Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Winter Weather Advisory--Thursday Jan 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Winter Weather Advisory

/O.EXB.KLMK.WW.Y.0002.000000T0000Z- 080201T0900Z/ HENRY KY-SHELBY KY- FRANKLIN KY-SCOTT KY-HARRISON KY- SPENCER KY- ANDERSON KY-WOODFORD KY- FAYETTE KY-BOURBON KY-NICHOLAS KY- WASHINGTON KY-MERCER KY-JESSAMINE KY- CLARK KY-BOYLE KY-GARRARD KY- MADISON KY-LINCOLN KY- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEW CASTLE...SHELBYVILLE... FRANKFORT... GEORGETOWN...CYNTHIANA... TAYLORSVILLE...LAWRENCEBURG... VERSAILLES...LEXINGTON...PARIS... CARLISLE...SPRINGFIELD... HARRODSBURG...NICHOLASVILLE... WINCHESTER...DANVILLE...LANCASTER... RICHMOND...STANFORD 924 PM EST THU JAN 31 2008
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LOUISVILLE HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST FRIDAY.

EXPECT A WINTRY MIX OF FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET OVERNIGHT. THIS MIXED PRECIPITATION WILL LIKELY CHANGE TO RAIN TOWARD SUNRISE... HOWEVER MINOR ICE ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED WITH TEMPERATURES HOVERING NEAR FREEZING.

THIS WINTRY MIX OF FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET WILL MAKE TRAVEL HAZARDOUS AT TIMES. AVOID UNNECESSARY TRAVEL
I just went outside and it's crazy out there. It's been raining hard since 9 PM, but it's currently below freezing here, so all of the rain is turning into ice.

The railing outside has icicles hanging off of it. The trees and bushes all look like they're crystallized, so does the grass.

The driveway doesn't seem to be too slick, but I haven't checked it out extensively because I don't want to fall on my butt.

They're saying that it should warm up and end by 4 AM, but who knows...they weren't expecting this in the first place.

Some places are reporting that we could get half an inch of ice accumulated before it's all said and done.

On top of that, around noon Friday it's supposed to start snowing.
There was a report earlier that a truck had been jackknifed on I-75 just before Richmond.
Winter Weather Advisory has been expanded to include Pike.