Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Senior Night Ceremonies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'ts getting that time of the year to say farewell to our Seniors, I was just wondering what activities does your school use to demonstrate their appreciations to these young men?

:Wave:
At Pikeville, the seniors were introduced before the game, along with their parents. After the game, there was a hospitality room for the teams and parents.
I believe the Mom's might need a "Spa Day" with "cocktails & appetizers", while the Dad's could get with a "small gathering" post game! I make it a policy to attend Senior Night for immediate family... I hate to see that look on the faces of the boys as they walk across the floor and then it hits them... you also see it around the end of the third quarter.... they realize.... this is "the last time they'll wear that uniform in that place"... whether they've been a satisfied participant or not, it's reality and it's one of the biggest "lump to the throat" moments in their lives in a year that is chock full of those types of moments. I'd rather remember them as "happy go lucky baby-faced kids" just playing a game they love!
Lisa Douglas Wrote:I believe the Mom's might need a "Spa Day" with "cocktails & appetizers", while the Dad's could get with a "small gathering" post game! I make it a policy to attend Senior Night for immediate family... I hate to see that look on the faces of the boys as they walk across the floor and then it hits them... you also see it around the end of the third quarter.... they realize.... this is "the last time they'll wear that uniform in that place"... whether they've been a satisfied participant or not, it's reality and it's one of the biggest "lump to the throat" moments in their lives in a year that is chock full of those types of moments. I'd rather remember them as "happy go lucky baby-faced kids" just playing a game they love!

So who do you root for?
Lisa Douglas Wrote:I believe the Mom's might need a "Spa Day" with "cocktails & appetizers", while the Dad's could get with a "small gathering" post game! I make it a policy to attend Senior Night for immediate family... I hate to see that look on the faces of the boys as they walk across the floor and then it hits them... you also see it around the end of the third quarter.... they realize.... this is "the last time they'll wear that uniform in that place"... whether they've been a satisfied participant or not, it's reality and it's one of the biggest "lump to the throat" moments in their lives in a year that is chock full of those types of moments. I'd rather remember them as "happy go lucky baby-faced kids" just playing a game they love!

Nice post.
Johnny Martin does an awesome job "roasting" his Seniors on Senior night. Johnny takes the microphone and stands on the court and introduces his players himself. He shares stories and memories about each one of them with the fans. You can watch the underclassmen nod their heads in agreement as Johnny relays the stories about his Senior class. I've never seen another coach do this on Senior Night- and even the oppents for the night enjoy listening to Johnny on Senior Night.

Good Luck to the 15th Region's Class of 2008. Play hard and enjoy it!!
Sheldon Clark is going to have a huge senior night. they are graduating 5 form bball and 4 from the cheerleaders not to mention all the band kids. its gonna take two hours!!!
East Carter always makes a really big deal out of senior night.. more than most schools i have saw.
Pikeville is going to get a lot of exposure from different schools senior night. They are scheduled for 3 of them. Allen Centrals, which I love the way Johnny does his. Paintsvilles, and Betsy Laynes.
Cards_12 Wrote:Sheldon Clark is going to have a huge senior night. they are graduating 5 form bball and 4 from the cheerleaders not to mention all the band kids. its gonna take two hours!!!

Try 8 cheerleaders....They always do it REALLY nice (if they still do it the way it was when I graduated). First the seniors walk on the floor with their parents, then all the lights go out. The cheerleaders make banners for every senior and they run through with a spotlight on each one. All the seniors gather in the middle of the court with the spotlight and a song is played. Ours was "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday." It's really nice and I will never forget it. It was such a hard night for me, but not as hard as my real last game after regional tournament. That was HORRIBLE! but I won't go there.....when is SC's senior night, anyway?