.
Don't be suprised to see a 59th vs. 57th in the semi-finals.
here is my prediction on the draw

Pike Central
vs
Paintsville

Pikeville
vs
Allen Central

Betsy Layne
vs
Belfry

Johnson Central
vs
Valley

after that

Central
vs
Pikeville

Belfry
vs
Johnson Central

the championship

Pike Central
vs Johnson

with Pike Central taking home the crow back to back years
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:here is my prediction on the draw

Pike Central
vs
Paintsville

Pikeville
vs
Allen Central

Betsy Layne
vs
Belfry

Johnson Central
vs
Valley

after that

Central
vs
Pikeville

Belfry
vs
Johnson Central

the championship

Pike Central
vs Johnson

You guys can have the crow, we'd like the crown.:p
Don't dismiss the Belfry Pirates so easily. They are a very dangerous team for JC to likely face in the semis.

Pike Central
vs
Paintsville

Pikeville
vs
Allen Central

Betsy Layne
vs
Belfry

Johnson Central
vs
Valley

You picked it exactly the way it come out. You wouldn't happen to be a 13th region offical would you...Smile Just kidding.
DALE Wrote:You picked it exactly the way it come out. You wouldn't happen to be a 13th region offical would you...Smile Just kidding.

no he is from the 14th and had $200 on how the draw would unfold lol

I want in that pool in the 14th that pays out $50,000- $80,000 wow!!!
It is hard to win a region, even harder to REPEAT. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out!
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:It is hard to win a region, even harder to REPEAT. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out!

With a good team, it's not hard to repeat. You're hoping PC doesn't repeat because you are such a Hawks' Hater, as you have proven in numerous threads. I say Hawks ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :1:
BleedsBlue Wrote:With a good team, it's not hard to repeat. You're hoping PC doesn't repeat because you are such a Hawks' Hater, as you have proven in numerous threads. I say Hawks ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :1:

No, I think you have a vivid imagination, just making an observation. When you are the defending champion every one in the region is gunning for you and you have the X on your back every night. All other coaches plot together against you and fans of other teams cheer for the underdog. That's the way it is regardless of who is the previous year's champion. Look at what happended to Magoffin Co. last year. Get over yourself!LOL

Pike Central
vs
Paintsville

Pikeville
vs
Allen Central

Betsy Layne
vs
Belfry

Johnson Central
vs
Valley

after that

Central
vs
Pikeville

Belfry
vs
Johnson Central

the championship

Pike Central
vs Johnson

um, your prediction skills frighten me....however, can I call you when I'm at Keeneland? :notworthy
all-or-nothing Wrote:um, your prediction skills frighten me....however, can I call you when I'm at Keeneland? :notworthy

lol feel free to and just to let you all know this two years ago my senior year I predicted to my father that no district winner would make it past the first round.

I get a cut of the money though lol
I LOVE THE DRAW for Pike Central they get the toughest game b-4 the finals out of the way IF they win I have to add that i do not want to be biased here. However. where Jarell was not 100% for the district finals and did not play I would say she will be at about 80-85% idk though. This is how it has looked last year. Although you had Valley it Centrals bracket and East Ridge in the other. And the games were flipped a little bit. This will be a great tournament and I CAN NOT WAIT.
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:No, I think you have a vivid imagination, just making an observation. When you are the defending champion every one in the region is gunning for you and you have the X on your back every night. All other coaches plot together against you and fans of other teams cheer for the underdog. That's the way it is regardless of who is the previous year's champion. Look at what happended to Magoffin Co. last year. Get over yourself!LOL

It is hard to repeat at the regional tournament but Pike Central is some what more experience in these situations then Magoffin was which will help out alot more. I think Central will be better prepared for what in around the corner the thing with Butcher is he and his team do not look ahead to the next game. They take it one game at a time and the girls know that they can not look ahead. I honestly think Pike Central will be in the finals. Now will they repeat who knows, its 50 percent how you play and 50% luck. I just want to say good luck to all the coaches, teams and fans, lets just have fun next week and WHOEVER wins the thing lets support them at Diddle just as all of you did last year for Pike Central. As a Pike Central supporter I want to say this even though it was last year THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR EVERYTHING. I have said this many of times to different people we are a family in this area no matter what we look out for one another and trust one another to have each others backs. You all truly inspire the student athletes to be their best on and off the court. To the parents keep up the good and hard work when I have kids I want to be like each and every one of you and that is a good role model for my children and my friends children.
X on their back or not, Pike Central is the best team in the region and this draw is very favorable to them in making a semi-cruise into the regional finals. They will probably have a game against JC early but will pull away as they did the last time that these 2 teams met. Pike Central didn't just get the "X" it has been there for long time and no team in the 15th has been able to do anything (excluding the illness that set in on Buckley's Creek and the loss to Phelps). Based on the way the lady hawks played last time and the last 3 seasons under Coach Butcher during tourney time, I would go with the lady hawks, now could some one get me a 14th region official so that I could get some money down? lol jk
whos your momma Wrote:X on their back or not, Pike Central is the best team in the region and this draw is very favorable to them in making a semi-cruise into the regional finals. They will probably have a game against JC early but will pull away as they did the last time that these 2 teams met. Pike Central didn't just get the "X" it has been there for long time and no team in the 15th has been able to do anything (excluding the illness that set in on Buckley's Creek and the loss to Phelps). Based on the way the lady hawks played last time and the last 3 seasons under Coach Butcher during tourney time, I would go with the lady hawks, now could some one get me a 14th region official so that I could get some money down? lol jk

lol i would pitch in lmao
Both Centrals got a good draw...but I am takin the PIKE CENTRAL LADY HAWKS!
Lady Hawks
SpOrTsFaNaTiC711 Wrote:Both Centrals got a good draw...but I am takin the PIKE CENTRAL LADY HAWKS!

Johnson Central IMO got the worst draw possible for them. They ended up with Valley as their first game and Belfry more than likely their semi final. I am sure they would have rather been playing Allen Central that first game and have Valley up there with Pike Central. IMO Pike Central got the best draw possible. I really wanted Paintsville that first game.
I'm rootin' for the Lady Cats!!
Pike Centrals to give away they should be goin back to state no problem

good draw guys
I'm hoping that when Valley takes on Johnson Central tomorrow night that it's a repeat of the first round of the region from 2 years ago. Two years ago, Valley was underestimated in the first round against the Eagles and ended up beating them with an astounding comeback at the end of the 3rd and 4th quarter.

I'm pulling for the Lady Kats! Good luck.
The Pink Lady Wrote:I'm hoping that when Valley takes on Johnson Central tomorrow night that it's a repeat of the first round of the region from 2 years ago. Two years ago, Valley was underestimated in the first round against the Eagles and ended up beating them with an astounding comeback at the end of the 3rd and 4th quarter.

I'm pulling for the Lady Kats! Good luck.

This JC team is a completely different team than two years ago - older, stronger, more experienced, and you can bet they haven't forgotten that loss two years ago.
BballFan63 Wrote:This JC team is a completely different team than two years ago - older, stronger, more experienced, and you can bet they haven't forgotten that loss two years ago.

you are exactly right and nice win for them
Johnson Central beat Valley 30 points! Pike Central better not over look them in the championship game!