Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: All "A" Classic semifinal: Paintsville vs. University Heights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok. The marquee semifinal matchup today is the battle between the two perennial favorites in the tournament, the Paintsville Tigers and the University Heights Blazers. This game also features a matchup between two of the states top players in UHA's Scotty Hopson, who has committed to Mississippi State, and PHS's Landon Slone. Let's hear some predictions on the matchup, the final score, and the the 1-on-1 matchup between both teams' phenoms. My prediction: Paintsville-84 University Heights-79 with Hopson outscoring Slone.
Paintsville by 8. Landon will outscore him, but Grimm will lead the way.
Grimm and Vanhoose will have good games in this one. I pick Paintsville by 5, with Hopkins having the better game, but not the most points out of him and Slone.
slingblade93 Wrote:Paintsville by 8. Landon will outscore him, but Grimm will lead the way.

Thanks for bringing up Grimm. He's the strong second option for Paintsville to combat the second option of University Heights in fellow Div. I recruit Tyshaun Edmondson.
I think Paintsville will win
Paintsville by 11
paintsville by 8
UHA by 11.
I think it will be a great game but ill take the Tigers by 3.
If the Tigers can keep Hopson and Edmonson out of there game then the Tigers have the chance to win this one by double-digits but I don't see them stopping those two... I think its a toss up.

Good luck Tigers!
blackcat_student Wrote:If the Tigers can keep Hopson and Edmonson out of there game then the Tigers have the chance to win this one by double-digits but I don't see them stopping those two... I think its a toss up.

Good luck Tigers!

They won't be able to stop them both. They're both Division I recruits so the Tigers will have to pick which one they think will do the least damage and let him have his shots. I'd take my chances with Hopson because Edmondson is the perimeter threat. I'd rather take my chances giving up 2's than focusing on the post and surrendering 3 point shots. Plus, Hopson is 6'6" so Paintsville would have problems stopping him considering they don't have a natural post player. That hasn't stopped them from winning though.
37-30 uha at the half
UHA 55% fg/ PHS 38%fg.

Othther than that, both teams are about even in every other aspect of the game.
The Guru Wrote:UHA 55% fg/ PHS 38%fg.

Othther than that, both teams are about even in every other aspect of the game.

Do you think we are shooting to many three's?
slingblade93 Wrote:Do you think we are shooting to many three's?
At least one of us is lol