Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 81 Lawrence County 53
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Elisha Justice had 16 points, 3 assists, 5 steals, and 2 rebounds.
Ashley Hatfield had 15 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, and 3 blocks.
Logan Bryant had 14 points and 3 assists.
Jacob Bryant had 12 points, 6 assists, 5 steals, and 4 rebounds.
Jonah Justice had 11 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 assists.
Cody Varney had 8 points, 3 rebounds, 3 steals, and 2 blocks.
Tyler Newsome had 3 points and 3 rebounds.
Dylan Tackett had 2 points.

The Wildcats shot 29-60 (48%) from the field.
They shot 5-18 (27%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 18-25 (72%) from the free throw line.
They had 28 rebounds, 18 assists, 21 steals, and 11 turnovers.

The Bulldogs shot 22-52 (42%) from the field.
They shot 3-10 (30%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 6-12 (50%) from the free throw line.
They had 36 rebounds, 9 assists, 6 steals, and 24 turnovers.
congrats valley, they have pretty balanced scoring it seems like...
Congrats Valley
Nice to see Logan Bryant play more aggressive on the offensive end... Shelby Valley is a much better team when he looks at the basket.
Congrats Valley!
Congrats
Shelby Valley totally dominated this game. Great effort by the Cats. Score at the end of the 1st was 22-3 and they were up 30 points with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd. Maybe the best I have seen them look all season... After that point they just cruised to the victory.
Congratz SV, they put on a show tonight.
nice job valley!
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:Congratz SV, they put on a show tonight.

Congrats! About time they put on a show!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Congrats! About time they put on a show!
Agreed. They could have won by 50 if they had wanted.
Congrats Valley!
No big surprise here, but congrats SV anyway
Anybody know if Logan is alright? I'm guessing he's got a pretty bad headache this morning.
Lawrence has got to have a better effort than this. 3pts in the first quarter. This team is better than that.
Congrats Valley
LC must of had a bad night.. I figured SV would beat LC but 3 points in a quarter. By the way who are his 4 assistant coaches? Seen LC PLAY early in season they looked fairly good with some young talent on team. Watched them play RUSSELL and they didnt look as good. Has coaching lost their passion for the game at LC????? THEY do not run much of an offense its like they play school ground ball or run and gun..... Figured ANDERSON would do a better job than this with what talent he has. OH well maybe I am wrong or maybe I am not . Should he evaluate himself and coaching staff? HOPE HE DOES FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!
HERDFAN Wrote:LC must of had a bad night.. I figured SV would beat LC but 3 points in a quarter. By the way who are his 4 assistant coaches? Seen LC PLAY early in season they looked fairly good with some young talent on team. Watched them play RUSSELL and they didnt look as good. Has coaching lost their passion for the game at LC????? THEY do not run much of an offense its like they play school ground ball or run and gun..... Figured ANDERSON would do a better job than this with what talent he has. OH well maybe I am wrong or maybe I am not . Should he evaluate himself and coaching staff? HOPE HE DOES FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!

There are alot politics involved in LC. Two of the assistant coaches have kids that play on the team. One is from WVA. and is not even employed by the school and his son runs the team. Anderson changes his starting lineup in the middle of the year for a kid who wants shoot all the time and wont pass and benched a kid who shoot the ball very well and who could pass and play D very well. The big kid in the middle has alot of good moves but never gets the ball feed into him, and not getting alot of playing time. The Lester kid has some great moves but has not got the playing time as of late he should.Its a shame because this team has alot of talene and has only won a few games.Just a bad job coaching, what a wast.
threeball42 Wrote:There are alot politics involved in LC. Two of the assistant coaches have kids that play on the team. One is from WVA. and is not even employed by the school and his son runs the team. Anderson changes his starting lineup in the middle of the year for a kid who wants shoot all the time and wont pass and benched a kid who shoot the ball very well and who could pass and play D very well. The big kid in the middle has alot of good moves but never gets the ball feed into him, and not getting alot of playing time. The Lester kid has some great moves but has not got the playing time as of late he should.Its a shame because this team has alot of talene and has only won a few games.Just a bad job coaching, what a wast.

I don't know if what you are saying is true or not because I'm not familiar with the local LC power struggles. But Anderson isn't known for handling politic v. coaching issues. A coach needs to just tell people they are the coach and coach or tell them to get someone else. A good coach can never be a puppet for others. A good coach needs to have their own assistants and do it their way or either move on.... Any school system that won't hire a good coach and let him run the show sure aren't going to be very successful.