Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayweather to try WWE’s WrestleMania
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A $20 million payday awaits the undefeated WBC welterweight champion when he takes on Big Show as part of WWE’s “WrestleMania XXIV” at Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Fla., on March 30.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ap...&type=lgns
My bad, I meant to put this in Pro Sports.
Saw this unfold at the last PPV. It should be interesting to see if they will have a regular wrestling match or if they'll have a boxing match.

Still lots of time to see how this story-line will pan out.
Dang it it is 20 million dollars in it then heck I don't blame him. The WWE is trying to get a storyline like they had with Mike Tyson back in the good ole' days in the 90's. I guarantee it.
Most of you know that I hate wrestling but did anyone see a while back when Mayweather hit the Big show with a 4 punch combo and bloodied his face, then him and his crew ran out of the arena? That couldn't have been staged. Those were real punches, it looked like his nose was broken.
From what i was reading up on the whole thing, Big Show was training to be a professinal boxer when he took his break for a couple months. Another part of the story line said they offered De La Hoya a chance to be in the story line as part of a maywether and mysterio vs. de la hoya and big show but he turned it down.
vundy33 Wrote:Most of you know that I hate wrestling but did anyone see a while back when Mayweather hit the Big show with a 4 punch combo and bloodied his face, then him and his crew ran out of the arena? That couldn't have been staged. Those were real punches, it looked like his nose was broken.

Yes the story-line is written, but the punches were real. The WWE really wanted the punches to look real, so Big Show told him to have at it. Big Show did, in fact, have his nose broken by Mayweather.

Sure, the story-lines are written...WWE admitted that many years ago, but the blood is always real when they break their noses or bleed themselves from the forehead.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:From what i was reading up on the whole thing, Big Show was training to be a professinal boxer when he took his break for a couple months. Another part of the story line said they offered De La Hoya a chance to be in the story line as part of a maywether and mysterio vs. de la hoya and big show but he turned it down.

From my understanding, Big Show had been training to be a boxer since leaving the WWE, but was not very successful at it. I guess he sucked at the training or sparring.

Since that fell through he came back to the WWE. To my knowledge, Big Show isn't looking to box anymore.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Yes the story-line is written, but the punches were real. The WWE really wanted the punches to look real, so Big Show told him to have at it. Big Show did, in fact, have his nose broken by Mayweather.

Sure, the story-lines are written...WWE admitted that many years ago, but the blood is always real when they break their noses or bleed themselves from the forehead.

Some of the blood is fake but most of it is real. Some wrestlers use blood packs, I seen it in Ric Flair's book and Stone Cold's book, also, some use a razor blade to cut themselves during the match(pretty stupid if you ask me). Most of it is real but there are still some out ther that use the packs and cut themselves on purpose.

No, I don't watch wrestling. I used to love it in the 90's when I was a kid growing up because I thought it was real, but when I got older I realized it was stupid. I haven't watched it in forever, but if I see good ole' Stone Cold or The Undertaker, or the Rock(if he ever comes back) then I'll watch tehre segments and turn it off.
Meaty Wrote:but if I see good ole' Stone Cold or The Undertaker, or the Rock(if he ever comes back) then I'll watch there segments and turn it off.
Same here
Geez, Big Show's closed fist is bigger than Mayweather's entire head, lol. Did anybody else see that on the Wrestle Mania press conference.
Redneck Wrote:Geez, Big Show's closed fist is bigger than Mayweather's entire head, lol. Did anybody else see that on the Wrestle Mania press conference.

Yea but Mayweather would still whip his @$$ in a boxing match regardless. Big Show is massive though.
vundy33 Wrote:Most of you know that I hate wrestling but did anyone see a while back when Mayweather hit the Big show with a 4 punch combo and bloodied his face, then him and his crew ran out of the arena? That couldn't have been staged. Those were real punches, it looked like his nose was broken.

That sucks, I was hoping it wasn't part of the story-line. Jim Rome sure thought it wasn't...lol. He was making so much fun of Mayweather for running like a girl. Smile
Yea I agree, Mayweather will destroy Big Show. IMO if WWE did get De La Hoya and Big Show in the tag-team deal, then Big Show and De La Hoya would defeat Mayweather and Ray Misterio.