Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bill Mike Runyon (Rumor)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The word around paintsville is that after Bill Mike retires this year from the head coach of the paintsville tigers that he will be joining former player and former Kentucky Wildcat John Pelphrey as a assistant coach at Arkansas....anyone heard this???
BMR could coach at any level of the game of basketball. Wouldn't shock me at all and would be a great move IMO for Arkansas.
First I have heard of this, but unitl there is any proof or evidence shown this will stay as a rumor.
With all the time he would have after retiring I could possibly believe this. BMR loves the game way too much to just walk away completely.
I have heard a little about this. But I don't know if would willing to leave his home. Even though I agree he could coach at any level.
i have heard this however i believe it to be just a rumor at this point that someone started after they mentioned him at the game the other day....however, if it did happen it would not surprise me a bit...im sure pelphrey has alot of respect for bmr as a coach, as well all of his former players do..
First I have heard of this. I don't see him leavin his hometown or takin his youngest daughter outta Paintsville High School and movin to Arkansas.

I have heard somethin else that I really could see happenin. I have heard that with the success that Kelly Wells has had at PC, he may move on to bigger and better things. I could see coach Runyon takin over up there. I don't know how much truth there is to this if there is any at all, just somethin I heard.
Redneck Wrote:First I have heard of this. I don't see him leavin his hometown or takin his youngest daughter outta Paintsville High School and movin to Arkansas.

I have heard somethin else that I really could see happenin. I have heard that with the success that Kelly Wells has had at PC, he may move on to bigger and better things. I could see coach Runyon takin over up there. I don't know how much truth there is to this if there is any at all, just somethin I heard.

i dont see kelly leaving at this point unless its a really good offer, but i really wouldn't be surprised at this either...i wouldn't be surprised at much anymore..
OMG Wrote:i dont see kelly leaving at this point unless its a really good offer, but i really wouldn't be surprised at this either...i wouldn't be surprised at much anymore..
That's what I said when I heard this.
BMR is perfectly capable of being an assistant at any college or even head coach for that matter. But I don't think you will be seeing him on the Razorback's sideline! JMO! I say this is a rumor and nothing else!
LIPS Wrote:The word around paintsville is that after Bill Mike retires this year from the head coach of the paintsville tigers that he will be joining former player and former Kentucky Wildcat John Pelphrey as a assistant coach at Arkansas....anyone heard this???
who cares...i'm so sick and tired of hearing about paintsville...they should be good there the only private school in the 15th and we all know they recurit
08_#14 Wrote:who cares...i'm so sick and tired of hearing about paintsville...they should be good there the only private school in the 15th and we all know they recurit
:thatsfunn Funniest thing I have ever heard. Please explain, who have they recruited?
Also explain the Private! LMAO!!!
they should be moved out of the 57.. there to many teams there anyways send them to p-burg
08_#14 Wrote:they should be moved out of the 57.. there to many teams there anyways send them to p-burg

That's a great idea. If you can't beat them send them elsewhere.:Thumbs:
That would be fine.
08_#14 Wrote:they should be moved out of the 57.. there to many teams there anyways send them to p-burg

Smile Please keep postin, I ain't laughed like this in a while.
DALE Wrote:That's a great idea. If you can't beat them send them elsewhere.:Thumbs:
:thatsfunn
08_#14 Wrote:who cares...i'm so sick and tired of hearing about paintsville...they should be good there the only private school in the 15th and we all know they recurit

Smile LOL.. that is the funniest thing I have heard in awhile. First of all they are an independent school not a private school... there is a difference. Secondly what do they offer these kids to switch schools... new cars, houses, maybe a million dollars? LOL this has just cracked me up!
sportsfan06 Wrote:Smile LOL.. that is the funniest thing I have heard in awhile. First of all they are an independent school not a private school... there is a difference. Secondly what do they offer these kids to switch schools... new cars, houses, maybe a million dollars? LOL this has just cracked me up!

Smile Yeah, I cant get over that, lol. I guess they recruited Slone when he was in middle school huh, LMFAO.

Smile Are you seroius? I would say I'm sick and tired of people getting on here talking that same crap over and over when they don't have a clue what they are talkin' about to begin with....but the rest of the posters and myself will make an exception for you considering you have decided to enlighten us with your wealth of knowledge about basketball and schools in the state of Kentucky. Since you know so much, who was the gunman on the grassy knoll???......lol
IRISH4 Wrote:Smile Are you seroius? I would say I'm sick and tired of people getting on here talking that same crap over and over when they don't have a clue what they are talkin' about to begin with....but the rest of the posters and myself will make an exception for you considering you have decided to enlighten us with your wealth of knowledge about basketball and schools in the state of Kentucky. Since you know so much, who was the gunman on the grassy knoll???......lol

Smile Hilarious

And to answer your question, Lee Harvey Oswald
Redneck Wrote:First I have heard of this. I don't see him leavin his hometown or takin his youngest daughter outta Paintsville High School and movin to Arkansas.

BMR can flat out coach, but I don't know about being a head coach at a college, its all about recruiting, and it is not easy to recruit to Pikeville.
Bill Mike's latest passion is politics. You can forget about him coaching anything.

oh wow! you finally figured it out...im so gald you and everyone else knows that paintsville recruits now...thats how they got me and all my family, they offered all of my family jobs at the stock yard, brand spankin new 1984 nova's, custom built with spinner wheels, and a plot of land up flat gap...that was an offer none of us could resist...but thanks for shedding light on the recruiting scandal...hahahahahahahahahah...lol

im only kidding but most my family does live up flat gap, hahaha
he's told me on several occassions throughout the years that he'd NEVER leave the mountains.

That's not saying that there's isn't anything to the rumor. Just saying that he has said that to me on more than one occassion over the years.
Paintsville isn't a private school, 08_#14.

Paintsville is an independent school, there's a huge difference.

Hey, but think what you want, it helps that whole recruiting thing that some like to perpetuate.
I would assume 08 would mean 2008 and #14 would cross reference a athletic number...maybe? Just remember education is everything and after reading those prior comments you need to stay in school....no matter what.
This is the first positive rumor that I have ever heard on the site...I think it would be an awesome move.

:confused: Amazing!
If 08 refers to your graduation year, then I'd suggest you try to go a few more years! lmao
Pages: 1 2