Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pep clubs' influence on the outcome of games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most pep clubs seem to be down this year. The Dawgs are awesome and I can't wait to see their antics during district and regional. Last year the Perry club came in second and the crew at KCC seemed pretty good. No one but Hazard seems to be making any noise this year... I think that the Dawg Pound helped Hazard in the 14th over KCC last year. Believe me the Dawgs will be out in full force. No comparison.
I agree. KCC's Blue Crew is WAY DOWN this year. I am going to guess no one cares about it anymore or they are just getting tired of the same old thing. They have to go to the boys games and ARE EXPECTED TO BE AT JBS GAMES. There are usually 20-25 people normally at the boys games. 5-10 at the girls games. I am sure that they will be some what there for the tournament.
Pep clubs sure don't hurt and many schools have good ones, but they should have little effect on the game. If the pep club influences the outcome of a game, then the coach needs to have a serious talk with his players!
I too must give a big "thank you" to the Bulldog pepclub. They have been faithful this year...football and basketball...and their support has been very beneficial in several big games such as JBS, and the All A tournament games. I am sure they will be primed and ready for the district and regional tournaments!

Go Bulldogs!!
I can't wait to see what the Dawg Pound is going to do for the district and regional. Last year's kids were awesome...the smurfs, the mimes, the cheerleaders. This year's pep section have some big shoes to fill but I know they are going to do a great job. I think the pep section and the band adds so much to a game. I absolutely love that atmosphere. Supporting your school is what it's all about. GOOOO BULLDOGS!!!!!

HHS DAWG POUND :wenumber1
[Image: Img_0818-1.jpg]
That Picture is Priceless!
The 6th man at Prestonsburg has been reall good all year. They ae always real loud and sometimes get really crazy. I believe the Gorilla they have run around is awesome. Cant wait to see what they come up with at Districts!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I can't wait to see what the Dawg Pound is going to do for the district and regional. Last year's kids were awesome...the smurfs, the mimes, the cheerleaders. This year's pep section have some big shoes to fill but I know they are going to do a great job. I think the pep section and the band adds so much to a game. I absolutely love that atmosphere. Supporting your school is what it's all about. GOOOO BULLDOGS!!!!!

HHS DAWG POUND :wenumber1
[Image: Img_0818-1.jpg]

most of these boys have graduated and moved away from hazard but hazard still has a good pep section
wildcatman Wrote:most of these boys have graduated and moved away from hazard but hazard still has a good pep section

Those were last year's seniors as "Smurfs" in last year's district game.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Those were last year's seniors as "Smurfs" in last year's district game.

So just like he said, they've graduated and probably moved away.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So just like he said, they've graduated and probably moved away.

And just like I said in my original post "Last year's kids were awesome...the smurfs..."
I've heard alot about the pep section at Hazard. Hopefully I'll be able to see them in region long as they make it...which I'm almost positive they will. Powell County has a pretty respectable student section. I've seen them a few times and they were very impressive. I do agree on the overall subject of the thread. Pep clubs have everything to do with the outcome of a basketball game. It even encourages the players to play harder.
I agree I think it makes the players play alot harder and with alot more heart.
Godspeed Wrote:I've heard alot about the pep section at Hazard. Hopefully I'll be able to see them in region long as they make it...which I'm almost positive they will. Powell County has a pretty respectable student section. I've seen them a few times and they were very impressive. I do agree on the overall subject of the thread. Pep clubs have everything to do with the outcome of a basketball game. It even encourages the players to play harder.

Well I think that a good team will not let the fans rattle them. Although its pretty tough to ignore it. When is the last time you heard someone talking about u and u let it go? I think it effects some teams more than others, but it is really important in High School Basketball none the less.
I think the best pep section ever around this area was the Pike Central one when they broke the world record for the most bodies painted for a sporting event. It was great, it was loud and they were CRAZY to add to the atmosphere it was against Pikeville so Pikeville came out in full force and added to the fire.
Pep Sections dont put the ball in the whole.
RavenBoy Wrote:Pep Sections dont put the ball in the whole.

No they don't, but the atmosphere they help to create is awesome. They can take a game and turn it into an "event".
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I think the best pep section ever around this area was the Pike Central one when they broke the world record for the most bodies painted for a sporting event. It was great, it was loud and they were CRAZY to add to the atmosphere it was against Pikeville so Pikeville came out in full force and added to the fire.

That was one game, they were hardly there before that and after that.
vundy33 Wrote:That was one game, they were hardly there before that and after that.

the reason tn't there until halftime of the first game was due to the fact the painting and counting and everything took alot longer than expected. We started painting right after school and it just took FOREVER. The section stayed together for the entire first half and then when the lead got to like 20 some left the game b/c it was a blow out but the majority stayed. The picture that hangs in gym is priceless.
Shelby Valley's Blue Crew is awful this year, last year it was awesome. But they still have alot show up for big games, like for Pikeville.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:the reason tn't there until halftime of the first game was due to the fact the painting and counting and everything took alot longer than expected. We started painting right after school and it just took FOREVER. The section stayed together for the entire first half and then when the lead got to like 20 some left the game b/c it was a blow out but the majority stayed. The picture that hangs in gym is priceless.

What was the number of painted bodies in attendance?
gotcha2 Wrote:What was the number of painted bodies in attendance?

to be honest I can not remember i think it was around 300. The end zone at Pike Central was filled there were kids standing where the cheerleaders are.
and_1 Wrote:I agree. KCC's Blue Crew is WAY DOWN this year. I am going to guess no one cares about it anymore or they are just getting tired of the same old thing. They have to go to the boys games and ARE EXPECTED TO BE AT JBS GAMES. There are usually 20-25 people normally at the boys games. 5-10 at the girls games. I am sure that they will be some what there for the tournament.

I think this is just crazy.The Kcc pep Club supports all teams. Most of the Girls Basketball Team is in the pep club that is why there is less people. Maybe if your a patriot fan you should be in the stands. Seems like everyone loves to hate on us. Hazards Pep club is good this year thanks to Kcc Pep club chants. At every game that I've seen there is always the dedicated fans there to watch. Kcc's pep club has shrunk this year but you better believe they will be ready to make some noise at the district games.
Jimmy Wrote:I think this is just crazy.The Kcc pep Club supports all teams. Most of the Girls Basketball Team is in the pep club that is why there is less people. Maybe if your a patriot fan you should be in the stands. Seems like everyone loves to hate on us. Hazards Pep club is good this year thanks to Kcc Pep club chants. At every game that I've seen there is always the dedicated fans there to watch. Kcc's pep club has shrunk this year but you better believe they will be ready to make some noise at the district games.

COULDN"T AGREE MORE!!!!!!!!!!
Tonight in the 58th district the Betsy Layne pep section pretty much decided the game by throwing a bottle on the court. BL got a "T". BL was up 4 with a minute to go when this happened. After this happened, before BL got the ball back they where down 2.
Hazard's pep section would have to be the best. & I can say this from expirence, I'm in it every time! Last year's seniors raised the bar, and now we're ready to raise it agian. We are already planning out the costumes, so be on the look out you never know what we have up our sleeve! =]
i would just like to say that betsy layne's pep section had nothing to do with the loss last night. the bottle actually wasn't throw from the pep section. it was thrown at mid court....just to clear that up