Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 71 - South Floyd 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats Blackcats...Probably the best SF has played all year...SF shot awful tonight...P-burg shot very well from the line...Prestonsburg shot pretty good for the game..AKers got a Technical and didnt play the last 10 mins of the game...Keep your head up SF...Your gettin closer and closer...
congrats p-burg!
Congrats Blackcats! Does anyone have any stats from the game?
Congrats blackcats...horrible officiated game o im sure that some smart elic will say quit makin excuses but anyone at the game could tell u that but o well life goes on
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Congrats Blackcats! Does anyone have any stats from the game?

Stephens had 25pts.
Hall-15pts.
Burchett-15pts.
Tackett-7pts.
Clark-9pts.

thats all i know...heard it on the radio as i was leaving...

Akers-10pts.
Marson-14pts. 6rebs.
Hall-6 pts. 4rebs.
Jones-7pts. 3rebs.
Mitchell-10pts.
Hayes-6pts.
Paige-6pts.
Howell 2pts.
If theses two teams played again with akers and him not be on the bench believe me it would be a different outcome...when aklers got the T called on him South Floyd fell apart and could not catch back up with Pburg....Keep your head up SF your time is a coming....
LIPS Wrote:If theses two teams played again with akers and him not be on the bench believe me it would be a different outcome...when aklers got the T called on him South Floyd fell apart and could not catch back up with Pburg....Keep your head up SF your time is a coming....

Akers just wasnt hitting his outside shots tonight..I agree with you, we could see a surprising win by the raiders before seasons end...
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Congrats Blackcats! Does anyone have any stats from the game?
Prestonsburg-

M. Burchett- 15 pts., 9 rebs.
J. Hall- 15 pts., 2 reb.
N. Stephens- 25 pts., 14 rebs.
J. Tackett- 7 pts., 2 rebs.
T. Clark- 9 pts., 3 rebs.
J. Rodebaugh 0 pts., 4 rebs.

South Floyd-

T. Mitchell- 10 pts., 4 rebs.
W. Akers- 10 pts., 3 rebs.
K. Howell- 2 pts., 8 rebs.
C. Paige- 2 pts., 3 rebs.
B. Marson- 14 pts., 3 rebs.
D. Hall- 6 pts., 4 rebs.
R. Jones- 7 pts., 1 reb.
C. Hayes- 6 pts., 2 rebs.
Chazz Michaels Wrote:Prestonsburg-

J. Hall- 15 pts., 2 reb.

South Floyd-

D. Hall- 6 pts., 4 rebs.
R. Jones- 7 pts., 1 reb.

Could a mod please change the score to 71-57...My bad guys...
Chazz Michaels Wrote:Prestonsburg-

J. Hall- 15 pts., 2 reb.

South Floyd-

D. Hall- 6 pts., 4 rebs.
R. Jones- 7 pts., 1 reb.

Marson Had 6rebs.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Marson Had 6rebs.
Must've miscounted, my bad....lol.....
Chazz Michaels Wrote:Must've miscounted, my bad....lol.....

Ahh common mistake...Heck we both may be wrongBig Grin
uhavenoidea Wrote:Ahh common mistake...Heck we both may be wrongBig Grin
Haha, you are correct.....
Well this was a great played game by the Blackcats! they looked like they might have fell apart in the first half but they come out the second half and came alive, Great game Blackcats!
Congrats Blackcats!!
I thought the Prestonsburg guards played horrible tonight, if South Floyd was hitting they may have won this game but Nathaniel Stephens put the Blackcats on his back and done alot of things by himself. The guards need to goto Stephens almost every time down the court, he is nearly unstoppable, not too many players can match up with his size and strength. Great game for him tonight & Congrats Blackcats!
I may be wrong for saying this. But SF got beat by 14 points to P-burg. That is the closest game they have had all year. Marson had 14, Mitchell had 10, Akers had 10 and had to sit for 10 minutes because a T. Maybe if they ran other offenses besides the pass the ball to Akers and let him shoot, they might play better. I have watched SF play 2 or 3 times this season. I dont see them running any type of set plays. It is more like street court ball but only one person shooting 70% of the time. Every team has down years and this is a SF down time. But even in the down years, I feel like the coaches should coach and try to get the best out of their players instead of sitting on the bench with their heads down and not doing anything. I have not seen or heard them calling out instructions, trying to change things in the game. Or basically using a season or two of down years as a way to imporove over the course of the year to maybe get better for next year. I am sorry, but I dont see this being the players fault as much as the coaching there.
Nobody from SF was big enough to handle Stephens.
To respond to the post from Torch, there's not many players big enough to matchup with Stephens in the 15th Region. Even the larger than life Deven Adams from Pikeville was overpowered by the Prestonsburg Senior center. The Blackcats played horribly in this game but still managed to win by 14 on account of the lack of talent on the Raider squad. The two bright spots for the Cats was the lockdown defense of Taylor Clark on Wes Akers and the domination of Nathaniel Stephens in the post. Akers was held without a 3 pointer for the first time this season and Stephens had a season high in points and rebounds, 25 pts and 14 rebs. If the cats would try utilizing their low-post game more often, they could be a top 5 team in the region if they didn't live and die by the 3 as much as they do. To add one more point, South Floyd was down 18 when Akers received a technical and was benched for the rest of the game by Coach Barry Hall. The Radiers preceded to cut their deficit to 7 at one point in the 4th quarter and outscored the Blackcats by 4 the rest of the game. Dare I say that South Floyd would be a better team without the shoot, shoot, and shoot some more style of Wes Akers on the floor? They looked to run their offenses a whole lot smoother without him on the floor. Just a thought.
The One and Only 13 Wrote:To respond to the post from Torch, there's not many players big enough to matchup with Stephens in the 15th Region. Even the larger than life Deven Adams from Pikeville was overpowered by the Prestonsburg Senior center. The Blackcats played horribly in this game but still managed to win by 14 on account of the lack of talent on the Raider squad. The two bright spots for the Cats was the lockdown defense of Taylor Clark on Wes Akers and the domination of Nathaniel Stephens in the post. Akers was held without a 3 pointer for the first time this season and Stephens had a season high in points and rebounds, 25 pts and 14 rebs. If the cats would try utilizing their low-post game more often, they could be a top 5 team in the region if they didn't live and die by the 3 as much as they do. To add one more point, South Floyd was down 18 when Akers received a technical and was benched for the rest of the game by Coach Barry Hall. The Radiers preceded to cut their deficit to 7 at one point in the 4th quarter and outscored the Blackcats by 4 the rest of the game. Dare I say that South Floyd would be a better team without the shoot, shoot, and shoot some more style of Wes Akers on the floor? They looked to run their offenses a whole lot smoother without him on the floor. Just a thought.
I agree. Nice post!
The One and Only 13 Wrote:To respond to the post from Torch, there's not many players big enough to matchup with Stephens in the 15th Region. Even the larger than life Deven Adams from Pikeville was overpowered by the Prestonsburg Senior center. The Blackcats played horribly in this game but still managed to win by 14 on account of the lack of talent on the Raider squad. The two bright spots for the Cats was the lockdown defense of Taylor Clark on Wes Akers and the domination of Nathaniel Stephens in the post. Akers was held without a 3 pointer for the first time this season and Stephens had a season high in points and rebounds, 25 pts and 14 rebs. If the cats would try utilizing their low-post game more often, they could be a top 5 team in the region if they didn't live and die by the 3 as much as they do. To add one more point, South Floyd was down 18 when Akers received a technical and was benched for the rest of the game by Coach Barry Hall. The Radiers preceded to cut their deficit to 7 at one point in the 4th quarter and outscored the Blackcats by 4 the rest of the game. Dare I say that South Floyd would be a better team without the shoot, shoot, and shoot some more style of Wes Akers on the floor? They looked to run their offenses a whole lot smoother without him on the floor. Just a thought.

Great post...

Nathaniel finally realized that he is capable of taking a game over. He starting to show his true ability and as long as he doesn't get into foul trouble then it will be hard to beat Prestonsburg. But the only way Stephens is going to be able to take games over is if the guards get him his touches. He is one of the bigger players in the region and is very hard to stop, I'd look for Prestonsburg to give the ball to him a lot tonight versus Breathitt County.
blackcat_student Wrote:Great post...

Nathaniel finally realized that he is capable of taking a game over. He starting to show his true ability and as long as he doesn't get into foul trouble then it will be hard to beat Prestonsburg. But the only way Stephens is going to be able to take games over is if the guards get him his touches. He is one of the bigger players in the region and is very hard to stop, I'd look for Prestonsburg to give the ball to him a lot tonight versus Breathitt County.

Great point. Coach Jackie Day is looking to get him touches after his performance last night but the question is wil the guards let him have the necessary touches to make an impact. Stephens is going up against a big kid tonight in Travis Smith. He goes about 6'6" and 275 lbs. However, Stephens has the advantage in speed and agility. He showed us all that against South Floyd with his phenomenal footwork and surprising finishing ability. The coaches plan has to be to run the offense around and through Stephens but does that factor into what the trigger happy guards of Prestonsburg have in mind? I hope so for the Blackcats sake. They are hard to beat when he is on his game. Great post blackcat_student! :Thumbs:
The One and Only 13 Wrote:Dare I say that South Floyd would be a better team without the shoot, shoot, and shoot some more style of Wes Akers on the floor? They looked to run their offenses a whole lot smoother without him on the floor. Just a thought.

Your thoughts have been whispered throughout the crowd at Raiders games I've attended this season. It's nothing personal against Akers, he's a fine young man, yet it's just an unfortunate situation for him this season. I will agree though, the team plays better without him on the floor.

Just another thought of constructive criticism: Akers could make his teammates better by involving others on the floor more often and teaching the younger guys how to get into the flow of the game - that's the mark of a leader. Work others into the game and they will in turn help you.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Your thoughts have been whispered throughout the crowd at Raiders games I've attended this season. It's nothing personal against Akers, he's a fine young man, yet it's just an unfortunate situation for him this season. I will agree though, the team plays better without him on the floor.

Just another thought of constructive criticism: Akers could make his teammates better by involving others on the floor more often and teaching the younger guys how to get into the flow of the game - that's the mark of a leader. Work others into the game and they will in turn help you.

:Thumbs: I don't think the Raiders are better without Akers, but I do think his shot selection is a HUGE problem. jmo

Sounds like Prestonsburg played horrible and the Raiders played pretty good.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote::Thumbs: I don't think the Raiders are better without Akers, but I do think his shot selection is a HUGE problem. jmo

Sounds like Prestonsburg played horrible and the Raiders played pretty good.

Falling out of bounds and letting shots fly that aren't close to the rim or firing 35 FT jumpers when other players are fighting for position in the paint or cutting to the basket is a problem.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Falling out of bounds and letting shots fly that aren't close to the rim or firing 35 FT jumpers when other players are fighting for position in the paint or cutting to the basket is a problem.

:what:
That was Devens first game of having a triple double. And he got overpowered? As far as SF goes, I think they should try to run more offense. If anything else, to get Akers more open looks at the basket. All I have seen so far is he takes it across half court and shoots.
Congrats P-Burg
In my opinion this game was terrible officiated, the backcourt violation call on Taylor Clark (What a joke call), early fouls on gearheart, etc. Seriously, whoever that ref was, that was just a joke.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Falling out of bounds and letting shots fly that aren't close to the rim or firing 35 FT jumpers when other players are fighting for position in the paint or cutting to the basket is a problem.

I agree he shoots some of the strangest shots I've ever witnessed. Maybe if he did get his teammates involved more then the Raiders would have a couple of wins or atleast be a much better team.
Pages: 1 2