Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Western Kentucky best option for Slone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Watchful Eye Wrote:Please don't be one of those idiots that has a problem with him because he's white and from Eastern Kentucky. They have wore that excuse out on Richie Farmer, John Pelphrey and Derek Feldhouse. Why not just be proud of someone from your area......unless your from Louisville?

First of all Im not an idiot, second of all Im white and Im from Eastern KY. But the truth is the truth, and he is not D1 material. I have been to UK games and seen how good they are, there is no way he could compete with those boys.
I have watched a lot of Western games and Landon Slone reminds me a lot of Ty Rogers who is currently a senior at Western. Rogers has contributed to the team a lot offensively and has been an on/off starter over the past 4 years. However, I think Landon is quicker and better off the dribble than Ty Rogers so there is no doubt in my mind that he could play at a competitive D1 school such as Western and be a contributor.
DALE Wrote:I don't know why WE you quoted yourself and asked if you were from Louisville, you tell us. lol, just funning with you. I think I know where that comment was directed.

I'm sorry..no disrespect and I really mean that.I am not a bad person. It drives me crazy no matter what player has the option to play at a higher level around here (here being the mountains). There are always those that degrade a young athlete if he or she doesn't happen to play for their particular team. The same person will complain over and over about how no kids around Eastern KY get any looks whatsoever from big schools.It crazy!!!!
Dale, what do you think. You usually always have an educated comment....what do you think..does Eastern Ky allow rivalries to degrade their own or not?
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:First of all Im not an idiot, second of all Im white and Im from Eastern KY. But the truth is the truth, and he is not D1 material. I have been to UK games and seen how good they are, there is no way he could compete with those boys.

Are you a college recruiter?
Watchful Eye Wrote:Dale, what do you think. You usually always have an educated comment....what do you think..does Eastern Ky allow rivalries to degrade their own or not?

Heck yeah they do. It's more so from the adults than the players in my mind. Players respect one another no matter what school they represent. Some parents/people of their rival schools, no matter if it's Belfry/Pikeville, SC/Lawrence, or Paintsville/JC, always seem to find flaws in a kid as if they want to see them fail. Also, other spectators that see a kid excel at one school always seem to think one of theirs is better and will not give the respect that is due because their player is not as highly regarded in the recruiting circus than the other. No matter what school someone goes to, or no matter what school is looking at a certain player we should all feel proud that someone from EKY has a chance to improve themselves as an individual first and as an athlete second. If someone does go D1 in basketball and doesn't get the same glory that they had in high school, so what. The least we can do is dig down deep and find enough class and respect to wish them well and congratulate them on their accomplishment. He or she may not be from someone's school, but they are one of EKY's own and we should back that individual to the fullest and hope they represent us well.
Redneck Wrote:Are you a college recruiter?

yea you didn't know....but he got let go because on all of his evaluations it just said this about every kid..."NO TALENT WHAT SO EVER!"
DALE Wrote:Heck yeah they do. It's more so from the adults than the players in my mind. Players respect one another no matter what school they represent. Some parents/people of their rival schools, no matter if it's Belfry/Pikeville, SC/Lawrence, or Paintsville/JC, always seem to find flaws in a kid as if they want to see them fail. Also, other spectators that see a kid excel at one school always seem to think one of theirs is better and will not give the respect that is due because their player is not as highly regarded in the recruiting circus than the other. No matter what school someone goes to, or no matter what school is looking at a certain player we should all feel proud that someone from EKY has a chance to improve themselves as an individual first and as an athlete second. If someone does go D1 in basketball and doesn't get the same glory that they had in high school, so what. The least we can do is dig down deep and find enough class and respect to wish them well and congratulate them on their accomplishment. He or she may not be from someone's school, but they are one of EKY's own and we should back that individual to the fullest and hope they represent us well.

:Thumbs: :Thumbs:
Thats great!!! If Eastern Kentucky doesn't campaign for Eastern Kentucky then by god who's going to?
I think that WKU would be a good fit for Landon. I know for a fact that he has many other schools that are very interested in him, WKU being one of them. I've got to see WKU play on tv a couple of times, and I feel that Slone could contribute to that team. I'd like to see him go somewhere where he knows that he can get playing time. Not saying that he couldn't get playing time at UK or UofL, but I highly doubt that he will get that much time as a Freshman or Sophmore. That's a step a lot of high school kids, are willing to take. I'll go to UK or UofL just because I can say that I'm going there, instead of going somewhere like a WKU, or EKU, where (if abilities exist) I know I can go and make an impact early on in my career. Hopefully Landon doesn't get his mind set that "I'm going to UK, or UofL," just because they send him some stuff, and show interest. Of the 7 or 8 schools that I know of really after Landon, he could probably make an impact immediately at 5 or 6 of them. I personally think that Landon could go to a Mid-Major school, and think he could make an impact early on. He's smart enough to play at any level in college, IMO, and his abilities and style of play suite the Mid-Major college style of play. Best of Luck to Landon for the rest of this season, and with his decision on where he will continue to play basketball at the next level.
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:After watching the Pikeville-Georgetown game last week, IMO Landon slone would be lucky to play at a school like that. The gaurds for both of those schools are so fast and athletic, the would be all over him. Western is a good basketball school, so I belive it would be tough for him to play at D1 level.

How soon we forget that Landon can shoot. A couple of screens and Landon could definitely contribute at Western. I do not remember WKU's coach being that fast, but he could fill it up.
Pages: 1 2