Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KHSAA: Friend or Foe to Ky. Public Schools?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the Commonwealth of Kentucky, we have a group, who governs High School Sports. (KHSAA) Is this association a friend to the public schools, private schools, and/or student-athlete... or do they seemingly try to appease those, who are among their "inner circle"?

I'm not very impressed with their Title IX enforcement division. Giving a school (3) sets of 5 year plans to get into compliance is "weak" boys... just downright "lame". (Since those are the words that seem to bother most of you the most... I opted to use both of them in one post!)

I mean "never mind" that (15) graduating groups of female athletes have been "worked over" in one school alone simply because of your reluctance to enforce the law. (but if this was a "recruiting violation in a boys sport, you'd be all over it!)Rolleyes

Any thoughts?
I don't really have an opinion about if it is good for public schools or not, but....

I really resent the fact the KHSAA does not recognize cheerleading as a sport, yet we have to go by their guidelines and we use their forms for our yearly physicals. I am not trying to be one of those, "Yes cheerleading is a sport" girls, but in a way, I guess I am. Kentucky is known for its cheerleading, yet we are not even recognized as a legitimate sport by our own high school sports federation? I've also heard that if they recognized cheerleading, it wouldn't be so hard for school's to follow Title IX's guidelines and they wouldn't have to worry about having an equal number of girls and guys in sports.

I don't like Title IX either. Since I've only dealt with cheerleading, my opinion will of course stem from that. I don't like that no girls can be cut and you can't (or you're not supposed to have) a JV and varsity squad. You are allowed to have two teams, but one squad cannot be any better than the other (or not supposed to be) and the way my high school coach explained it (circa 2003 lol) if there are two squads, no girls can cheer together in two games. It's dumb.....lol.
Well, Title IX and cheer would not go together... it would kill the boys... and we can't do that! Ummm the one thing that most lame-oh administrators do is run right to their cheer leaders and enforce their Title IX stuff with them because IT DOESN'T COST THEM A CENT! And they can put it out there to "show" everyone they're "trying"!
They aren't trying. Trying is someone like Keeno T. from Pikeville. He worked to get their Junior High Squad recognized as = to their Varsity sqaud. They were too! This allows the (2) squads to cheer for their respective Varsity programs and it works!
I know what you're saying though... "pm" me sometime!