Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SV Baseball?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It sure has been awfully quiet on here regarding Shelby Valley this year. I know last year was a tough year, but there's a ton of returning (potential) talent and an all new coaching staff. Here's a link to the schedule for this year:

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tion_name=

What do you think?
They had some good players last year but just couldnt find a way to win this year they should improve.
Who are the coaches? Is David Osborne not returning? Why, if he isn't? What's going on right now? Fill us in!
I see a few games on the schedule they should win.
New coach is Josh Slone (assistant last year) and assistants are Terry Justice (SV's cross country coach), Kevin Bowling (former SV and Alice Lloyd pitcher), and Anthony Hampton (football coach). I know that they have been conditioning since the middle of January (at least).
mic_man Wrote:New coach is Josh Slone (assistant last year) and assistants are Terry Justice (SV's cross country coach), Kevin Bowling (former SV and Alice Lloyd pitcher), and Anthony Hampton (football coach). I know that they have been conditioning since the middle of January (at least).

What are the qualifications for each of these coaches, besides Kevin Bowling being a former pitcher at Alice Lloyd?
Valley lost a star picther in Patrick Smith, they can only improve from last season
True - the loss of Patrick Smith is a big one, both on the mound and at first base, let alone his leadership on the team. But there are plenty of this year's seniors who can step it up in his place. As for the coaches' qualifications, what you see is what we know - all three of the others do at least have coaching experience (Slone last year, and Hampton and Justice in other sports).
Oh, and Bowling coached at SV in '97, I believe.