Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Landon to Louisville?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
After hearing this rumor a while back, I've spoken to a couple of sources that can confirm that Ricky P. and the Louisville Cardinals are looking at Paintsville's Landon Slone...I'm sure there are some Paintsville fans that would like to chime in on this that may know more about it than I.

I say good luck to Landon. Love to see him land in Louisville.
I've heard this same rumor a few times myself. Not sure how much truth there is to it, but it's a possibility.
Well IMO, the slone kid is a great talent, I just dont think he could play at a major D-1 school but I think he could definately play at Marshall or Morehead but I heard all year that he was wanting to go to Arkansas, and If he does decide to play at a Major D-1 school i wish him the very best and make all of Eastern Kentucky proud of him
I just hope its not Lville though.
Louisville?

This is a quote in Mike Field's column just last week in the Lexington Herald-Leader on January 25th.

Paintsville's boy's coach Bill Mike Rynyon can't understand why schools such as Eastern Kentucky University and Western Kentucky University aren't recruiting his 6'3" senior guard Landon Slone, whose averaging 25 points and hitting 46 persent of his three pointers. "I'd like to know where all the recruiters are," Runyon said.
Yea I dont see Louisville getting him, maybe Morehead or Pikeville.
RavenBoy Wrote:Yea I dont see Louisville getting him, maybe Morehead or Pikeville.

Go watch Pikeville or Morehead play.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Go watch Pikeville or Morehead play.
Your right, I dont even know if he could make Pikevilles team.
RavenBoy Wrote:Your right, I dont even know if he could make Pikevilles team.

Yea I just dont think his defense play is there for D-1 or his ballhandling is there, but I would like him play at the NAIA level
RavenBoy Wrote:Your right, I dont even know if he could make Pikevilles team.

Are you serious ??? To be quite honest with you he's as good if not better than what I saw of Scotty Hopson. All you do is get on here and down Eastern KY players like they're below all of your Louisville area teams, get a life dude.
villefan Wrote:Are you serious ??? To be quite honest with you he's as good if not better than what I saw of Scotty Hopson. All you do is get on here and down Eastern KY players like they're below all of your Louisville area teams, get a life dude.
Ok Buh your right. I see Duke and Kentucky all over him. He is not good enough to play at Louisville, Noone from Eastern Ky could play for Louisville except for Stepp and I dont see that happening either.
There's people in EKY with more talent then Clark or Landon.
PC_You_Know Wrote:There's people in EKY with more talent then Clark or Landon.
Very True.
There is talent good enough for D-1 in eastern kentucky, what about Dakotah Euton from Rose Hill, he already committed to UK.
villefan Wrote:Are you serious ??? To be quite honest with you he's as good if not better than what I saw of Scotty Hopson. All you do is get on here and down Eastern KY players like they're below all of your Louisville area teams, get a life dude.

I was not impressed at all with Hopson. Grimm dominated him all night, and Grimm was more than a couple inches smaller than him. But Hopson was continually pushed under the goal all night. IMO Landon's defense is lacking, he could gain some body mass w/ muscle and also his ball handling could improve, But his shot is so fundamentally sound and his offensive ability to rise above the defense and get the basket is so impressive, that I see it as a possibility. But I don't know anything more than the rest of us on here. Just my opinion on the issue.
I for one would love to see Landon play at Louisville.And yes he has the potental to play there,but for some reason the big collages are snobbish when it comes to mountain boys.Good luck Landon with whatever the future holds!
rebel mom Wrote:I for one would love to see Landon play at Louisville.And yes he has the potental to play there,but for some reason the big collages are snobbish when it comes to mountain boys.Good luck Landon with whatever the future holds!
I would like to see him play also but I dont think hes good enough.
RavenBoy Wrote:I would like to see him play also but I dont think hes good enough.
How many games have you seen Landon play?
IMO Landon is a very talented player, but i dont think he is capable of playing for a major D-1 school, i think he would do good at a place like Eastern or Marshall.
I've seen enough to have that opinion.
Outstanding skills and player, wish him the best, but would a school that traditionally brings in McDonald's All-Americans and players of that caliber, be considering a player who, more than likely is not even gonna be 1st team All-State in Ky and even has to deal with arguments of being the best player in just the Mountains alone? That's where I'm thrown off on this whole rumor. Corresponding with colleges and coaches is alot different than actually being recruited by them. I'm sure one of our members on here could give us a lil insight into this whole process; Mr Basketball, dominating performances on the biggest stage in Ky HS hoops (Sweet Sixteen), in my opinion one of the top 20 players in recent history, and he decided the best situation for him would be in Huntington, which turned out to be a great choice. Sure, if a kid was fortunate enuff to land at a school like Louisville, it would be great to tell your grandkids you played for someone like Coach Pitino, but why settle for the material side of it, when ya could actually better your game at somewhere more fitting. How many great athletes have decided to go the high-profile way, and then 2 years later even people from their own hometown were wondering..."What ever happened to so-and-so?" Best of luck in the future and in making the best choice that will make ya happy and give ya the best opportunity.
I have never heard this rumor. I have heard that he is going to Marshall (at least thats where he took an official visit to a while back).
I don't know if this is a rumor or the truth, but IMO If Cameron Mills can play for Ricky P. at UK then Landon Slone can play for him at Louisville. I would love to see Landon at Louisville. JMO
I believe he has enough talent
I would love to see anyone from the moutains do good and go D-1.
LIPS Wrote:I would love to see anyone from the moutains do good and go D-1.
Same here and along with everyone in the Mountains but he just dont have the skills to make it at Louisville.
Can Landon dunk easy?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Can Landon dunk easy?

Nope, but i bet he could before season started at LouisvilleBig Grin...Dont hate the player, hate the game...Your just mad because Jacob Bryant or Johan Justice is not getting letters or offers from these schools?...Can Stuart Miller that played at Middlesboro dunk easy?...He's at Louisville...Landon has a better all-around game than Miller...IMO, if he went to Louisville, he wouldnt see anytime his freshman year..I think he would see limited time his soph. year and be in the 8 or 9 man rotation by his junior year...Good Luck and Best wishes to you wherever your end up going Landon...Make us proud!Big Grin
uhavenoidea Wrote:Nope, but i bet he could before season started at LouisvilleBig Grin...Dont hate the player, hate the game...Your just mad because Jacob Bryant or Johan Justice is not getting letters or offers from these schools?...Can Stuart Miller that played at Middlesboro dunk easy?...He's at Louisville...Landon has a better all-around game than Miller...IMO, if he went to Louisville, he wouldnt see anytime his freshman year..I think he would see limited time his soph. year and be in the 8 or 9 man rotation by his junior year...Good Luck and Best wishes to you wherever your end up going Landon...Make us proud!Big Grin
He was the best 3 point shooter in the state. Slone is nowere near that.
RavenBoy Wrote:He was the best 3 point shooter in the state. Slone is nowere near that.

And whats he doing this year?..Watching thats it..Slone has the better overall game...Landon won't go to Louisville...I see him at Arkansas
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6