Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: All 15th Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Give me one player from each team in the 15th who you think will be the best for there team. If you don't know many than list what people you know.:rockon:
Colby Hayes South Floyd
Scotty Little-AC...very good all-around player if he can get healthy
Shane Grim, Paintsville, has to be on there.
Any of the 3 seniors(Cory Fannin,Tyler Hamilton,Bobby Mckinney) could be the best for Pike Central
This wouldn't really be an All 15th team if you took only 1 player from each team.
Bobby Hughes - Prestonsburg
Josh Rodebaugh - Prestonsburg
Elswick From East Ridge made it last year as a freshman...wonder if he can repeat this year??/
Travis Ison, Shane Grimm,JD VanHoose, Timmy Hayes, Brad Laney
P -- Shane Grimm, Chandler Shepherd
C -- Tim Hayes
1B -- Brad Laney, Lefty from Magoffin
2B -- JD Vanhoose
3B -- Travis Ison, Josh Rodebaugh
SS -- ???
OF -- Bobby Hughes
OF -- Alex Hammonds
OF -- Josh Prater
DH -- Scott Little
SS -- Jeff Cyrus, Lawrence County
BaseballMan Wrote:P -- Shane Grimm, Chandler Shepherd
C -- Tim Hayes
2B -- JD Vanhoose
SS -- ???
OF -- Bobby Hughes
OF -- Alex Hammonds
OF -- Josh Prater
DH -- Scott Little
The 1st base lefty from Magoffin is Shane allen
P- Shane Grimm or Chandler Sheperd
C- Timmy Hayes
1st- Shane Allen or Shane Grimm if he is not pitching.
2nd- JD VanHoose
SS- Jeff Cyrus
3rd- Travis Ison
OF- Cory Humphrey
OF- Brad Laney
OF- Alex Hammonds
DH- Scottie Little (who also could pitch if he was healthy)

This team as a very fast outfield and a pretty solid infield, along with good pitching.
baseballfan606 Wrote:Elswick From East Ridge made it last year as a freshman...wonder if he can repeat this year??/

Shepherd from Lawrence made it last year as an 8th grader
Dawg@heart Wrote:Shepherd from Lawrence made it last year as an 8th grader

Shephard and Elswick made it on what?
I'm assuming they are talking about the 15th region "all-tournament" team. Which is not a great indicator of the all 15th team.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I'm assuming they are talking about the 15th region "all-tournament" team. Which is not a great indicator of the all 15th team.

That could apply to Shephard , but East Ridge was not even in the regional tournament. I have no idea what they may be referring to, because there was not a 15th region all star team named. There was a senior all star team and a junior all star team that went to London and played a couple of games, but again there was never an official 15th region all star team named.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:That could apply to Shephard , but East Ridge was not even in the regional tournament. I have no idea what they may be referring to, because there was not a 15th region all star team named. There was a senior all star team and a junior all star team that went to London and played a couple of games, but again there was never an official 15th region all star team named.
East Ridge was in the regional tournament. Pikeville defeated them in the 59th district championship, thus they went in as a runner-up.
Panther Thunder Wrote:East Ridge was in the regional tournament. Pikeville defeated them in the 59th district championship, thus they went in as a runner-up.

Yep, your right. Went back to watch the Super Bowl and remembered it while watching the game. I stand corected.
C -- Tim Hayes
2B -- JD Vanhoose
SS -- ???
OF -- Bobby Hughes
OF -- Alex Hammonds
OF -- Josh Prater
DH -- Scott Little

i agree with alot of this except of course the outfield and the DH, i know he is descent at the plate, but he's known alot more for his arm i would think(little), i recall a really good size kid that played for lawrence last season at first base...not sure on the name, but he was a really good athletic looking kid and played great at first base when i saw....

ill try the list
Pitchers-Shephard(lc), Grimm(paintsville), Little(ac)
Catcher-Tim Hayes(lc)
1B-not sure on name Harmon, he might have graduated(Pikeville)
2B-Vanhoose(paintsville)
3B-Rodebaugh(p-burg)
SS-Cyrus(lc)
OF-Humphrey(paintsville)
OF-Laney(lc)
OF-????
DH-i dont know about this one

my list obviously needs alot of work
OMG Wrote:i agree with alot of this except of course the outfield and the DH, i know he is descent at the plate, but he's known alot more for his arm i would think(little), i recall a really good size kid that played for lawrence last season at first base...not sure on the name, but he was a really good athletic looking kid and played great at first base when i saw....

ill try the list
Catcher-Tim Hayes(lc)
1B-not sure on name Harmon, he might have graduated(Pikeville)
2B-Vanhoose(paintsville)
3B-Rodebaugh(p-burg)
SS-Cyrus(lc)
OF-Humphrey(paintsville)
OF-Laney(lc)
OF-????
DH-i dont know about this one

my list obviously needs alot of work

I thought that kid was Brad Laney. I think he played outfield some as well. I forgot about Corey Humphrey. I would put him over Prater from AC.
Maybe a Lineup like this:

CF Corey Humphrey
SS Jeff Cyrus
2B JD Vanhoose
C Tim Hayes
DH Scott Little
P Shane Grimm
1B Brad Laney, Logan Crowder, Shane Allen
3B Josh Rodebaugh, Travis Ison
LF Bobby Hughes
RF Alex Hammonds, Josh Prater
^^ Went back to look it up. I think the tall kid at First would be Lewis Michael from Lawrence County. So with that, he would have to be the 1B with outfielders being Humphrey, Laney, and Hammonds.
BaseballMan Wrote:^^ Went back to look it up. I think the tall kid at First would be Lewis Michael from Lawrence County. So with that, he would have to be the 1B with outfielders being Humphrey, Laney, and Hammonds.

i completely agree with you, thats a really tough outfield, and thanks for the info on the Michael's kid....well i dont guess you would call him a kid, he's a pretty big boy!! How well did he hit last season???
Catcher-Tim Hayes(lc)
1B-Lewis Michael(lc)
2B-Vanhoose(paintsville)
3B-Rodebaugh(p-burg)
SS-Cyrus(lc)
OF-Humphrey(paintsville)
OF-Laney(lc)
OF-Hammonds
DH-Travis Ison(paintsville)

im still not sure on the DH, but i guess this is somewhat of a list...not being able to see all the teams play as much as you do the others makes it difficult to do this though...
C -- Tim Hayes
2B -- JD Vanhoose
SS -- ???
OF -- Bobby Hughes
OF -- Alex Hammonds
OF -- Josh Prater
DH -- Scott Little

JD VanHoose is a SS not a 2nd Baseman!!Big Grin
I agree with only one thing in this post ,....This could not possibly be a all 15th region team with one player from each team....I've watched this region for years and I am very familiar with this years teams...I mean almost every decent player in the region....so I will list them

Pitcher ..Shane Grimm...jeff cyrus....dillon stiltner....shepard
catcher.. Timmy Hayes..Corey Adams
1b ... laney...Grimm
2b...C. shepard..vanhoose
ss..Cyrus.. is the only one this region is weak at that pos..
3b...rodebaugh..but primarily for his bat..we are weak at this pos as well
cf c. Humphrey...
lf ,,,shane grimm..hammonds
rf jeramy stacey
dh...scott Mcdonald

boy's you must prove to me anyone else and you don't do that by just posting their name on a web site.....
OMG Wrote:Pitchers-Shephard(lc), Grimm(paintsville), Little(ac)
Catcher-Tim Hayes(lc)
1B-Lewis Michael(lc)
2B-Vanhoose(paintsville)
3B-Rodebaugh(p-burg)
SS-Cyrus(lc)
OF-Humphrey(paintsville)
OF-Laney(lc)
OF-Hammonds
DH-Travis Ison(paintsville)

im still not sure on the DH, but i guess this is somewhat of a list...not being able to see all the teams play as much as you do the others makes it difficult to do this though...

im making a correction on mine...

1B shane grimm
[quote="INSIGHT"]I agree with only one thing in this post ,....This could not possibly be a all 15th region team with one player from each team....I've watched this region for years and I am very familiar with this years teams...I mean almost every decent player in the region....so I will list them

1b ... laney...Grimm
cf c. Humphrey...
rf jeramy stacey
dh...scott Mcdonald

boy's you must prove to me anyone else and you don't do that by just posting their name on a web site.....[/quote]

:confused: Good list, couple I may would discuss on others. But I am confused. Are ya saying that the players themselves must prove ya wrong, or us on here?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:[quote="INSIGHT"]I agree with only one thing in this post ,....This could not possibly be a all 15th region team with one player from each team....I've watched this region for years and I am very familiar with this years teams...I mean almost every decent player in the region....so I will list them

1b ... laney...Grimm
cf c. Humphrey...
rf jeramy stacey
dh...scott Mcdonald

boy's you must prove to me anyone else and you don't do that by just posting their name on a web site.....[/quote]

:confused: Good list, couple I may would discuss on others. But I am confused. Are ya saying that the players themselves must prove ya wrong, or us on here?

the only one i would really wonder about is scott mcdonald, im just not sure if out of everyone to choose from in the 15th region he would be the one i would pick for my DH
OMG Wrote:[quote=Ring'Em Up]

the only one i would really wonder about is scott mcdonald, im just not sure if out of everyone to choose from in the 15th region he would be the one i would pick for my DH

Tyler Dotson from Belfry would be my pick.
Pages: 1 2