Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 67 - Allen Central 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Blackcats come out of the rivalry game victorious and also come away with the lead in the 58th Distrcit standings. With a win Friday against the Betsy Layne Bobcats, the Blackcats win the regular season title. Lets hear some thoughts and opinions on the game.

Btw, final stats:

Allen Central:
Josh Prater- 15 pts
Logan Crowder- 14 pts
Hunter Crowder- 12 pts
Aaron Crum- 5 pts (one 3-pointer)
Clinton Turner- 2 pts

Prestonsburg:
Jordan Hall- 20 pts (six 3-pointers)
Jody Tackett- 15 pts
Micheal Burchett- 12 pts (all in 2nd half with three 3-pointers)
Nathaniel Stephens- 11 pts
Taylor Clark- 7 pts
Austin Gearheart- 2 pts
Congrats......didnt see this one coming....someone from pburg really shut down crum....distict is wide open...
LIPS Wrote:Congrats......didnt see this one coming....someone from pburg really shut down crum....distict is wide open...

Jody Tackett was given the ardulous task of guarding Crum and did a phenomenal job. Crum went 1-6 from downtown if I'm not mistaken. Someone may actually have to correct that one.
[INDENT]
The One and Only 13 Wrote:Jody Tackett was given the ardulous task of guarding Crum and did a phenomenal job. Crum went 1-6 from downtown if I'm not mistaken. Someone may actually have to correct that one.
When somone guards crum and doesnt leave him wide open he is worthless...he is very slow and does not create his own shot very well....

[/INDENT]
LIPS Wrote:[INDENT]When somone guards crum and doesnt leave him wide open he is worthless...he is very slow and does not create his own shot very well....

[/INDENT]

Finally someone speaks the truth. I completely agree. Granted, he is a great shooter, but he's one of those classic set shooters. They have to have an open look to score. When pressured, they perform horribly as did Crum tonight. Great post. :Thumbs:
[INDENT]
The One and Only 13 Wrote:Finally someone speaks the truth. I completely agree. Granted, he is a great shooter, but he's one of those classic set shooters. They have to have an open look to score. When pressured, they perform horribly as did Crum tonight. Great post. :Thumbs:
I agree with you when crum is wide open i would put him up against just about anyone in the state, but when you get someone on him that plays good D is over for him....hammonds creates most of crums shots.

[/INDENT]
Congrats P-Burg
congrats p burg
Congrats P-burg!!
Taylor Clark was the one on Crum the whole game and Tackett was on Logan Crowder. Tackett guarded Crum 1 or 2 minutes when Clark was on the bench.
Sorry to correct you the one and only but #11 Taylor Clark guarded him tonight. Prestonsburg was down by ten going into halftime but came back with a streak of 3 pointers by Jordan Hall, Micheal Burchett, and Taylor Clark.

Congrats to my CATS......
[INDENT]
Irish#1 Wrote:Taylor Clark was the one on Crum the whole game and Tackett was on Logan Crowder. Tackett guarded Crum 1 or 2 minutes when Clark was on the bench.
Well whoever guarded him did an amazing job thats for sure...congrats to whoever shut him down....

[/INDENT]
A little to late on my part..
sorry
LIPS Wrote:[INDENT]I agree with you when crum is wide open i would put him up against just about anyone in the state, but when you get someone on him that plays good D is over for him....hammonds creates most of crums shots.

[/INDENT]

Wow, again I'm quoting LIPS. I have to agree again with what you said about Hammonds. He's the floor general of this team and by far the best player on the Rebels squad. Without Hammonds, Crum would have to rely on Chris Stumbo or himself to create his shots. Stumbo is young and under developed and Crum is not a great ball handler and playmaker so he'd be lucky to average 10 points a game without Alex. Once again, great post. :Thumbs:
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:Sorry to correct you the one and only but #11 Taylor Clark guarded him tonight. Prestonsburg was down by ten going into halftime but came back with a streak of 3 pointers by Jordan Hall, Micheal Burchett, and Taylor Clark.

Congrats to my CATS......

You're right. Thanks. I got #11 and #12 mixed up. My apologies and thank you for the correction. I haven't had the chance to watch the gamefilm yet. Clark also guarded Crum at Allen Central and was criticized for the effort and the job he did on him. Since then, Taylor has matured dramtically and now understands what it takes to play on the varsity level. The Blackcats are gaining experience and momentum and are going to be tough out in the postseason. Believe me.
Congrats Blackcats! Prestonsburg has been struggling of late, but they got it together tonight. Big win!!! I thought AC would take this one by double digits, but I was way off. Two big upsets tonight in the 58th. P-burg over AC & SF over BL. This puts PHS in the drivers seat for the conference. They can seal the deal with a win over BL on Friday night.
The One and Only 13 Wrote:Jody Tackett was given the ardulous task of guarding Crum and did a phenomenal job. Crum went 1-6 from downtown if I'm not mistaken. Someone may actually have to correct that one.

Like Irish and pburgcatfan pointed out, Taylor Clark guarded Aaron Crum.

Prestonsburg played real good team ball tonight, everyone played to there ability and they found the open man and the open man hit there shot. Prestonsburg was red hot in the 4th quarter. I thought that Jordan Hall proved all of his critics wrong tonight coming up with some nice assists and hitting his 3's.

Congrats Blackcats!

If Prestonsburg continues to play like this then the Blackcats can really cause some damage with June Buchanan and Paintsville left on there schedule.
The One and Only 13 Wrote:Wow, again I'm quoting LIPS. I have to agree again with what you said about Hammonds. He's the floor general of this team and by far the best player on the Rebels squad. Without Hammonds, Crum would have to rely on Chris Stumbo or himself to create his shots. Stumbo is young and under developed and Crum is not a great ball handler and playmaker so he'd be lucky to average 10 points a game without Alex. Once again, great post. :Thumbs:

Lets take it easy here, I was at the game and yes P'burg did a good job stopping Crum, BUT What your saying about him is un founded. He is a good player and most of the players on the Rebs team know's there role on the team. You do not know what they are told to do or how to play. lets stop the bashing now.:dontthink
WOW.... Congrats to P-Burg.... big win...
blackcat_student Wrote:Like Irish and pburgcatfan pointed out, Taylor Clark guarded Aaron Crum.

Prestonsburg played real good team ball tonight, everyone played to there ability and they found the open man and the open man hit there shot. Prestonsburg was red hot in the 4th quarter. I thought that Jordan Hall proved all of his critics wrong tonight coming up with some nice assists and hitting his 3's.

Congrats Blackcats!

If Prestonsburg continues to play like this then the Blackcats can really cause some damage with June Buchanan and Paintsville left on there schedule.

I corrected myself earlier. It was my mistake. As I said, I have yet to watch gamefilm but I'm getting ready to momentarily.
blackcat_student Wrote:Like Irish and pburgcatfan pointed out, Taylor Clark guarded Aaron Crum.

Congrats Blackcats!

Don't forget about Betsy Layne Friday night... I don't think P'burg will overlook them all... they shouldnt. THIS game was exciting to watch and both teams stayed composed and I have to congrat. both teams for the sportsmanship shown
Blackcats played great tonight, come out second half of fire. Congrats P-burg!
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Don't forget about Betsy Layne Friday night... I don't think P'burg will overlook them all... they shouldnt. THIS game was exciting to watch and both teams stayed composed and I have to congrat. both teams for the sportsmanship shown

Yeah, I'm still so excited about tonights victory.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Lets take it easy here, I was at the game and yes P'burg did a good job stopping Crum, BUT What your saying about him is un founded. He is a good player and most of the players on the Rebs team know's there role on the team. You do not know what they are told to do or how to play. lets stop the bashing now.:dontthink

I'm not bashing him.
This was a great game by the Blackcats and Rebels both. I have to give credit where credit is due and the rebels definitely deserve some..they played a great game and fought it out til the end. The Blackcats had a bad first half but came pout in the second half ON FIRE. Jordan Hall, Taylor Clark, and Michael Burchet could not miss and thats what propelled the blackcats to the victory. I also have to say that the Blackcat student section, aka. The 6th Man, was amazing tonight. they were loud and into the game and i believe really helped the team with their spirit
congrats pburg
im going to agree that Taylor Clark done a great job guarding Crum and so did Jody when he was on him. This was a big win for the cats and i hope to see another Friday against Betsy Layne.
IBleedRed Wrote:This was a great game by the Blackcats and Rebels both. I have to give credit where credit is due and the rebels definitely deserve some..they played a great game and fought it out til the end. The Blackcats had a bad first half but came pout in the second half ON FIRE. Jordan Hall, Taylor Clark, and Michael Burchet could not miss and thats what propelled the blackcats to the victory. I also have to say that the Blackcat student section, aka. The 6th Man, was amazing tonight. they were loud and into the game and i believe really helped the team with their spirit

It would be great to see The 6th Man out in full force like we're used to. This has been a disappointing student section for the Blackcats to say the least. Teams used to dread going to Prestonsburg. Not because of the talent of the team but because of the viciousness and magnitude of the P-burg student section. If they want to take that 58th district title home with them from Allen Central, that student section is going to have to revert back to its roots and show up in full force at the district tournament.
I have to say I am surprised. Pburg has been playing so bad, but tonight it all came together. AC totally came apart in the second half. But I congrat the Blackcats on a huge district win. Great defensive job by Taylor Clark.
The One and Only 13 Wrote:It would be great to see The 6th Man out in full force like we're used to. This has been a disappointing student section for the Blackcats to say the least. Teams used to dread going to Prestonsburg. Not because of the talent of the team but because of the viciousness and magnitude of the P-burg student section. If they want to take that 58th district title home with them from Allen Central, that student section is going to have to revert back to its roots and show up in full force at the district tournament.
Very True. I totally agree with you. Th student section isnt what it used to be but they are stepping it up and doing what they can just like the boys they are cheering for.
Pages: 1 2 3