Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BREAKING NEWS: Two Shootings in Portsmouth; One at a School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Police in Portsmouth, Ohio, tell WSAZ a female teacher has been shot on the steps of an elementary school.
It happened at Notre Dame Elementary in Portsmouth, Ohio.
We're being told that police believe the teacher and the shooter had a domestic relationship.
Police confirm there are two shootings inside the city and police believe they may be related.
Randy Yohe says parents are told now NOT TO GO to the SOMC Life Center Room A for information about their children.
Witnesses tell us that streets around the school are being closed.
A student reporter from Shawnee State tells us that there are police representatives from New Boston Police, Scioto County Sheriff's Department, State Highway Patrol and the Portsmouth Police are on the scene on Argonn Road. There is a two block area sealed off, according to the Shawnee State reporter.
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/15395431.html
Why are they telling parents to not go to that room? i would want to know about my kids...
No children have been hurt according to reports.
This is sad.....and more than a little crazy!
Well, the teacher, Christy Lane, is in critical but stable condition @ Cabell-Huntington.
The man, mike Lane, her estranged husband who had been served with divorce papers on Jan 25th & had been served with an EPO, died of a self inflicted gunshot wound after he led police on a chase where her barricaded himself in his house.

His neighbors had said he was distraught over the divorce and was taking medication.

There is a Stephanie Lane, who was stabbed prior to the incident @ the school in another part of Portsmouth.

The interview of a student in that room was heart-wrenching.

All this Makes me question EPO's and mind altering medications being subscribed to people dealing with hard domestic issues.(betcha Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe are all over this one!)

I'm gonna pray for all involved & hope everyone else does too! Those kids have to be traumatized!
Such a crazy story!
That is just awful!! I hope she'll be okay. Does anyone know the rest of the story? (why a girl was stabbed and who she was? and about that room?) My aunt keeps asking and won't leave me alone so she'd like to know