Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Vanderbilt 93 - Kentucky 52
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow...A 41 point beatdown. ..TERRIBLE!
Nice game Cats
Vanderbilt just simply wanted this game more and Kentucky wasn't prepared for this type of showing from the Commodores. A Vandy cheerleader could have shot from half-court tonight and made it while sitting down.

Pathetic showing... Time to regroup!
Wow, this has to be the worst single performance I have ever seen from any uk team.

I just cant muster up anything to say.

lets move on to LSU.
Vandy just couldnt miss tonight...they shot 55% from the field and hit 7 three pointers. The Cats just couldnt handle them.

Anyone else find it strange that Jodie Meeks went in at the end of the game and didnt play at the beggining when it mattered.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Nice game Cats
yup.....
The Cats played terrible tonight and Vandy played some really good ball shooting 55% from the field. Time for the Cats to regroup and look toward LSU.
This is the team that lost to Gardner-Webb and San Diego.
The cats had an off night. A really really really off night..They just need to regroup and put this one behind them.
IBleedRed Wrote:The cats had an off night. A really really really off night..They just need to regroup and put this one behind them.

Off night or not, a loss like this is completely unacceptable. Too much talent to lose to anyone by 41.
IBleedRed Wrote:The cats had an off night. A really really really off night..They just need to regroup and put this one behind them.

i dont think you can call it an off night...this is a disgrace in every aspect of the word...they made a mockery out of college basketball tonight, and there is no excuse for billy g not to have his team more ready than this...kentucky is the most prestigious basketball school in the country and what has happened to them is ridiculous...the only other worse competitive performance ive seen is in 1994 against LSU in the first half...but heres the difference, Pitino had them so motivated coming out of halftime, we won the game...and we were down but just as much as we were tonight...Billy G. is not a motivator, and thats obviously what this team needs...im fed up with the wildcats...they have to look down during a game and see their playing for kentucky and that should be motivation enough and should give a reason to be competitive...i hope they dont make it and if they do....i hope they end up memphis first round....

dont get me wrong if they start playing better ill be right back on the band wagon...hahaha
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Off night or not, a loss like this is completely unacceptable. Too much talent to lose to anyone by 41.
You make a very good point. This definitely hurts Kentucky's SLIM chances of making it to the NCAA.
Vandy was hitting everywhere and uk wasn't even getting a good look
Like the post before I just think there is still to much talent to lose like this. I also think Billy G should have pulled Patterson earlier than he did. If he got hurt bad we might not win another game. Carter could have used the experience anyway.
People, It happens. Jeeez. We are an average team right now and we have been beating some average teams. They will be fine. Just give it some time. KY people expect wonders from average Joes.
Russell Is Football Wrote:Like the post before I just think there is still to much talent to lose like this. I also think Billy G should have pulled Patterson earlier than he did. If he got hurt bad we might not win another game. Carter could have used the experience anyway.

What if pitino pulled his players in 94 in the LSU GAME we would have never made a 32 point comback
Horse Head Wrote:What if pitino pulled his players in 94 in the LSU GAME we would have never made a 32 point comback

Speaking of that game...

[youtube="UK Comeback Against LSU"]GtL2uGvUXAw[/youtube]
This is just sickening. 11 points in the first half is pathetic.
It reminded me of the game between UK/Florida from the early 2000's when UK just smacked them in the mouth and Florida was just in awe. Don't really have anything to say about this game. I know one thing, that bubble just popped and UK had bette rhope for an NIT bid now because THERE IS NO WAY unless they win the SEC tourney!
This was truely a very painful game to just watch!!! I cant beleive the Cats played the way they did!!!
dang!
omg i loved watching that clip from the 94' game....im the biggest travis ford fan ever and i was jumping up and down the same way he was at the end of the game....Pitino should get a medal of honor for that game, jk
Yeah, but UK was just down 16 at the half in that game..and they managed to put up 32 in the first 20 minutes, lol..this was the worst half of basketball Ive ever seen from any college team in my life. This made the LSU '94 half look like a masterpiece..
OMG Wrote:i dont think you can call it an off night...this is a disgrace in every aspect of the word...they made a mockery out of college basketball tonight, and there is no excuse for billy g not to have his team more ready than this...kentucky is the most prestigious basketball school in the country and what has happened to them is ridiculous...the only other worse competitive performance ive seen is in 1994 against LSU in the first half...but heres the difference, Pitino had them so motivated coming out of halftime, we won the game...and we were down but just as much as we were tonight...Billy G. is not a motivator, and thats obviously what this team needs...im fed up with the wildcats...they have to look down during a game and see their playing for kentucky and that should be motivation enough and should give a reason to be competitive...i hope they dont make it and if they do....i hope they end up memphis first round....

dont get me wrong if they start playing better ill be right back on the band wagon...hahaha
I believe thats the most embarassed I have ever been as a Kentucky fan, I cant believe some of the calls and I could not believe Billy G didnt take more timeouts in the 1st half
we wre terrible
Every so often in any basketball program, even the great ones, the stars align and a massacre occurs. Years ago, LSU beat UK by near 40 (If I remember right) IN RUPP ARENA. It doesn't happen often, maybe once in a decade or so, but it happens. Vanderbilt was sky high, bent on revenge, on proving they WERE an elite team. Memorial Gym is an incredibly difficult place to play. UK was due an off night. All this, and more, aligned, and we got massacred. We are not a great basketball team by any stretch... but we are not as bad as we were made to look last night.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yeah, but UK was just down 16 at the half in that game..and they managed to put up 32 in the first 20 minutes, lol..this was the worst half of basketball Ive ever seen from any college team in my life. This made the LSU '94 half look like a masterpiece..

yeh you are 100% right by far the worst performance ive ever seen...
This was the kind of loss that makes the baby Jesus cry.
We will bounce back.
OMG Wrote:i dont think you can call it an off night...this is a disgrace in every aspect of the word...they made a mockery out of college basketball tonight, and there is no excuse for billy g not to have his team more ready than this...kentucky is the most prestigious basketball school in the country and what has happened to them is ridiculous...the only other worse competitive performance ive seen is in 1994 against LSU in the first half...but heres the difference, Pitino had them so motivated coming out of halftime, we won the game...and we were down but just as much as we were tonight...Billy G. is not a motivator, and thats obviously what this team needs...im fed up with the wildcats...they have to look down during a game and see their playing for kentucky and that should be motivation enough and should give a reason to be competitive...i hope they dont make it and if they do....i hope they end up memphis first round....

Yeah, and that same motivating Pitino lost to Kansas by about 70 his first year.
Pages: 1 2