Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky cornerback Paul Warford is suspended indefinitely
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP)—Kentucky cornerback Paul Warford was suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.

Warford started 11 games as a sophomore for the Wildcats in 2007, making 41 tackles with two interceptions and nine pass breakups. Coach Rich Brooks didn’t say whether Warford would be able to participate in spring practice, which begins next month.
RavenBoy Wrote:LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP)—Kentucky cornerback Paul Warford was suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.

Warford started 11 games as a sophomore for the Wildcats in 2007, making 41 tackles with two interceptions and nine pass breakups. Coach Rich Brooks didn’t say whether Warford would be able to participate in spring practice, which begins next month.

Even more interesting when you consider that UK is currently recruiting his younger brother, who I think is a high school junior...

Wonder if this might affect that recruitment, especially if the suspension tails into next year's games?
I hope his brother can cover better than he can. Warford was a weak link in the UK defense last year. A VERY weak link...
More Cowbell Wrote:Even more interesting when you consider that UK is currently recruiting his younger brother, who I think is a high school junior...

Wonder if this might affect that recruitment, especially if the suspension tails into next year's games?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I hope his brother can cover better than he can. Warford was a weak link in the UK defense last year. A VERY weak link...

Actually, he's not a cornerback, lol. I went back and checked the Sunday Herald-Leader article where I read this, and he is a 6-5, 320 pound offensive lineman. It also turns out I was wrong, it's his first cousin, not his brother (whoops).

As for cousin Paul, I agree with you totally... Big Grin
Ah, even at 6'5, 320 I'd bet he can still cover better than cousinSmile
More Cowbell Wrote:Actually, he's not a cornerback, lol. I went back and checked the Sunday Herald-Leader article where I read this, and he is a 6-5, 320 pound offensive lineman. It also turns out I was wrong, it's his first cousin, not his brother (whoops).

As for cousin Paul, I agree with you totally... Big Grin
Honestly I do not see this as a bad loss at all. This will give our new freshman kids a spot to fight for which will hopefully make their work ethic better and will get them transitioned quicker. I would rather have an inexperienced freshman out there who is a some what better than Warford rather then having him out there JMO.
Yeah nothing major I'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 people on the team can do what he did and thats not much.
Thats sucks...he might not be able to cover but he is a sure tackler.
vundy33 Wrote:Thats sucks...he might not be able to cover but he is a sure tackler.

I am sure we can find someone who can cover 10 times better and be as good at tackling. Never know everyone with some hard work this could be David Jone's time to step in and make some noise.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I am sure we can find someone who can cover 10 times better and be as good at tackling. Never know everyone with some hard work this could be David Jone's time to step in and make some noise.
I sure hope so. David is a great kid, and has really improved his game in the 3 years he's been at UK. I'd like to see him lineup on a regular basis next season.