Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 58th District Banter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's obvious to me that Allen Central and Prestonsburg have distanced themselves from Betsy Layne and South Floyd in the 58th District. However, some would say Allen Central is above and beyond them all. I have to disagree. Prestonsburg is in control of the 58th District because they play both Allen Central and Betsy Layne at home next week. If the Blackcats win out, which they are extremely capable of doing, they come out as the 58th District's #1 seed and basically get a free ride to the Expo Center with South Floyd waiting as the #4 seed. The return of Jared Newman seems to have slowed the Bobcats down some and makes me question his true value to Betsy Layne as he has yet to notch a double digit scoring or rebounding game. Yes, he probably doesn't have his feet under him yet but he has such an immense size advantage over everyone in the district and in the region, with the exception of Adams from Pikeville, so that shouldn't make a difference. The addition of Aaron Crum to the Runnin' Rebels has been critical to the success of Allen Central. He brought a 3 point game with him to a team that would have had none of the sort without him and he's the reason why Allen Central has had as much success as they have had. The incredible point guard play of Alex Hammonds hasn't hindered the Rebs either. As for the Blackcats, they need to abandon their live and die by the 3 mentality and run more offenses through Nathaniel Stephens as he proved last night that he can put the Blackcats on his back and carry them to victory. Don't completely abandon the 3 ball because Lord knows that they have some phenomenal 3 point shooters on that team but just don't rely on it so much. My opinion, Prestonsburg wins the conference title and gets the #1 seed but Allen Central wins the 58th district title on their home floor.
I like that prediction and thats a very good break down of the district.

Next week will make or break Prestonsburg though as they play Betsy Layne and Allen Central at home.
Well i think that AC has the best team in the district, and they only have one real game to worry about in the district which is Pburg at Pburg. But Pburg has to beat Ac and Bl. Ac has been playing great lately only getting beat once in their last 7 games and that was to Paintsville. If they keep playing this way, their going to be hard to handle at Pburg
Pburg has to win out in order to have a shot. Tuesday's game with Allen Central is critical to their success. I think Pburg is ahead of BL at this point, but I wouldn't count out BL by district tournament because they are only gonna get better and if it's a Pburg/BL matchup opening round of the district (and it probably will be) it should be a slobberknocker!
I agree with some of what's been said on this thread, but I still think AC is the team to beat, both in the conference and the district tournament. I've seen all of them play several times each & imo AC is a notch above the rest. P-burg does have an advantage by hosting the last two conference games. I just think AC is good enough to win on P-burgs home court. IMO AC is either 3rd or 4th in the region. JMO
Where is this district tourney held?
Tubby Hater Wrote:Where is this district tourney held?

Allen Central