Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry vs. Dorton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think this is the 2 most even teams with the 2 best coaches in the county.

Who wins?
:Cheerlead Good Luck Pirates.....:Cheerlead
Should be a good game. The teams are very evenly matched, with each winning on the other's homecourt during the regular season.
Game is postponed until Wednesday due to the weather advisory.
Confusedmallchee Good Luck Pirates Confusedmallchee
BMSPirateMom #11 Wrote:Confusedmallchee Good Luck Pirates Confusedmallchee

Good Lord Mom11...... I didn't know you could still move like that!!! LMAO!!
phs1986 Wrote:Good Lord Mom11...... I didn't know you could still move like that!!! LMAO!!

Smile
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Smile

Me either, but it looks like I still can!! HaHa
Blackflag Wrote:I think this is the 2 most even teams with the 2 best coaches in the county.

Who wins?

From what I have seen all four teams have good coaches. I would take the Mullins coach over Belfry's though.
hawkhead Wrote:From what I have seen all four teams have good coaches. I would take the Mullins coach over Belfry's though.

Of course you would! I'm sure Belfry area people would take Belfry's coach over Mullins....... LOLOL......

Mr. Fields is a VERY nice guy, great person, and an excellent teacher. Mullins acquired an asset when Mr. Fields became part of your staff!
Are they still having the game tonight?
Yes, the games are still on for tonight. 6:00 and 7:30
Anybody with the results from last night's games?
Pikeville over Mullins 53-33
Dorton over Belfry 43-39
belfry couldnt get a shot to fall in the first half most points came from folshots and congrats to dorton they played hard and got the win
pirate5 Wrote:belfry couldnt get a shot to fall in the first half most points came from folshots and congrats to dorton they played hard and got the win

Excellent post Pirate5.....
Couldn't get this site to work last night, but here are some stats:

For Dorton:

Logan Lucas had 24 points, 4 rebounds, and 5 assists.
Cody Belter had 6 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 blocks.
David Belcher had 5 points and 4 rebounds.
Cody Bentley had 3 points.
Zack Collins had 3 points.
Johnny Mullins had 2 points.
Chanon Anderson had 5 rebounds.

Dorton shot 16-32 (50%) from the field.
They shot 3-8 (38%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 8-20 (40%) from the free throw line.
They had 15 rebounds, 8 assists, 8 steals, and 11 turnovers.

For Belfry:

Gary Runyon had 17 points.
Jared Masters had 12 points.
Tony Messer had 8 points.
Dotson had 2 points.

Belfry shot 10-41 (24%) from the field.
They shot 0-8 (0%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 19-26 (73%) from the free throw line.
They had 30 rebounds, 3 assists, 7 steals, and 10 turnovers.

*Very hard fought game by both teams. A shame that one had to lose.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Couldn't get this site to work last night, but here are some stats:

For Dorton:

For Belfry:

Dotson had 2 points.

I agree with you 100% about a good game between the two... Belfry couldn't get anything to fall in the first half of the game....

I do however think that it was VERY rude of the cheerleaders to do their little song/chant that they did with about 15 seconds left in the game. The boys and coaches have ALWAYS shown good sportmanship but by the girls was tasteless!!

Congrats on your win.... you do an excellent job with your team!
phs1986 Wrote:I agree with you 100% about a good game between the two... Belfry couldn't get anything to fall in the first half of the game....

I do however think that it was VERY rude of the cheerleaders to do their little song/chant that they did with about 15 seconds left in the game. The boys and coaches have ALWAYS shown good sportmanship but by the girls was tasteless!!

Congrats on your win.... you do an excellent job with your team!

Honestly, cheerleaders from almost all schools come across as rude sometimes. I don't think anything personal was meant by it because those girls themselves told me how much they liked Belfry and rooted for them (just not against us). As a coach, it is sometimes a hard job dealing with these young kids because they do make mistakes, especially in the heat of the game. We really focus a lot on the behavior of our team, both toward the referees and the other players. Sometimes it is hard to help kids see the big picture of what sports is all about. I think the Belfry/Dorton relationship is a good one, dating back to the days of Keith May (great guy!) at Turkey Creek and now Coach Varney.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Honestly, cheerleaders from almost all schools come across as rude sometimes. I don't think anything personal was meant by it because those girls themselves told me how much they liked Belfry and rooted for them (just not against us). As a coach, it is sometimes a hard job dealing with these young kids because they do make mistakes, especially in the heat of the game. We really focus a lot on the behavior of our team, both toward the referees and the other players. Sometimes it is hard to help kids see the big picture of what sports is all about. I think the Belfry/Dorton relationship is a good one, dating back to the days of Keith May (great guy!) at Turkey Creek and now Coach Varney.

As a former cheer coach I agree that it is VERY hard to work on behavior issues. They probably didn't mean anything by it but I can tell you that if that had been a squad that I had coached.... they would have had ONE practice they didn't forget!!! LOLOL..... They should KNOW not to do something like that..... basically...... it's common sense!! Wink As for the relationship of Belfry/Dorton.... Keith has spoke very highly of you as I mentioned you to him and that I thought you were a nice person and a good coach. You do an excellent job with your team and I foresee Dorton being a force to recon with for the next few years!!
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Couldn't get this site to work last night, but here are some stats:

For Dorton:

For Belfry:

Dotson had 2 points.

Congrats to dorton
any team who beat belfry is a good team in my
book and congrats to belfry very hard season for
the boys after everyone losing hopes because they only
had 5 8th graders. My hats off to them