Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Art Monk/Darrell Green Elected to the Hall Of Fame!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the biggest Redskin fan on Earth, today was the greatest sporting moment for me because Art Monk was FINALLY elected to the Hall Of Fame. LONG, LONG, LONG TIME OVERDUE IMO!! Art Monk was my all time favorite football player and the sad part....my fantasy football teams name was..ARTMONK81 4 HOF...lol!
Art Monk deserved to make it and Im glad he did. Darrel Green was a shut down corner for 20 years in the NFL and he deserved to get in as well. As all the others were deserving as well. The sad part is that if Art Monk wouldve done a few more commercials or shot his mouth off to the media more he wouldve been a first ballot HOF. Being that sportswriters who have probably never played a down of football in their lives vote on who gets in the HOF as opposed to former players and coaches who know what they are talking about thats what we get. In the end Monk got punished for being more of a football player than a "personality". Something I always respected sbout the guy. IMO thats the only reason that Micheal Irvin got in before him. Im a Steelers fan and Ive always said that John Stallworth shouldve got in the HOF but Lynn Swann shouldnt have. Swann got in more for being a "personality" than for his career numbers. This will also be the case when Deion Sanders goes to Canton ahead of Rod Woodson ( Although Woodson had more career interceptions and would actually tackle a ball carrier). The only shoe in I see for the HOF next year is Emmitt Smith.
Very good points and couldn't agree with you more with the entire post!