Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New York Giants 17 - New England Patriots 14 (Super Bowl XLII)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Go Giants!!!
Good job Giants, looks like the Dolphins got some of that "chance" today.
Biggest upset in sb history...IMO
What a game...What a game!!!!

Jared Lorenzen got himself a RING!!!!
Looks like we will never see that again in any of our lives,
19-0 Patriots, I don't think so!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO GIANTS
Eli Manning is my new favorite QB
OffTheHook Wrote:What a game...What a game!!!!

Jared Lorenzen got himself a RING!!!!

HAHA Man I was gonna say the same thing, aleast J-Lo got a ring!!!
Woooooooo Hoooooo!! Way To Go Giants!!!
Go Dolphins!! I mean Giants!! Now TWO Super Bowl champs can pop some champagne tonight!!!
Now! Maybe people wil get off MVP Eli's back!
I picked them from the start!!! Awesome job Giants!!!!! Amazing game to watch!! Great game Eli!!! Well deserving of the MVP!!!!!!!!
wow, suprised me in a good way. lol. Didnt think the giants had it in them, but im sure glad they won.
It was the Giants defense that stepped up. Eli played great but it was all the pressure that they put on Brady that won the game for them.

GO GIANTS!!!
Wow o' Wow what a game. 18-1....Better luck next year Patriots. GO GMEN!!!
Way to go Giants!!!!!!
That will be Eli's last Highlight of his career, He had a good run.
RavenBoy Wrote:That will be Eli's last Highlight of his career, He had a good run.

huh?
The best Super Bowl I have seen in a while. Strong defensive effort from the Giants tonight. It was great seeing Eli drive the field with 2:42 left to get the go ahead score for the win.
might be the best Super Bowl game I have ever seen!
Awesome defense, 3 lead changes in the 4th! 3rd and 5, Eli somehow gets away from a sure sack and gets the ball to Tyree who makes a miracle catch!
I really enjoyed this game and didn't really have a team in it! Just got to watch a great game!
Congrats Giants!
Only thing i can say is the guy who made that catch to set up the touch down to burris is my hero and derserves a bonus for that catch.I also have to say that is the best catch i think i have ever seen.
I love this, I watched the entire game and was in it from the beginning. Im not a huge Eli fan but he played really well tonight. But it was the Giants defense that won this game in my opinion. That was the best thing about the game, seeing Brady getting knocked on his rear. Like I said, Eli played well but the defense deserves the MVP.
Eli stepped out of his brother and fathers shadow tonight. He was CLUTCH most of the night on third down. Its kindve weird when you think about it. Eli was the steely veteran with ice water in his veins who converted third down after third down all night and marched his team down the field for the game winning drive. While Brady looked rattled, was beaten and battered and wildly inconsistent and off target with his throws. I figured id be writing this tonight about the these 2 QBs just with the with the names flip flopped. IMO the credit goes to the Giant D. They came up HUGE tonight and as good as Eli was the D was the reason the Giants done the impossible. I hope that the victory parade up in NYC goes right by Tiki Barbers house and he is forced to watch the QB and Coach that he said couldnt win celebrate their Super Bowl victory. Another thought on this game is why wasnt Jeremy Shockey on the sidelines with his team during the game? I know he was injured but why wasnt he down there supporting his teamates instead of up in a sky box getting drunk with his buddies. Anybody notice how the Giants started playing better AFTER he got hurt? Im glad to see Micheal Strahan and Jeff Feagles finally get a ring. These 2 guys are class acts and have been among the best at their respected positions for a long time now. Also its good to see an old school coach who isnt afraid to tear his players a new one when they screw up win a championship. Ok now the NFL season is over and I already cant wait till next year so Ill go ahead and get started....GO STEELERS!!!!!
And what was Tom Brady saying about Plaxico's prediction before hte Super Bowl, "At least he could have said 44-41 Giants"..Yeah bud, that is what you call PRESSURE DEFENSE! I have never seen a more agressive Defense in any gqame that I have seen as long as watching football as the Giants performed last night! Great game!
Come on now. Some of you are bandwagoning....LOL
I didn't have a favorite in it but would have like to seen a perfect season. I just got tired of hearing Mercury Morris' mouth. I think overall, the Pats were the better team but they didn't show up. I dunno, it just seems like the Giants just win ugly or something. Congratz G-men. I now dub thee "The New York Giant Killers"....It is pretty cool that J-LO gets a ring....Peace!!
Congrats to the G-men and Kentucky's own Jared Lorenzen...
I am still in shock. I just can't believe it. The Giants actually done it! They ended the perfect season!
Am I the only one that thinks that Justin Tuck should have gotten the MVP? And I LOVE how Steve Spagnuolo chucked the conservative defensive playbook and threw everything from everywhere at Brady. The Giants played as if they had nothing to lose on defense, and just put a defensive beat down on the Hatriots. It was beautiful to see the biggest ******* in football, Bill Beliprick get outcoached, outsmarted, and beaten at his own game (defense) by a man thats been underappreciated for too long, Tom Coughlin. The Giants deserved it. Enjoy your 18.........AND ONE season, Bill..
Great game Congrats to the Giants
I don't think a lot of people are bandwagoning, I just think there are a lot of people (like me) that hate the Patriots and wanted to see them lose. I would've rooted for whoever came out of the NFC to beat them.

That said, the fact that J-Lo played for NY certainly gave me another reason to cheer for the Giants...Big Grin
Pages: 1 2