Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Twins just won the Series for the Mets...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow. Omar was the one GM slick enuff to pull it off, reportedly getting a trade agreement and extension for Johan Santana today. Glad we got a love for the game, cause it sure doesn't look like there will be much of a question as to who walks to the title this year. Minaya continues to convince me he is the most aggressive and creative GM in the business. Congratulations.
:mad:

PS...get you future bets down now for the Series, while it may still be profitable.
**** YEAH!! Bout time we catch a break...GO METS!
Wow, the Mets just caught a big player on this trade! They are gonna have a good team next year.
I wouldn't give it too them yet... They still have several holes on offense IMO.... best team in the National League? Perhaps, but the D-Backs also made a trade for Dan Haren and have a solid young core, while the Mets have mostly veterans...

Series will still have to go through Boston IMO...
nah, the Mets still have to get past my PiratesBig Grin
yea...i wouldnt give it to them yet. the mets always seem to mess it up somehow. if im not mistaken they blew a huge lead in the east last year with a month to go and didnt even make the playoffs. aside from that im still not set on their complete rotation...

1) Santana...ace, best pitcher in the league!
2) Pedro...comin off injury, will he be healthy? can he make it through a whole season?
3) Maine...young up and comer, can he duplicate last season?
4) Orlando Hernandez...possibly 90 yrs old, can he stay at peak form for entire season?
5) ????
Just another reason MLB needs a salary cap. Teams in these huge cities that make a ton of money just buy their way to a title while teams in smaller cities such as Kansas City and Tampa Bay don't generate enough revenue to buy their way into competition.
They will fall apart when it all matters anyways just like they did last season... IMO, ATL is the team to beat next season. The Braves are young and have about the same ability as the Mets do on the field and in the batters box. Plus one or two of those pitchers will go down to injury, like all players these days do.
It don't matter how many top pitchers they get if the other players hit a slump at the wrong time again.
This may go down as one of the worst trades in MLB history. If the pitching prospects they got don't pan out. And great pitching can help when your batting is in a slump. If you can only generate a run or two and your pitchers are pitching shutouts then you can win.
launchpad4 Wrote:This may go down as one of the worst trades in MLB history. If the pitching prospects they got don't pan out. And great pitching can help when your batting is in a slump. If you can only generate a run or two and your pitchers are pitching shutouts then you can win.

I know that but it wasn't just the Mets slump at the plate that got them beat. They had alot of errors in the field at the end of the season.