Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Religious Naturism?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just watched a show on National Geographic about this and I just wanted to know everyone's opinions.

There are many Christian naturists, or nudists, in the United States. I became very interested in this show not because people were nude, but because they made some good points. These people go to church nude! Many do as much as they can naked. Some even live in naturists communities. Here are some reasons. I couldn't remember all of them, but these are some of the better ones.

1. God made Adam and Eve nude. Only after they ate the forbidden fruit were they ashamed of their body.

2. God made man in the image of Him. So if we say that the body is indecent, are we saying God is indecent?

3. No where in the Bible does it say going nude is immoral. It talks of how temptation and lust are sins, but never says nudism is wrong.

4. Closer to God. You don't have to worry about what you look like or how you dress. God made you and He knows what you look like. He loves you the way you are. And other people shan't judge. They should accept you the way you are. Fat, skinny, handicapped, or whatever body type.

5. Years ago, when someone was baptized, they were required to be nude.

Do you think this is wrong and sinful?
6. You are born naked
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I just watched a show on National Geographic about this and I just wanted to know everyone's opinions.

There are many Christian naturists, or nudists, in the United States. I became very interested in this show not because people were nude, but because they made some good points. These people go to church nude! Many do as much as they can naked. Some even live in naturists communities. Here are some reasons. I couldn't remember all of them, but these are some of the better ones.

1. God made Adam and Eve nude. Only after they ate the forbidden fruit were they ashamed of their body.

2. God made man in the image of Him. So if we say that the body is indecent, are we saying God is indecent?

3. No where in the Bible does it say going nude is immoral. It talks of how temptation and lust are sins, but never says nudism is wrong.

4. Closer to God. You don't have to worry about what you look like or how you dress. God made you and He knows what you look like. He loves you the way you are. And other people shan't judge. They should accept you the way you are. Fat, skinny, handicapped, or whatever body type.

5. Years ago, when someone was baptized, they were required to be nude.

Lol I watched the same thing last night...they are weird. There is no way I would go to a church service with them, I would be puking everywhere.
Man has implemented man upon the word of GOD. Traditions, rules and procedures. Jesus said that the best of all gifts given by GOD is the gift of LOVE. It is how you treat others.
Being nude or how you worship GOD is your own business. It does say that where their is 2 or 3 gathered in my name their I will be also.
I dont have a problem with what people do,not for me to judge.... WE will ALL stand before GOD on judgement day...
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Man has implemented man upon the word of GOD. Traditions, rules and procedures. Jesus said that the best of all gifts given by GOD is the gift of LOVE. It is how you treat others.
Being nude or how you worship GOD is your own business. It does say that where their is 2 or 3 gathered in my name their I will be also.
I dont have a problem with what people do,not for me to judge.... WE will ALL stand before GOD on judgement day...

Very well said.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I just watched a show on National Geographic about this and I just wanted to know everyone's opinions.

So Cheer Chick, What is your opinion???

Did the show convince you to become a nudist?
LOL, not quite. But I'm kind of torn on the subject. I don't think it should be a sin and I don't think they should get as much crap as they do for doing what they do. I understand completely why they do it, even though I never would. It's great that they are comfortable doing that and that the US is so lucky to have the freedom to have nude communities. We are truly blessed