Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McDonald's All Americans Announced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Zen Master Wrote:can' t understand the Hopson selection. I watched Darius Miller ring him for 41 points and several dunks at the Fast Lane Classic and showed everybody who was the best player and wait and see who wins Mr. Basketball. Just because Miller and Liggins are not on these lists, these two young men can hoop and certainly will help Patterson and company next season as freshmen.:redboxer:

These "rankings" are all based on what these kids do in AAU and summer ball and all these camps, which is where of most these players actually put forth an effort. Lots of them apparently just goof their way through the high school season because they feel like what they do there doesn't really matter - and to most of the recruiting "experts", it doesn't, all they do is watch them in summer leagues. AAU and summer leagues are turning high school basketball into a purely individual sport, emulating the NBA - which is a horrible, horrible thing, IMHO.
Tyreke Evans is going to end up going to Memphis he is supposed to go to the the game this weekend and talk to the coaches and meet players that is what i read on espn.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Must of posted the wrong rosters Big Grin

Yeah, there has to be some kind of mistake. Big Grin
why isnt Landon Slone on the list?
Lion Crazy Wrote:why isnt Landon Slone on the list?

He was. He actually was "recognized" in selections for the McDonald's All American. I think they only take somewhere between 12 and 15 for the actual teams that play the East/ West game. ****, it's an accomplishment just to be considered.
True....Liked to have seen him plaing in the McDonalds All American Game tho....Hes a great player...Love watching him.
He had no chance of making that. You all take this stuff way to far. You all are really saying Slone has the same abilities as Eric Gordon and OJ Mayo? OK
RavenBoy Wrote:He had no chance of making that. You all take this stuff way to far. You all are really saying Slone has the same abilities as Eric Gordon and OJ Mayo? OK
I am so sick of your bull****. Why don't you get off the kids back. Nobody expected him to make it, but a congrats was definately in order for even bein nominated.
Redneck Wrote:I am so sick of your bull****. Why don't you get off the kids back. Nobody expected him to make it, but a congrats was definately in order for even bein nominated.

Remember Redneck if he's from Eastern KY and white he's not supposed to be able to go to college. Raven Boy has stated that many times.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Remember Redneck if he's from Eastern KY and white he's not supposed to be able to go to college. Raven Boy has stated that many times.
ohh no, he can go to Alice Lloyd no questions asked.
RavenBoy Wrote:ohh no, he can go to Alice Lloyd no questions asked.

Rolleyes You are one jealous dude. I have seen alot of jealousy out of alot of people, but you sir top them all.
Redneck Wrote:Rolleyes You are one jealous dude. I have seen alot of jealousy out of alot of people, but you sir top them all.
Yea your right. I wished people would have made up a rumor about me that I could be a McDonalds All American.
RavenBoy Wrote:Yea your right. I wished people would have made up a rumor about me that I could be a McDonalds All American.

Rumor? Landon was honored on Senior night for bein nominated. A representitive from McDonalds gave him a certificate and a McDonalds All-American basketball.
Redneck Wrote:Rumor? Landon was honored on Senior night for bein nominated. A representitive from McDonalds gave him a certificate and a McDonalds All-American basketball.

Yes that is true, he was honored on Senior night for being nominated. And please tell me why RavenBoy you think Ladon shouldnt be nominated, name a team that has shut him down. Scotty Hopson made the All American team and he sure didnt shut down Landon, Landon drove and scored on him several times and drop 3's and jumpers in his mug. Plus im positive that Grimm held Hopson to 14 points and most of those were free throws. So i think Landon deserves his honorable mentioned with the points he has put up a game, plus against an All-American and top teams in the state. So I'm pretty sure you are just jelouse RavenBoy!
BlueStripes Wrote:Yes that is true, he was honored on Senior night for being nominated. And please tell me why RavenBoy you think Ladon shouldnt be nominated, name a team that has shut him down. Scotty Hopson made the All American team and he sure didnt shut down Landon, Landon drove and scored on him several times and drop 3's and jumpers in his mug. Plus im positive that Grimm held Hopson to 14 points and most of those were free throws. So i think ladon deserves his honorable mentioned with the points he has put up a game against an All-American, and top teams in the state. I think you are just jelouse RavenBoy!
little papers in a Happy meal doesnt count here. You wanna know why I dont think he deserves it, probably because if your a All- American you suppost to be one of the better players in the Country. Slone isnt the best player in the State or the Mountains. What is your all problem, everytime someone says something that you 15th region people dont like it always because your jealous. YOUR JUST MAD BECAUSE YOUR JEALOUS. Get over yourself.
RavenBoy Wrote:little papers in a Happy meal doesnt count here. You wanna know why I dont think he deserves it, probably because if your a All- American you suppost to be one of the better players in the Country. Slone isnt the best player in the State or the Mountains. What is your all problem, everytime someone says something that you 15th region people dont like it always because your jealous. YOUR JUST MAD BECAUSE YOUR JEALOUS. Get over yourself.

Who is jealous? I'm sure if Clark woulda been nominated too you wouldn't be sayin anything about it. You need to get over yourself and your nephew, or son, or whatever he is. Who exactly is the best play in the mountains RavenBoy, enlighten us all with more of your powerful knowledge on high school basketball.
Enough.
Pages: 1 2