Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrassrivals.com Boys Basketball Top 5 (February 11)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Throughout the season BGR will be doing a top 5 from areas around the state as decided upon the staff. The results will be posted each Monday evening.

The 3 areas are West/Southern Kentucky (Regions 1-5), Central/Metro Kentucky (Regions 6-12) and Eastern Kentucky (13-16)

Staff casts votes for the top 5 in each area. A first place vote gets 5 points, a second place gets 4, third place gets 3, fourth place gets 2 points, and a fifth place vote gets 1 point. The rankings then go by highest points per area voted upon.

Results and rankings as of 02-11-08....

Western/Southern Kentucky
1)University Heights
2)Adair County
3)Muhlenberg North
4)Paducah Tighlman
5)Marshall County

Central Kentucky
1)Mason County
2)Lexington Catholic
3)Scott County
4)Bryan Station
5)Cov. Holmes

Eastern Kentucky
1)Paintsville
2)Elliott County
3)Hazard
4)Shelby Valley
5)Corbin

*Feel free to discuss rankings...*
Who do you guys think is the best team in the State?

I say University Heights, but thats just an opinion, not based on seeing them play.
Bryan Station is pretty good but they did take a beat down by Scott Co.. I still like BS chances at the state title.
warriors_45 Wrote:Who do you guys think is the best team in the State?

I say University Heights, but thats just an opinion, not based on seeing them play.

No... All five of those central Kentucky teams listed could beat UHA by double-digits.

If I had to pick the best team in the state it would have to be Scott County. They played one of the toughest schedules in the country and its paying off now. But Bryan Station & Lexington Catholic are two very good teams also.
blackcat_student Wrote:No... All five of those central Kentucky teams listed could beat UHA by double-digits.

If I had to pick the best team in the state it would have to be Scott County. They played one of the toughest schedules in the country and its paying off now. But Bryan Station & Lexington Catholic are two very good teams also.

Agreed! I would rather see anybody in the state win it as the Cardinals, but I think you're right.
How can you leave Mason Co out?
basketballwizz Wrote:How can you leave Mason Co out?

Mason County is good but I don't think that they can play with Scott County, just because Scott County has more size than the Royals. #33 & #45 are the only two other players that can contribute too that team besides Darius Miller. But the Royals play better team ball than all the others mentioned.

But when its all said and done, Scott County will win there second straight Sweet 16 Championship.