Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ISP Based emails will only be accepted at sign up! READ MORE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im working on implementing this ASAP! I will make an official announcement on the registration page and in the forums once Im finished.

PUBIC and FREE e-mail addresses will be disabled from registering with BGR due to past abuse and to prevent future abuse, users will be forced to register with an ISP-based or non-FREE mail account.

Example:
[email]johndoe@yahoo.com[/email], johndoe@hotmail, [email]johndoe@gmail.com[/email], (will not work) Any email that isnt an ISP based email will not work, etc, etc.

[email]johndoe@bellshouth.net[/email], [email]johndoe@youruniversity.edu[/email] [email]johndoe@insightbb.com[/email], [email]johndoe@mikrotec.com[/email].. etc.etc. (these wil work)

If you previously signed up with a public email then you will not have to change. However, if your public address gets banned for rule violations then you can only sign back up with an ISP email, assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider.

Also, mail accounts made-up such as yousuck@ and/or junk@, spam@, etc will not work... these have also been filtered, so please use your legitimate ISP mail address and you will have no problems registering.

This new addition will eliminate our moderators from having to ban a user over and over, and prevent from them dealing with nonsense.

When this is ready. Freely creating new public email accounts and signing up will no longer work. I know things have been calm for the most part on the boards. But we havent been through a football seaon yet on BGR. I know tempers tend to flare and agruments can get rathered heated during football season. We have to have away to control people that violate our rules.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
This will help us to better maintain a friendly community.
Are you sure that this is a good idea QQ? I think that it would be nice for when football season rolls around for as you say keep people from making more and more when they get into fights, but I for one (and anyone in my family) havn't had an ISP email in over 5 years.

For now wouldn't it be better to let people join and have fun then restrict it when it gets football time in the bluegrass (Sorry...UK love :lol: )
Sounds like a good plan QQ. it should work. i hope.
This will also reduce multiple accounts. The idea has both pros and cons to it.
I agree Jules
Beef Wrote:Are you sure that this is a good idea QQ? I think that it would be nice for when football season rolls around for as you say keep people from making more and more when they get into fights, but I for one (and anyone in my family) havn't had an ISP email in over 5 years.

For now wouldn't it be better to let people join and have fun then restrict it when it gets football time in the bluegrass (Sorry...UK love :lol: )

i think i agree with beef on this one