Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: June Buchanan School Closing Next Year? (RUMOR)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard from a fairly good source that JBS will be closing down after this year. I would not believe this but, This is the 3rd person that has personally mentiond it to me. Does anybody know if there is any truth to this? Or is it just another JBS rumor?.....
It's possible with ALC in trouble.
What kind of trouble is ALC in, and to what extent? I've heard that the headmaster, Dr. James is retiring at the end of the year so if they stay open they have to get a replacement in.
I can see it happening but I dont see it happening.
I hope not,,, I graduated from ALC, but not to JBS. I wish Dr. James well, if she does decide to retire.
RavenBoy Wrote:I can see it happening but I dont see it happening.

Is your real name Yogi Bera?
He didn't really say everything he said.
I'm lost...:confused:
Smile
clipperw Wrote:What kind of trouble is ALC in, and to what extent? I've heard that the headmaster, Dr. James is retiring at the end of the year so if they stay open they have to get a replacement in.

The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) is an educational accreditation agency. This is the agency that ALC gets it's accreditation from. Word has it ALC is losing it's accreditation (teaching program). This is a big part of ALC. Accreditation is a type of quality assurance process under which a facility's or institution's services and operations are examined by a third-party accrediting agency to determine if applicable standards are met. If these standards are met then you recieve high standards and if not then you have problems.
The Guru Wrote:Is your real name Yogi Bera?
I swear your the funniest person that I dont know.
Smile
Benchwarmer Wrote:The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) is an educational accreditation agency. This is the agency that ALC gets it's accreditation from. Word has it ALC is losing it's accreditation (teaching program). This is a big part of ALC. Accreditation is a type of quality assurance process under which a facility's or institution's services and operations are examined by a third-party accrediting agency to determine if applicable standards are met. If these standards are met then you recieve high standards and if not then you have problems.

Any idea when the final decision is to be made in regards to their accreditation.? I have heard this rumor before, but thought that they were meeting the requirements to retain.
Benchwarmer Wrote:The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) is an educational accreditation agency. This is the agency that ALC gets it's accreditation from. Word has it ALC is losing it's accreditation (teaching program). This is a big part of ALC. Accreditation is a type of quality assurance process under which a facility's or institution's services and operations are examined by a third-party accrediting agency to determine if applicable standards are met. If these standards are met then you recieve high standards and if not then you have problems.

They will receive the SACS accreditation.Rolleyes
From what Ive heard, they have until the spring to recieve this accredidation.
It all makes me laugh... I love it.
They were told they don't have enough professors with doctorites in their education department and they gave them two years to hire some.
I can only hope they close it down!!!!!!!
Super-Card Wrote:I can only hope they close it down!!!!!!!

They may want to after that awful performance their Boys team gave in the District tourney tonight. j/k

I really haven't heard much to support this rumor, but it will be interesting to see how things play out.
Heard that only the high school grades would be open this coming school year ( 9-12 )
I have heard that ALC is about to lose their Education program. A lot of local teachers have come from ALC and I think it would be a shame for the college to lose the program but that's what I've heard.
I've heard so much stuff, nothing would surprise me.
RavenBoy Wrote:I've heard so much stuff, nothing would surprise me.

Yeah me too. It should be interesting to see just exactly what is truth and what is just rumor.
Something's going on. They've got basketball players transferring left and right. Some going to Knott Central, some to Cordia, and others to Letcher Central.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Something's going on. They've got basketball players transferring left and right. Some going to Knott Central, some to Cordia, and others to Letcher Central.

They haven't had any transfer to LCC, I know that for a fact.
Yea and I heard that Clint will probably transfer as well, so Id say they will get rid of K-8 and keep the High school though.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:They haven't had any transfer to LCC, I know that for a fact.
My mistake. I thought Collins was transferring to LCC. That's what I was told. Must have been false information.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:My mistake. I thought Collins was transferring to LCC. That's what I was told. Must have been false information.

:thumpsup: That's been a rumor for a while, especially as of late.
Who knows what all is going on with JBS
Knott Central had about 5 more kids at school today from JBS.