Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland Basketball Court Destroyed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't been able to completely deny or confirm what I'm hearing as of this point, neither do I know if any or just parts of the story are true, but this is the latest that I've heard.

The pool in the lobby just 1 room over from the court was being filled. The water was supposed to be stopped, but by some type of error the water continued being pumped in and flooded the lobby and gymnasium.

The water damage on the floor is rumored to be very severe and the entire court will have to be taken up and redone from scratch.

It is also rumored that the remaining home games may have to be cancelled/moved/rescheduled/etc.

I really hope that the information was blown out of proportion by the time the story reached me tonight and that nothing is as severe as it was made out to me, but as of this moment this is what I have heard.
Wow. I hope all is well for Ashland and what you heard was just blown out of proportion. It would be sad that the seniors on the team will never have a final game on their own court because it was cut short by carelessness.
This sucks for the kids if thi is true. I hope this is just blown out of proportion as well.
No longer a rumor. Story confirmed large in part.

Ashland will be playing all or atleast a majority of their remaining home games about 15 minutes down the road at Russell is the official word at this time.
Wow that is terrible i feel sorry for those kids especially the seniors.
This is a shame.
I can't believe that those involved in this simple task screwed it up so bad! The pool and gymnasium have co-existed for decades and then along comes 2008 and some careless ppl just can't get their jobs done! Pitiful!!

On the bright side, maybe they can use this opportunity to get a new and improved floor for the gym. Unfortunate for the players though!
That's awful for the players. Hate to hear something like that happen any time, let alone the (close to March) clutch, playoff time of the season.
Well it wouldnt surprise me that if someone doesnt lose their job over this one. Sad that the Seniors dont get to finish out their seasons on it. So how are they going to practice now?
They should lose there job..I mean, HOW COULD YOU FORGET THAT A POOL IS BEING FILLED UP! It happens at the most, what, once a year?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:They should lose there job..I mean, HOW COULD YOU FORGET THAT A POOL IS BEING FILLED UP! It happens at the most, what, once a year?
Thats what I am saying. Now they are just trying to find places to practice. But some schools have stepped up and offered there gym for them to use.
Which is a very classy move!
Here is an article from The Independent regarding the issue.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/local/lo...34659.html
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Which is a very classy move!

I know the A.D.I. said that the girls will play some of their games at an older Gym they use to play at but said it was just way too small for the boys to try and have home games for them there. And yes it is classy.
That is crazy
Batpuff Wrote:I know the A.D.I. said that the girls will play some of their games at an older Gym they use to play at but said it was just way too small for the boys to try and have home games for them there. And yes it is classy.

The old gym is called Alumni. It is actually inside of the former Ashland High School in downtown Ashland, before Blazer was built.

It is still used for Wrestling and other events from time to time. It would have been fun to see the boys play in the old gym, but like was said, it is just too small for the upcoming games against Elliott County and Rose Hill.
This is terrible.
This is a sad story. This has to be difficult for Ashland. I can't imagine how difficult practicing will be let alone playing home games at another gym. Good luck Ashland!