Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newman wins the 500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ryan Newman wins the Daytona 500.

2.Kurt Busch
3.Stewart
4.Kyle Busch
5.Sorenson.
i am a diehard Dale Jr fan but if he could not win Newman is fine with me he is great person congrats.
Congrats to Newman, wished Hendrick could have held together.

On a side note Kurt came in second not Kyle. Penske, One-Two.
I have to go against you there blackcatfootball, thank God Hendrick didn't do well. Hope this continues the rest of the year. Smile
Kyle showed exactly why, I think, his joining with Gibbs will be more of a negative, than positive, for Smoke and the whole team. Instead of forming the other "super team" (besides Hendricks) that the media has declared them, I think they have jus brought on a nut case that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to brave, risky, and independent for my blood.
I'm thinking the new car needs to step up it's performance... alot of talk of an exciting race today, but I came away somewhat dissapointed...
Yeah, made me realize again, why I hadn't watched a full NASCAR race in 6-7 years. Other than the 4 races at the plate tracks, martinsville, bristol, and the 2 road courses, I can't hold my attention past the green flag anymore.
I would have loved to see Jr pull this one out but it was not a good day for hendrick motor sports....
And I know everyone is waiting to see where Mayfield finished..IT was a Top 25...23rd baby!
BCF4L Wrote:I have to go against you there blackcatfootball, thank God Hendrick didn't do well. Hope this continues the rest of the year. Smile
I wouldnt bet on it if I were you. Hendrick wasnt good at Daytona last year to open the season and we all know how the rest of the year went.
Pretty boring race I thought, least the first half anyways. Kept waiting on the "big one" to cut the field down, not that I wanted a wreck, just waht you expect at Daytona IMO.
What hurt Dale Jr was on the last restart he dropped to the bottom..and no one went with him...he had no help..he dropped 5 or 6 positions because of that.