Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bill Mike Runyon's Name Mentioned on CBS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone on here hear the announcers mention Bill Mike Runyon when talking about him coaching Pelphrey? They talked about him retiring and mentioned that he was at Rupp for today's game. I though that was pretty cool.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Anyone on here hear the announcers mention Bill Mike Runyon when talking about him coaching Pelphrey? They talked about him retiring and mentioned that he was at Rupp for today's game. I though that was pretty cool.
He is sitting right behind JLP.
A great shout out. When CBS congradulates you on your retirement, historic career and presence at the game. I heard it and am absolutely sure Coach R desrves it all.
he definetely does deserve i thought that was a really nice to mention him and it shows how far back he has been coaching superb athletes that come out of paintsville..
Wonder if he mentioned to John Leslie that the Head Coaching job was going to be open at Paintsville soon?Big Grin
I was about to mention this on the UK thread, nice shout-out on national TV.
I agree that Bill Mike deserves all the praise that he gets and more! Hate to hear that this will be his last year... he has had an amazing run! Congrats and Good Luck to him in whatever he does in the future! Thanks for the memories COACH RUNYON!
Good for Bill Mike...the best coach in the 15th and maybe the state..he has had a great career.
BMR deserves the recognition! The accomplishments he has achieved over the years are amazing themselves. But when you consider that he has not only stayed loyal to one school his entire career (almost unheard of), but that this school is one of the smallest in the state, his achievements should cause you to have even more respect!

Whoever takes over at Paintsville, whether it is Ratliff or not, will sure have some big shoes to fill and at least a couple of tough years!
It will be a dry spell for a while. I think they have a pretty good 7th grader and a couple of good freshmen. Their next good group could be their 4th and 5th graders. They also have a couple of good 6th graders.
I thought that was awesome and VERY DESERVING!!
Redneck Wrote:Jealousy is bad for your health...
BMR had a great career, and I hope he gets the chance to end his career at Rupp the same way that Clay County legend Bobby Keith did.
Glad to say I played for BMR. Four of the best years of my life. He's not only a teacher of the game,but a teacher of life. Congrats on a great career coach.
Didn't hear them do it but thats pretty cool that the mentioned him and he does deserve it. I see him coaching somewhere in the future, I don't think he can just walk away from coaching either not when he has been doing it pretty much his whole life.