Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: OVC Championship game 2/16/2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Fallsburg Dragons from Lawrence Co will play the West Carter Comets tom night for the OVC Championship.

Fallsburg is coach by former Lawrence Co standout Shawn Thompson.
I thought Johnson Co. and Rose Hill was the top teams?
MR. Slate Wrote:I thought Johnson Co. and Rose Hill was the top teams?

That was the Large School. West Carter won tonight as the small school.
Batpuff Wrote:That was the Large School. West Carter won tonight as the small school.

I think it is crazy to have a Small/Large school bracket in Middle School Basketball.

Plus, you dont get much smaller population than Rose Hill, but they are in the Large School bracket.

Only takes 5 players to start a basketball game.
Butkus Wrote:I think it is crazy to have a Small/Large school bracket in Middle School Basketball.

Plus, you dont get much smaller population than Rose Hill, but they are in the Large School bracket.

Only takes 5 players to start a basketball game.

I guess thats why they have the All "A" to give the smaller schools something. No different.

Well West Carter will play the winner of the Rose Hill and JC game. Why is JC in the OVC to start with. Why dont they play in the conference up that way.
Batpuff Wrote:I guess thats why they have the All "A" to give the smaller schools something. No different.

Well West Carter will play the winner of the Rose Hill and JC game. Why is JC in the OVC to start with. Why dont they play in the conference up that way.

I could give you the possible answer to that and that is no one wants to play them because of holding kids back in lower grades, but Rose Hill and Ironton, which is in the OVC are just as guilty for this.

Kinda crazy that all the OVC teams have to drive to JC to play games though.
Dang, nice post. Pros and cons to all touchy situations like these.
Makes me wonder, tho......it's gotta be Mrs. Eagle Pride doing all that typing. Big Grin
This thread is titled OVC Championship game, not "Let's argue holdbacks"

Please remain ON topic.