Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dale Jr. wins first of two Daytona qualifiers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. won his second race at Daytona this season, taking the first of two Daytona 500 qualifying races Thursday.
In what position will he start the race in now?
I would like ot see him win the 500 but i think he will finish second. I dont know why i think that...
blackcat_student Wrote:In what position will he start the race in now?
3. Inside 2nd row. Right behind teammate J. Johnson. This season, I think we will finally see what he can do off the restrictor tracks, now that he is with that team. We all know already he is far superior to anyone at the draft tracks, and possibly will be the greatest in history besides his father. But I look forward to seeing how he does on the rest of the tracks now.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:3. Inside 2nd row. Right behind teammate J. Johnson. This season, I think we will finally see what he can do off the restrictor tracks, now that he is with that team. We all know already he is far superior to anyone at the draft tracks, and possibly will be the greatest in history besides his father. But I look forward to seeing how he does on the rest of the tracks now.

Thats awesome.
blackcat_student Wrote:In what position will he start the race in now?

I think he will start 3rd. I think the first race does the inside row and the second race does the outside.
With a push from Jeff Gordon, Denny Hamlin took the second race by passing his teammate Tony Stewart with 2 to go. Stewart eventually caught back up to push Hamlin to the finish. Dale Jarrett also made the 500, this will be his last.
Go Dale
Dale Jr. is starting the season off right.
Congrats dale.
Big test for Jr this weekend at California, a track he hasn't done so well at in the past, but was impressive in pre-season practice there in January.
blackwidow Wrote:Big test for Jr this weekend at California, a track he hasn't done so well at in the past, but was impressive in pre-season practice there in January.
Jr has had some good runs there recently. He has top 5s in 2 out of 3 races there the other race he had engine problems. I dont know if he'll win but I do see him running good. Its not gonna take him long to get his first points win. IMO I see him getting it at Atlanta or Bristol.