Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: State wrestling updates.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any one have any updates on how the mountain boys are doing?
yea I would like to know too. If you know anything post it!
Of the 3 that entered today undefeated, Adam Dials from SC and Cory Spencer from JC both won this morning and are in the State Championship matches. Spencer will be facing Travis Sullivan from Wayne Co, who I believe has maybe not lost a State match in his 4 year career. He defeated Spencer in the Region finals last week by a 3-2 decision, so it should be a heck of a match. 8th grader JJ Jude lost his first match this morning, recovered to gain another win, and is in the 3rd place match. Same goes for Ryan Kelly, who lost yesterday, recovered to win 2 straight today, and is in the 3rd place match as well. Also, Matt Slone of SC is in the 5th place match as well.
Hope I didn't miss anybody that advanced to medal rounds. Great job guys, and best of luck to the remaining guys. I'll post some more when I have finals results.
so was there anyone from Perry Central that made it?
Chris Cory and Brandon Feltner. Both were defeated in their first 2 matches, but still a great job making it that far. Here is a link to the individual schools results, from there you can check brackets, results, etc. http://www.khsaa.org/wrestling/2008/state/khs2008tm.htm

JJ Jude lost his 3rd place match by a 6-5 decision, to claim a 4th place. Great job by the 8th grader. Ryan Kelly won his match, to claim 3rd place. Congrats guy, and great jobs. Results to come for Dials and Spencer in their State Championship matches.
Got word that Corey Spencer of Johnson Central defeated Travis Sullivan of Wayne County for the State Title at 112 lbs tonite. Sullivan had recently set the national record for High School career wins at 285, but closer, if not over, 300 by now. Sullivan had been a 3 time defending State Champion. Big Congratulations to Corey and to Sullivan, for an amazing career nontheless, in my new 2nd favorite high school sport. Soon as word passes on Adam Dials' title match, I will pass it along.
Spencer defeated Sullivan by a score of 3-2, the same score Sullivan had defeated Spencer last week in the Region finals. Adam Dials was defeated by pinfall in his title match, but still brings a 2nd place back home. Congratulations to all the guys for their hardwork.
Casey Spencer did one **** of a job yesterday! That kid wrestled his butt off and he earned everything he recieved. Great Job Corey, the people of Johnson Co. are proud of you.
OK2NV Wrote:Casey Spencer did one **** of a job yesterday! That kid wrestled his butt off and he earned everything he recieved. Great Job Corey, the people of Johnson Co. are proud of you.

Congratulations!
Bradley Stafford.