Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley @ Gate City, VA. Feb.9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shelby Valley will travel of of state to Gate City, VA., who is ranked third in Single A in Virginia. It's a rematch from Jan. 4, which Sv won 66-43. I have been to games at Gate City, and its one of the most hostile places if been to watch a basketball game. Cause the GC fans sit on both sides of the gym, and their student stays on you all night long. If SV keeps playing like the way they are right now, with the exception of the last two games, they might get beat, but I think this wil be a good one. Cause you have got two of the premeir teams in Southwest Virginia in Gate City, and In Eastern Kentucky with Shelby Valley. Predictions and thoughts anyone please. I'm going to say that both teams come to play, and it will be a whole lot closer than the first meeting, and by what you all are thinking cause you people are not fimilar with GC like i'm. I'm going to go with SV.

SV: 58
GC: 50
Im not really familar with GC, but if the fans are the way you say I dont know if Valley can handle it. Im going to say GC by 4.
SV wins this one handily, 74-50
I think the score will be much, much closer than the first matchup, and wouldn't really be all that surprised to see Gate City win...
Valley by a whole lot...Virginia HS basketball is no where near the level that Kentucky's is. I remember when ER played Haysi at ER when there were ranked like 4th or 5th in VA and East Ridge beat them by 20.
good luck valley!
Good luck Valley*
Valley by 12+
Sv by 12, closer than last time since GC is at home.
I'm gonna say that this game will be alot closer than the last time they met. I was at that game and GC is a very physical ball club. I see alot of fowls being called on Valley,{ paybacks} this game could get ugly. I'm still gonna say that valley will come out on top if the refs dont stop the game.
Valley by 15.
SV by 18.....
SV by 14
Valley should have got out of this game.
SV by 10! It will be hard to go to their gym and play in a hostile environment, and with SV not playing as well as before right now, I think the game could be closer than the first meeting. But SV is by far the better team!
SV: 58
GC: 64

hate to go against SV but i think they get beat in a close one
Valley by 12
GC 61 to SV 55

The refs were not a factor, they let them play for the most part. Gate City clearly looked much improved. The score was locked at 32 each at the half. In second half Gate City seemed to take control with a high pressure defense. These boys are for real.