Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley @ Pikeville 2/1/08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So for the third straight Friday these two teams will meet up once again. Valley took the first meeting 2 Fridays ago on their home floor. Pikeville of course won last Friday during the ALL A. So this Friday they will play at Pikeville, who wins this rubber match?
It should be a closer game than the last two matchups. SV won by 15 and Pikeville won by 11.
I'll say SV by 8. Should be a great atmosphere.
Valley better have there heads in this game cause if not Pikeville will win again. But im gonna say Valley by 6
Panthers still got a game to go with JC and then we will talk.
Panthers gonna be tired coming into this game, they were wore out against Paintsville and still have to play JC before the Valley game.

Valley will be more focused since this game counts for district. I think Pikeville will come out with the same good game plan.

Pikeville will give Valley all they want but I think Valley's experience will take it for them in this one by 4.

Valley 57
Pikeville 53
If Valley has gotten it back together and plays like they were playing during the NY tournament and before then Valley by 10+. If they play like they have been it will be close and i will say Pikeville by a couple since it is at Pikeville. Pikeville has been playing pretty good lately.
No prediction on this one, not yet. Pikeville has to play JC tonight and they are concentrating on this game. I feel that the Panthers will be plenty rested to take on the Wildcats. Agreed, they were tired for the Paintsville game after a hard fought game against the Wildcats but they were able to give Paintsville all they wanted.
I'm going to say Valley in a close one.
before i would say valley by double digits, but since the upset in the tourny im going to say valley by 4
I'd have to give the edge to SV, BUT with the game at Pikeville I wouldn't think the calls would go against the Panthers. Plus since Pikeville has now beat Valley they will be more confident. It really just depends on how each plays on that night. I'd say both will be focused but that doesn't guarantee a good performance. It will be close regardless.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Panthers still got a game to go with JC and then we will talk.

I know the team has to take it one game at a time, but the fans don't. lol

I will say that anything is possible, but if Pikeville can't get by JC then there won't be any need to talk!!
Valley can beat them 5 vs 5 but not 5 vs 7 or 8.
Either way this one could go from 3-8.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Valley can beat them 5 vs 5 but not 5 vs 7 or 8.
And Vice Versa
I'll say Valley by single digits!!!!!!!!Not decided til the end of the 4th Quarter.
Imma go with Pikeville by 2 in OT. Good luck to both teams
SV by 8 or more...They will come out with some very intense defense and pressure IMO..
I was planning on picking Pikeville to win this one, but after last Friday's game I'm not sure. I figured the Panthers would take it on their home court, but I can't imagine SV playing that bad again. That loss may actually help them in this week's game.
This is going to be a hard one to predict. Valley won by 15 two weeks ago on their court. Pikeville wins by on a neutral court. This one is at home for the Panters with what could be the number 1 seed in the district at stake. If Pikeville can keep control of the tempo like they did at Betsy Layne, the the Panters by 8 unless if Shelby Valley losses their cool again. Then it could be Pikeville by 15+. If Shelby Valley controls the tempo. Then Shelby Valley can easily win this one by 15. My head doesnt have a clue. My heart is going with the Panters in this one. So I will say Pikeville by 10.
valley- 58
pikeville- 47
gotta go with sv in this one by 5+
PC_You_Know Wrote:Panthers gonna be tired coming into this game, they were wore out against Paintsville and still have to play JC before the Valley game.

Valley will be more focused since this game counts for district. I think Pikeville will come out with the same good game plan.

Pikeville will give Valley all they want but I think Valley's experience will take it for them in this one by 4.

Valley 57
Pikeville 53
A week ago, didnt you call someone a "homer" for doing this same thing?

PC_You_Know Wrote:Valley can beat them 5 vs 5 but not 5 vs 7 or 8.
I am pretty sure if Pikeville had 7 or 8 players on the court, that they would get T'ed up for it.
Pikeville by 4
I'm going to change my prediction to Valley by 13.
Going with Shelby Valley on this one, the score will be decided who the refs are.......Lets just hope it isnt the Johnson Central Grads.
BlueBells Wrote:Going with Shelby Valley on this one, the score will be decided who the refs are.......Lets just hope it isnt the Johnson Central Grads.

Yeah, I've had enough of Mike Hall's arrogance already this year...
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:A week ago, didnt you call someone a "homer" for doing this same thing?

I am pretty sure if Pikeville had 7 or 8 players on the court, that they would get T'ed up for it.

You and I both know I'm talking about the refs that everyone said were horrible at the last game between these two, don't be a smart butt.
The King Wrote:Yeah, I've had enough of Mike Hall's arrogance already this year...
There is a big difference in arrogance and confidence. Whether its Mike or any other official, if ya seem weepish and not confident about your calls, it only opens up more doors for everyone that lives to bash officials and make excuses for their teams, instead of focusing on what their teams could work on.
As for the game, I gonna guess at maybe like a 66-60 Valley win, with a one possesion game to the end and free throws adding to the difference.
The King Wrote:Yeah, I've had enough of Mike Hall's arrogance already this year...

dont forget his buddy Roger Fairchild. geez.
Pages: 1 2 3