Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 63, Rose Hill 54 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WAY TO GO BULLDOGS!!!!!
BEAT U.H.A.!!!!
That Dawg does bite. WOW
What time tomorrow is the final.
great come back by hazard, hoepfully they bring home another all a state championship
Congrats Bulldogs! I hope you win it all!
Congrats Bulldogs!!
Congrats Hazard, bring it home 2mar!
Congrats Dawgs
Congrats Hazard.
Congrats Hazard
Rose Hill wasn't the best All A team in the 16th Region. Elliott had a bad night, if Elliott and Rose Hill played 99 more times, Elliott would win everyone of them. Elliott County would have rolled Hazard.
airball3 Wrote:Rose Hill wasn't the best All A team in the 16th Region. Elliott had a bad night, if Elliott and Rose Hill played 99 more times, Elliott would win everyone of them. Elliott County would have rolled Hazard.
Um. No. And guess what? they didn't. So live with it.
Congratz Hazard, and to reply to the comment about Rose Hill not being the best out of the 16th. You don't have to beat every team just the teams you play, and Hazard did'nt have to play Elliot so it did'nt matter.
Congrats to the Dawgs on the win!! Would have like to see a Paintsville and Hazard final but just didn't work out. Good luck and bring home the Championship tomorrow against UHA!! You guys are the only mountain team left, don't let it slip away!
Good luck Bulldogs. Bring the title back to the mountains.
OMG! :eek: What a game! Hazard came into McBrayer Arena today to face Rose Hill in the semifinal round of the All A tournament. We started out fairly well, jumping out to a four point lead, but it didn't seem we could ever gain our momentum, partially due to Rose Hill, of course, but also because we didn't seem to have the gusto we usually display in a big game. :HitWall: The game drug on and we were down by four a halftime. Then the third quarter came along...probably our worst quarter of the entire year...and we found ourself down 15 and wondering what had happened. Perhaps our boys finally looked at the score and at the clock, or maybe the coach finally woke them up...whatever it was, Randy Lewis came into the game and gave us some really good minutes on defense as well as offense and he hit a three from the parking lot (well about 23 feet out) and cut the lead to 12. Then things began to happen and you could almost see the momentum switch to Hazard, as our shots began to fall and we actually began to MAKE OUR FREETHROWS, and we tied the game.:devilflam I couldn't believe it, as we had been down by 16 at one point! The determined dogs hung tough and with 9.9 seconds left we had the ball, called a timeout and set up a play. Unfortunately, it didn't pay off and Rose Hill hit it out of bounds. With 0.03 seconds left, we got the ball under our goal and coach set up a beautiful play. :boosign: The ball was passed in to Justine Jones who caught it while up in the air and tipped it into the goal. Victory for Hazard...right? NO, THEY WAVED IT OFF and to overtime we went. :madman: It was all dogs in the overtime and we ended up with a 9 point victory thanks to hitting our shots and FREETHROWS and our defense stepping it up a notch!

First I must offer my congratulations to Rose Hill and say you have a great young team and I think our paths just might cross again in the All A again next year.

I must also say congratulations to the bulldogs for making one of the best come backs I have seen in years. Josh Whitaker was most valuable player and Randy Lewis should also be congratulated on a wonderful job of coming off the bench and instigating a real come back victory.

Now, on the UHA tomorrow at 3:00. Best wishes, dogs!::letsparty

Remember...it's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog!

Go Bulldogs!:Wave:
Congrats Hazard..
divadawg Wrote:Remember...it's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog!

As long as Hazard remembers that tomorrow and plays well, then they can win it!!
congrats dawgs, randy paul really stepped up and brought hazard back, and they just kept feeding him the ball coz he had a hot hand in the 4th quarter, rose hill tried to force a 3 pointer out of #45 too much, i mean he was pretty much automatic frm the 3 pt lane but with around 3 hands in your face in the 4th quarter and overtime it really doesnt matter.
We would greatly appreciate everyone coming out Sunday afternoon at 3 pm to McBrayer Arena in Richmond to support the Bulldogs. The Dawgs are playing for the whole Mountain/Eastern KY area now. These boys have played their hearts out for 3 days now and let's pray they can do it one more time.

GOOOO BULLDOGS!!!!
If you missed the Hazard- Rose Hill game you can listen to it here...
Click on the link below to listen to the Hazard - Rose Hill Christian semi-final game in the Boy's All A State Basketball Tournament in Richmond.

http://www.wsgs.com/news.htm
congrats hazard bring home the trophy
divadawg Wrote:OMG! :eek: What a game! Hazard came into McBrayer Arena today to face Rose Hill in the semifinal round of the All A tournament. We started out fairly well, jumping out to a four point lead, but it didn't seem we could ever gain our momentum, partially due to Rose Hill, of course, but also because we didn't seem to have the gusto we usually display in a big game. :HitWall: The game drug on and we were down by four a halftime. Then the third quarter came along...probably our worst quarter of the entire year...and we found ourself down 15 and wondering what had happened. Perhaps our boys finally looked at the score and at the clock, or maybe the coach finally woke them up...whatever it was, Randy Lewis came into the game and gave us some really good minutes on defense as well as offense and he hit a three from the parking lot (well about 23 feet out) and cut the lead to 12. Then things began to happen and you could almost see the momentum switch to Hazard, as our shots began to fall and we actually began to MAKE OUR FREETHROWS, and we tied the game.:devilflam I couldn't believe it, as we had been down by 16 at one point! The determined dogs hung tough and with 9.9 seconds left we had the ball, called a timeout and set up a play. Unfortunately, it didn't pay off and Rose Hill hit it out of bounds. With 0.03 seconds left, we got the ball under our goal and coach set up a beautiful play. :boosign: The ball was passed in to Justine Jones who caught it while up in the air and tipped it into the goal. Victory for Hazard...right? NO, THEY WAVED IT OFF and to overtime we went. :madman: It was all dogs in the overtime and we ended up with a 9 point victory thanks to hitting our shots and FREETHROWS and our defense stepping it up a notch!

First I must offer my congratulations to Rose Hill and say you have a great young team and I think our paths just might cross again in the All A again next year.

I must also say congratulations to the bulldogs for making one of the best come backs I have seen in years. Josh Whitaker was most valuable player and Randy Lewis should also be congratulated on a wonderful job of coming off the bench and instigating a real come back victory.

Now, on the UHA tomorrow at 3:00. Best wishes, dogs!::letsparty

Remember...it's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog!

Go Bulldogs!:Wave:

You know that if you would have had 15th Region Refs, that basket would have counted. lol Same thing happened in the 15th Reg Champ Game, when a Pikeville player caught the ball at half court and heaved it from his hip and they counted it. All with 0.3 tics left.
Congrats
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:We would greatly appreciate everyone coming out Sunday afternoon at 3 pm to McBrayer Arena in Richmond to support the Bulldogs. The Dawgs are playing for the whole Mountain/Eastern KY area now. These boys have played their hearts out for 3 days now and let's pray they can do it one more time.

GOOOO BULLDOGS!!!!
As a part of the 14th region, i am proud to know that Hazard is representing us and what we have to the fullest.... GO Bulldogs :rockon:
gratz
Lewis dominated in the 4th. Good job DAWGS!
airball3 Wrote:Rose Hill wasn't the best All A team in the 16th Region. Elliott had a bad night, if Elliott and Rose Hill played 99 more times, Elliott would win everyone of them. Elliott County would have rolled Hazard.

Doesnt matter who is the best!!! ITS WHO WINS THE GAME :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:
Hazard got all the big calls again and pulled out another one.
bigblue4ever Wrote:Hazard got all the big calls again and pulled out another one.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Hazard won because they played better !!!!!!!!!!!!!