Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BFritz's Keys to the Game for Super Bowl XLII
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BFritz's keys to the game:

Giants need to establish Brandon Jacobs and Bradshaw: try to make the Patriots backers' age catch up with them. I'm not sure why I believe that, but I think the Giants can establish the run and have it be an impact part of the game. New England allows more rush yards per game than the Giants and gains less yards on offense.

Eli must remain calm, which he has so far, and he must at least hold his composure and not fold under the pressure.

Giants haven't been great at protecting Manning, which will be crucial because the Pats bring a lot of pressure, second most sacks in the league, and Eli has been sacked a lot. Pats have been average at protecting Brady, and the Giants had the most sacks in the league, so protecting the quarterback will be big.

Moss has only had one catch a game in the past two games, which they must continue to keep him contained. Containing Moss on the deep ball is one thing, but they also must watch out for Welker and Stallworth, but you're better off having those two beat you in chunks then letting Moss kill you with a deep catch.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think at the moment because I'm way too tired. Let me know your thoughts and add your own.
Good keys for the game Fritz but Jeremy Shockey isn't playing in this game, he has been out most of the season after breaking his leg or something like that.
Man if I had the chance to play in the Super Bowl I would play with a broken back...
blackcat_student Wrote:Good keys for the game Fritz but Jeremy Shockey isn't playing in this game, he has been out most of the season after breaking his leg or something like that.

HHHHMMMMMMM, I knew that, but it slipped my mind somehow. You'd think someone breaking their leg would stick out in your mind. Oh well, we all have our moments.

Anyone wanna take that part out for me please?
BFritz Wrote:HHHHMMMMMMM, I knew that, but it slipped my mind somehow. You'd think someone breaking their leg would stick out in your mind. Oh well, we all have our moments.

Anyone wanna take that part out for me please?

Yeah, we all have our moments... Anyways I took care of it for you.
blackcat_student Wrote:Yeah, we all have our moments... Anyways I took care of it for you.

Gracias.

The Giants have to come out strong and not get behind early, because if New England gets ahead early, I wouldn't count on Brady making any mistakes: he'll put the nail in the coffin- dude's got ice in his veins. Also, I don't really trust Eli going against a Pats defense when trailing by more than two TDs, maybe even more than 10 points.

Even with that said, the Pats defense hasn't impressed me as much as it has in years past.

Other people give their opinions on what some keys to the game will be.
lol Plaxico already ran his mouth.. No ones keeping this offense to 17 points...

I'm sorry folks, but the Giants WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT, beat the Patriots.. Mark it down...

Anyways..
Tom Brady has a big game,
Moss & Co.. have big games,
Junior Seau finally gets that ring..

Patriots become the only team in the modern era, to go 19-0!
By the way, I can't believe theres been no big stories on this being Randy Moss' first super bowl..