Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allen Central 63 - Pikeville 59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final. Great game to watch and congrats to AC on the huge win.
Congrats AC....this is a hugh win for them and should give Allen Central a big confidence boost going into the district tourny and into region.....this win will show that AC can hang with any team in the region now....
Congrats Runnin' Rebels!
Congrats Rebels!
Congrats Rebs..stats?
I heard on the radio that Blake Branham led Pikeville with 18 points... I think Josh Prater led AC with 17 and Crum had 14...
Some people said losing the guard didn't hurt Pikeville, well, I know it did.
Great job tonight AC. The Rebels hit the boards hard tonight and never let up. Any Rebel fan would have to be proud of the way these boys played tonight. Good TEAM effort tonight. Congrats on the win and keep focused guys- see ya Thursday.
Congrats Rebels. Sounds like it was a good game.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Some people said losing the guard didn't hurt Pikeville, well, I know it did.
Well yea it did, but not in this game Blake really came thru. He had 19 with 5 threes. But this game really doesn't do a whole lot and could be a blessing in disguise for Pikeville.
Congrats to AC! I think that Allen Central and Pikeville are the 3 and 4 team right after Paintsville and SV.
Congrats AC !!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Congrats to AC! I think that Allen Central and Pikeville are the 3 and 4 team right after Paintsville and SV.

I would have to agree with that! This was a huge win for the Rebels and a big confidence booster.
Great Win for the Rebs!
Congrats AC
Awesome. Love to see this, congrats AC.
I knew this would happen. It has looked as if the wheels were starting to come off for a couple of weeks and maybe they finally did. A team that returned what it did from last years regional championship runnerup team may not even make it out of their district this year. It was nice to see Blake have a decent night shooting the ball.
Nice win REBS.
hammertime Wrote:I knew this would happen. It has looked as if the wheels were starting to come off for a couple of weeks and maybe they finally did. A team that returned what it did from last years regional championship runnerup team may not even make it out of their district this year. It was nice to see Blake have a decent night shooting the ball.
What?? Pikeville only beat AC beat by 8 at Pikeville last year and had to take them to OT to defeat them in the regional tournament. It's not like Allen Central is a bad team, and it was at thier place. This loss isn't one to be ashamed of, but may spark something in their heads that let them know that they are capable of losing to teams besides Paintsville and SV. They should still get into region, but ER will be a tough task. This isn't the end of the world. They will be fine.
As good as Pikeville's JV team they should have played some of their players.
kj52 Wrote:As good as Pikeville's JV team they should have played some of their players.
They did. Two of them was on the floor for almost the whole 4th quarter.
well in the district pikeville is in it could go either way for them- pikeville could lose in the first round or win the championship.......

congrats rebels!!!!!!!
Pikeville struggled last night but it is not because of any of the current players.

They are doing a great job improving and trying to overcome the selfishness of one that decided in the middle of February that he was more important than the team.

The loss of a player who decided to leave his team because of his own selfishness has caused a little distraction (at least last night).

Last night the Panthers got away from their gameplan midway thru the 2nd quarter, partly because of Branham's hot shooting and partly because the officials chose to allow AC to triple team(beat, bang, and hang on) Adams.

How about the 15th Region attempt to rehire Ancie Casey, Keith Hall, Jim Blankenship, Dale Conn, Jerry Hurley(the other one)? and bring back some of the old guys while bringing in new guys as well.

It is embarassing to watch SOME of the 15th region officials work. Some, and I do say some have no business calling varsity games.
Many are too old to get up and down the court in proper position, some just don't bother getting into position, and some just have the worst judgement I have ever seen(I sometimes wonder if I am watching the same game)

Sorry for the rant, I do feel better now!
well im not baggin on adams, but just because he is 6'10, doesnt mean he doesnt go over anyones back and doesnt block any shots without gettin a foul called on him. But anyway that was one heck of a dunk on that fastbreak in the first half. Congrats AC
Congrats AC. A very good win heading into district play. This just shows the rest of the region that AC is a top 3-5 team.
Congrats Rebels on a great win. I am also proud of the students on their participation. You all did great supporting your team.
GREAT job AC.
congrats rebels. huge win.
Nice win for AC!!!
Blake was on fire in the 1st half but cooled down quickly in the 2nd....Pikeville had no one else to look to for scoring after that and they still gave the ball to Blake. This was Blake's coming out party but since he hasnt played much he wasnt ready at the end of the game, but this was great game experience for him and close game experience for the Panthers, so maybe this can be called a moral victory haha
Pages: 1 2