Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nascar 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the 500 to be run this Sunday. Who is everyones picks to win it? Plus who will be some surprises this year? Who do you think will make the chase? Who will take home the Sprint Cup? Ill post my predictions later.
Matt Kenseth, Michael Waltrip, Mark Martin or Dale Jr.
I would easily take Mark Martin to make the Chase if he was running the full schedule, wished he would, loved to watch him race.

Daytona 500 Winner - Jimmie Johnson/Dale Jr. (Love my Hendrick Guys)
Surprise - Dave Blaney
Chase - Casey Mears
Sprint Cup - Jeff Gordon (Drive for 5)
Mark Martin, Dale Jr. and Jimmie Johnson
I say Johnson will win the 500, with Stewart 2nd, and Dale Jr a close 3rd......Hate to say it but yes I picked Stewart in front of Jr....
Stewart-Wins.
Johnson-2nd
Earnhardt Jr-3rd.
Nemecheck-4th
Gordon-5th
Mears-6th
Heres my predictions
Daytona 500- Stewart
Surprise-Casey Mears
Chase Drivers-
Dale JR
Gordon
Johnson
Edwards
Hamlin
Kurt Busch
Hamlin
Mears
Kahne
Kenseth
Harvick
Jeff Burton
Another prediction. At one time during the year all 3 Gibbs cars will be in involved in a wreck started by a Gibbs car(Take your pick which one). After that a fight that would make Cale Yarborough and the Allison brothers blush will break out. Itll be so bad that Joe Gibbs will wind up cussing on the air talking about it and will be fined.LOL!
LOL, so you mean Kyle and Tony will have it out. Denny is the only one on that team that can keep his cool.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Heres my predictions
Daytona 500- Stewart
Surprise-Casey Mears
Chase Drivers-
Dale JR
Gordon
Johnson
Edwards
Hamlin
Kurt Busch
Hamlin
Mears
Kahne
Kenseth
Harvick
Jeff Burton
Another prediction. At one time during the year all 3 Gibbs cars will be in involved in a wreck started by a Gibbs car(Take your pick which one). After that a fight that would make Cale Yarborough and the Allison brothers blush will break out. Itll be so bad that Joe Gibbs will wind up cussing on the air talking about it and will be fined.LOL!
So you don't think Smoke will make the chase?

I think Smoke will win the 500 and be a legitimate contender for the Cup this year. However, I still see a Hendrick car winning the Cup. Hard to bet against them at this point.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Heres my predictions
Daytona 500- Stewart
Surprise-Casey Mears
Chase Drivers-
Dale JR
Gordon
Johnson
Edwards
Hamlin
Kurt Busch
Hamlin
Mears
Kahne
Kenseth
Harvick
Jeff Burton

You have Hamlin in there twice
BCF4L Wrote:So you don't think Smoke will make the chase?

I think Smoke will win the 500 and be a legitimate contender for the Cup this year. However, I still see a Hendrick car winning the Cup. Hard to bet against them at this point.
Ok it was late last night when I typed this and I accidently put Denny Hamlin in there twice replace one of those with smoke. Althoug Im not a Stewart fan I hope he gets a 500 win this year (Hopefully not at JRs expense of course.) I grew up watching my favorite driver get bit by so much bad luck before he finally won one. Tony could have won at leat 3 or 4 500s at this point but something has always happened. Hes being called this generations Earnhardt but Im sure as far as Daytona frustration goes thats one way he doesnt wanna be compared to Dale Sr. Stewart will win a 500 or 2 before his driving days are over because, just like Earnhardt before him, hes simply too good to NOT win one.
Is this the start of our annual Nascar Fantasy stuff or what.