Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eli Manning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LAst night proved that eli manning is the best qb in the league.. Ive been sayin it all along and now i wanna brag a lil.. 4th quater in the super bowl 3 minutes left his team down 3 vs the best team in football he throws a td and proves that hes the man NY Giant superbowl champs Cool
Homer Simpson Wrote:LAst night proved that eli manning is the best qb in the league.. Ive been sayin it all along and now i wanna brag a lil.. 4th quater in the super bowl 3 minutes left his team down 3 vs the best team in football he throws a td and proves that hes the man NY Giant superbowl champs Cool
He has made great strides at becoming a great qb. IMO one great game does not make you the best qb in the league. I am a manning fan (especially peyton) but he still has a way to go. Look at some stats and you will see that. He does have a ring though, and he got his quicker than Peyton. Not yet will he be mentioned with the likes of Marino, Elway, Montana, Favre, Aikmen, and his brother Peyton, other than having the ring. By no way am I trying to take anything away from him. If he continues to grow as qb he could be.
He is not the best...but he certainly has proven that he is clutch
There's no way that he is the best but he did show everyone that he has potential to be great.
his brother is 10 times better than him. He just had the best run at the right time. If they win next year, I will say he is good.
eli will never be as good as peyton.
bac2369 Wrote:eli will never be as good as peyton.

If Eli keeps playing the way he did in the postseason, he will give Peyton a run for his money.
Come on man! He is top ten and thats it. He chucked a few straight up in the air and his receivers made awesome catches. He is 6th or 7th in my book.
I hate it when the QB gets all the praise when his team wins...

Manning's wide recievers made some outstanding catches and moves to get firsts downs in that 4th quarter. I aint taking anything away from him, but he certainly didnt do it alone.
He is a great Quarterback and he really silenced all of his critics that have downed him since he came into the league. I seen him play in College and he was flat out unreal but thats beside the point. I agree with amun-ra on this one, the wideout made some remarkable plays especially the Tyree catch pinned against his helmet. You also have to look at the Giants D, they got the Brady all night and pressured him and sacked him 5 times so it just wasn't the offense that did it. Very deserving win for the G'men.
He won the Super Bowl, and it takes a great player with a good team to do that, but he's nowhere near the best QB in the league. He played BAD, but his team carried him and he got a huge break with that corner falling down on the touchdown pass.