Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Richard Zednik in stable condition after being cut by skate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/vide...Id=2378529

The link to the video is above. The video doesn't show any blood, just a replay of what happened.

A Panthers teammate was upended and in doing so, his skate went up into the air and sliced the side of Richard Zednik's neck.

They immediately took Zednik to the hospital where he underwent surgery and is said to be in stable condition. They thought about cancelling the game, but after the announcer stated to the crowd that he was in stable condition, they decided to go ahead and play out the rest of the game.
Just saw the replay on FSN-South and they showed the couple seconds after the incident. You immediately see tons of blood spill onto the ice. The only incident I can think of that's similar is when Malarchuk got cut in '89 I think.
Just an unreal scene to watch.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Just an unreal scene to watch.

Really is an unreal scene to watch but if you've not seen the Malarchuk incident in '89, that looks like a horror movie. You really wonder if the guy lives through it, but as you may know he did. Just wish the best and a fast recovery for this guy.
Amazing that he was able to skate to his bench and a great job by the team doctors to quickly jump on the ice and help save his life.
Nasty cut...
Beef Wrote:Amazing that he was able to skate to his bench and a great job by the team doctors to quickly jump on the ice and help save his life.

Some of the players are quoted as saying that he was very pale and white and practically fell into the trainers arms afterwards.

Honestly, there was probably the same amount, or maybe a little less blood than the Malarchuk incident.

However, in Malarchuk's case, they kept the camera on him. So far the only outlet I've seen that's shown Zednik's blood was on FSN, and they told everyone to look away if they didn't want to see it.

It was nasty, it was like a bucket of blood spilled at once.
This is unreal couldn't beleive it happened
Here is some up close, slow-mo footage:

[YOUTUBE="Zednik"]g-OsHA1cBjE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]