Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Most famous person you ever met?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I met Rick Pitino one time. Just spoke a few words with him, but I'm sure he probably remembers it.
John Holmes, Ron Jeremy, Lisa De'leuw, Seka, Ginger Lynn, Christy Canyon plus a few dozrn more "stars" in Chicago at a convention!!! Yes...I was a perv in my younger days! LOL
Travis Tritt was a "Hoot" when he played during Apple Day one year. I got to do security for him.
Cheryl Ladd, Ned Beaty.
Talked to Hulk Hogan at an airport in Tampa.
If you count family, then I would say one of the biggest right now would be Miley.
The Guru Wrote:John Holmes, Ron Jeremy, Lisa De'leuw, Seka, Ginger Lynn, Christy Canyon plus a few dozrn more "stars" in Chicago at a convention!!! Yes...I was a perv in my younger days! LOL
Travis Tritt was a "Hoot" when he played during Apple Day one year. I got to do security for him.
Cheryl Ladd, Ned Beaty.
Talked to Hulk Hogan at an airport in Tampa.
If you count family, then I would say one of the biggest right now would be Miley.

:thatsfunn
Half Man Half Amazing from the And 1 tour
The Guru Wrote:If you count family, then I would say one of the biggest right now would be Miley.

I have met Bill and his mom and step dad, Red and Ruth. Actually I live about a mile from his home place on Long street in Flatwoods and I worked with his step dad for many years.

Also have met Charlie Reliford and Greg Gibson. I don't know how famous you would consider them but both are major league umpires.
Well... Deion Sanders and Emmitt Smith.... back in the 90's when they were with the 'boys.
Kathy Ireland, Tom Wopat (Luke Duke), Robby Gordon (NASCAR). I have gotten quite a few autographs. But, I don't really count getting autographs as metting someone though.
I must say though my favorite was Ted Nugent. He was funny as heck. Was backstage with his group "**** Yankees" and "38 Special" at Ft. Riley, KS in the early 90s.
Jared Lorenzen, Ravi Moss, Shagari Allene(don't know how to spell his last name) Vincent "Sweet Pea" Burns, Muhhamad Abdullah. My dad met Muhamad Ali once.
Diamond Dallas Paige in Vegas
Hmmmm..I have met Richard & Kyle Petty, Jeremy Mayfield (My Idol), Joe Gibbs, Barry Zito, many Reds players, Pete Rose and Pete Rose Jr, Earnhardt, Tony Stewart, Kurt and Kyle Busch, Jimmie Johnson, Tim Couch and Heather Kosar-Couch, Eddie Carrier, Alan Kulwicki, Dominique Wilkins, Terry Labonte, about 50-75 other Nascar drivers. Pretty good lot of football players when going to Tim's games in Cleveland. I met Kevin Nash/Goldberg/Buff Bagwell in Johnson City at Lonestar, lol. I am sure there are more, will post if I can think of them.
Haha, the DDP and Buff Bagwell ones are great!
Known Jared Lorenzen since I was little. Known Steve Flesch a good part of my life.

Since the wreck met JJ Redick, Roy Williams, Palmer, Chad Johnson, Joakim Noah, all the final four teams from a few years ago, few more people.
I've met Jeff Shepard and Keith Bogans
I have met several UK players over the years.

Gerald Fitch
Chuck Hayes
Tayshaun Prince
J.P. Blevins
Kelenna Azubuike
Tony Delk
Walter Mcarty
Mark Pope
Kyle Macy
Patrick Patterson
Darius Miller

Also met Andre Woodson at Outback Steakhouse. And King Kelly Coleman, I consider him famous.
Unfortunately I've never met anybody I consider famous. I've met several basketball and football players here at UK over the last 4 and a half years but seeing them so often kind of defeats the purpose of them being famous I guess.

Some of you are pretty lucky though, having met so many neat people especially The Guru Smile
alfus21 Wrote:Unfortunately I've never met anybody I consider famous. I've met several basketball and football players here at UK over the last 4 and a half years but seeing them so often can of defeats the purpose of them being famous I guess.

Some of you are pretty lucky though, having met so many neat people especially The Guru Smile
While at this convention, I was talking to Lisa De'leu for a long time, She was actually very, very nice and quite funny. Anyway, during our talk I asked her what she and the others in the business did after hours during the convention. Did the just sit around in their hotel rooms or what. She said normally that was what they did, but on that particular night, Seka(at the time was the "Queen" of the industry) had rented an entire nightclub out for the evening and was haveing a huge party and they were all going to be there. She invited me and my friend to join them!!! I was like 20-21 at the time so yes, this was like the ultimate dream come true! I told her that there was no possible way that my friend and I would be allowed in to the party by the bouncers. She told me to just have her paged and she would let us in!
I was in Chicago as a guest of my friend and he backed out of the party!!!! Go figure!!!I didn't have the money for cab fare and just had to sit there wondering what I had done to be so close to such a fantasy come true and have it snatched away justlike that! To this day I often wonder if my life would have changed any if I had indeed gone to that Party! Not that I thought I would have got into that industry, just if my outlook on things would have changed.Big Grin
I met Martina McBride, Curt Warner(seattle seahawks Early 80s) His Papaw married my mom and dad in WV. Chad Little from John Deere Racing in the mid 90s.
I met Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at Ft. Irwin, Robin Williams in Fallujah, and Chuck Hayes in a Crackerbarrel(sp?) in Lexington, lol.
The Guru Wrote:While at this convention, I was talking to Lisa De'leu for a long time, She was actually very, very nice and quite funny. Anyway, during our talk I asked her what she and the others in the business did after hours during the convention. Did the just sit around in their hotel rooms or what. She said normally that was what they did, but on that particular night, Seka(at the time was the "Queen" of the industry) had rented an entire nightclub out for the evening and was haveing a huge party and they were all going to be there. She invited me and my friend to join them!!! I was like 20-21 at the time so yes, this was like the ultimate dream come true! I told her that there was no possible way that my friend and I would be allowed in to the party by the bouncers. She told me to just have her paged and she would let us in!
I was in Chicago as a guest of my friend and he backed out of the party!!!! Go figure!!!I didn't have the money for cab fare and just had to sit there wondering what I had done to be so close to such a fantasy come true and have it snatched away justlike that! To this day I often wonder if my life would have changed any if I had indeed gone to that Party! Not that I thought I would have got into that industry, just if my outlook on things would have changed.Big Grin

I would've walked...lol.
vundy33 Wrote:I would've walked...lol.
Seriously I gave walking a lot of thought. But we were staying in Gary, Ind. and walking at night through Gary and South side of Chicago didn't seem worth it to a "white boy" like me. Not trying to be racist because I am not, just that........well....I think you understand!
Well.....mine aren't as good as Brangelina, but I met Billy Donovan last year and he was so very nice! I've met Troy Brown, Chad Pennington, Mike Bartrum, and most of the other Marshall players that are in the NFL. I met Raven Symone when I was little and.....drumroll.....I danced with Shawn Michaels at a WWF (I guess WWE, now) event in Huntington when I was like 9, circa 1995. I went to the We Are Marshall premiere and walked past Matthew Fox and Matthew McConaughey, but I didn't talk to them. I was nervous, lol, and they are people too! I've also met Red Dawson; in my eyes, he's pretty famous. I saw Rob Thomas in the airport in Orlando, but I didn't meet him either. I think I need to grow a pair! Can I say that on here?
Pat Patterson at the tipoff classic Oj Mayo tipoff classic
chuck hayes Coach B Jamal lewis
John Cooper- former Ohio State coach and OJ Mayo if you wanna call him famous already.
Wynonna Judd
John Micheal Montegomery
LFO
Sammy Kershaw
Lance Bass
I've had dinner with Tony Stewart and have watched a race in a sweet with Coach Brooks normally tailgate with all his family before the games. Did a basketball camp with Cameron Mills and Jeff Sheppard. Meet Dale Sr. and Jr. Talked to Jimmy Spencer and his father as well Mark Martin. Got to eat and speak with Relient K, Hawks Nelson, Seventh Day Slumber and Falling Up.
Here are some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

Bob Knight
Pete Newell
Roy Williams
Rick Pitino
Coach K
Dean Smith
(there are many more college coaches - I just can't remember them all)
Hal Greer (Top 50 NBA Player and Marshall grad)
(a bunch of other NBA players)
Chad Pennington
Byron Leftwitch
Randy Moss
Bobby Bowden
Matthew McConaughey (We Are Marshall)
Matthew Fox (We Are Marshall)
Tayshaun Prince
Gerald Fitch
Cliff Hawkins
Alan Edwards
Jeff Shepherd
Robby Gordan
Keenan Burton
Rafael Little
Dicky Lyons Jr.
Micah Johnson
Johnny Williams
Jacob Tamme
Talked to Rich Brooks on phone
I've drank moonshine with Brooks on a couple of occasions!
During his college days Joker, Bill Ransdell and Tony Mayes and I were known to hit a few clubs.
My son played video games with Artose Pinner a couple of times at the Hyatt. I remember once when he was like 10-11, we were riding the elevator with Lorenzen and my son looked up at him and said...."So......they call you the Hefty Lefty huh"?
I cracked up and so did 'Lo!
The Guru Wrote:I've drank moonshine with Brooks on a couple of occasions!

i have a feeling you know Grady Stevens
Joker Phillips is supposed to stay all night with me sometime this summer! and I touched shoulders to the famous **** Vitale
Pages: 1 2 3 4