Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: DuPont Manual-67 vs Pike Central-44
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Pretty shocked on this outcome!
I saw the game, PC looked very tired. DM were big and fast. Just a bad night for the Lady Hawks against a very good team. IMO K Lowe is giving the ball up too much. When she take the ball to the goal they could not stop her. PC will regroup and learn from this.
alot of things where wrong for the lady hawks..A.D. grandmother passed away the night before the game i believe and starter kayla ratliff was unable to play due to illness...kayla pennington and i believe hannah thompson where both sick but played anyways
I hate to hear that about AD. Our prayers are with her and her family. Bottom line mountain teams have a hard time with teams like that. PCC will be fine.
Yeah it seemed like they were just sick. A starter and two of there main bench players were sick.....this will be good for the hawks they will have to learn from this and not let it happen again.
SpOrTsFaNaTiC711 Wrote:Yeah it seemed like they were just sick. A starter and two of there main bench players were sick.....this will be good for the hawks they will have to learn from this and not let it happen again.

agreed i mean if you look at the statistics what killed Pike Central was their poor boxing out. The did not hit the boards hard and Dupont took advantage of that with Wilson on the inside.

Also in the first half PC shot 37 percent while Manual was burning it up shooting 65 percent. The turnover margin for Central tonight was the worst all year i think having 20 TO. That is one thing you have to do against the Louisville/Lexington teams and that is PROTECT THE DANG BALL.

But the Lady Hawks will regroup and come together to make a run at state. Girls just keep your heads up, you know your better than that and we believe in you.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:agreed i mean if you look at the statistics what killed Pike Central was their poor boxing out. The did not hit the boards hard and Dupont took advantage of that with Wilson on the inside.

Also in the first half PC shot 37 percent while Manual was burning it up shooting 65 percent. The turnover margin for Central tonight was the worst all year i think having 20 TO. That is one thing you have to do against the Louisville/Lexington teams and that is PROTECT THE DANG BALL.

But the Lady Hawks will regroup and come together to make a run at state. Girls just keep your heads up, you know your better than that and we believe in you.

Your exactly right....can't turn it over...man law! lol
SpOrTsFaNaTiC711 Wrote:Your exactly right....can't turn it over...man law! lol

lol now we have to be politically correct it is a man/women law lol
Not a shocker to me. Manual is athletic, quick, and has 2 D-I signees. They are also very well coached. There is no disrespect in losing to them............
Not only were several players sick but Coach Butcher was bad off with the flu and certainly did not feel like coaching but did as well as he could under the circumstances. It was a tough road trip for the Lady Hawks from the start of the day on Friday with AD learning of her grandfather's death only minutes before the bus left, Kayla Ratliff not making the trip due to illness, and several others under the weather.

This defeat was certainly not a loss for the Lady Hawks to hang their heads over due to the events of the day. They will learn from this and move on to the true challenge of making it to Bowling Green in March.

Good luck Monday against Phelps and hope everyone is resting and getting their strength back!