Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley Dance and Cheer Competition?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure it was even a cheer competition but I do know that there was a dance competition there today. Does anyone have any results??
I'm pretty sure that Magoffin County's dance team won everything they were in! Wink
Magoffin County Dancers - Grand Champions!

Pom Division - 1st place - Magoffin 2nd place - Prestonsburg

Hip Hop Division - 1st place - Prestonsburg 2nd place - Phelps

Open / Jazz Division - 1st place - Magoffin 2nd place - Shelby Valley

Grand Champions - Magoffin

All 1st & 2nd place winners will advance to State Competition.

:letsparty
Congrats to competing teams. Where and when is the state competition?
I would like to know were the judges EDA or KAPOS judges?

I have a couple of things about this I would like to say but until I find out the judge situtation I will remain silent...........
I knew Magoffin would more than likely win whatever categories they competed in. Congrats girls!! :Thumbs:
Neither
Tell me... and I am NOT putting down ANY squads......

HOW can a 3 time NATIONAL championship squad go to a regional competition and NOT take 1st place honors?? It amazes me. ALSO.... did the coaches get to keep their judging sheets? I would like to see just how many "edits" were done to the scores..... LOLOL....

How much you wanna bet that the 2nd place squad comes away with another title at state competition?? Smile
Good question phs1986!!! I wasn't there but I heard they did great. You know, what amazes me is that they always get screwed in the local competitions but can go to STATE and even NATIONALS and win it all!!!!!!!! All I can say is just keep your heads high and worry about the big stuff that matters!!!!!
Congrats Magoffin!!! You all are the best!!!!wooooooohooooooooooooooo
I didn't go to this competition, but I did attend Winterfest the previous weekend. I definitely thought that Magoffin Co. was the best team there. P-burg had good technique, there is no doubt. However, they have a very small squad, and I didn't think they had the degree of difficulty that MC had.

Maybe dance should go the way of KAPOS and have divisions based on SIZE of their squad. I think a large squad looks more impressive than one with under ten members...maybe it is harder to judge based on that.
phs1986 Wrote:Tell me... and I am NOT putting down ANY squads......

HOW can a 3 time NATIONAL championship squad go to a regional competition and NOT take 1st place honors?? It amazes me. ALSO.... did the coaches get to keep their judging sheets? I would like to see just how many "edits" were done to the scores..... LOLOL....

How much you wanna bet that the 2nd place squad comes away with another title at state competition?? Smile

Hmm...I really did not watch Phelps or P Burgs hip hop but I can say that there was no competition between Phelps & Magoffin County in the Pom category. Too bad Magoffin didn't have a hip hop because they would have taken all three.. I was also impressed at how P Burg had improved since Winterfest. Phelp's pom was not stiff at all and they didn't have any turns...It looked very sloppy and was not difficult at all. Magoffin is on a whole other level than Phelps. I watched their hip hop on youtube.com (it was at EXPO) and noticed that Phelps had the same uniforms and music from 2006 and it looked much like their routine they used at Shelby Valley...too be honest I wasn't impressed. Most national dance competitions that require no qualifications usually do not have much competition and if you win you still consider yourself national champs and that doesn't mean your the best.....Here's just a few of the titles that Magoffin Co. Dance Team holds:

Regional Grand Champions
6 time Winterfest Champs
Smoky Mtn. Jazz Champs 2 years running
Bluegrass Classic State Championships Grand Champs (Hip Hop & Jazz):redboxer:

Looking forward to competing at Bluegrass Extreme State Championship, EDA Nationals (Myrtle Beach), and of course STATE! Big Grin
phs1986 Wrote:Tell me... and I am NOT putting down ANY squads......

Phelps has been doing that same routine for over 2 years, people are getting tired of it and it showed at this competition.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Phelps has been doing that same routine for over 2 years, people are getting tired of it and it showed at this competition.

Bet ya they will be FULL of suprises when it comes to state AND Jamfest.... Wink

Ya know... that is BAD to say that they used one of their OLD routines and STILL came in second....... IF they did use the same routine (which they have many and plenty to chose from) and it was soooooooo bad......... WHY where they score sheets changed? YES... they WERE changed.... HUM????? Kinda makes one wonder........ :confused: :confused:
Congrats to Magoffin!! They've built an awesome tradition in just a few years, which is great!! Good luck at state girls!!!! :Cheerlead
phs1986 Wrote:Bet ya they will be FULL of suprises when it comes to state AND Jamfest.... Wink

Ya know... that is BAD to say that they used one of their OLD routines and STILL came in second....... IF they did use the same routine (which they have many and plenty to chose from) and it was soooooooo bad......... WHY where they score sheets changed? YES... they WERE changed.... HUM????? Kinda makes one wonder........ :confused: :confused:

Phelps came in second because only two teams competed in hip-hop....They came in 3rd out of 6 in pom...p-burg came in second...and of course magoffin co. won. Magoffins baby-doll routine was by far the most impressive dance of the day!
I have watched hip-hop routines from teams in the lexington and Lousville area for example assumption highschool has a hip-hop routine this year and I can assure you Phelps has never competed aganist those teams.
This thread is NOT going to get out of hand!
I have stated what I wanted to state in my previous posts......

THEREFORE.... I am going to remain silent from here on out UNLESS..... I need to edit or close this thread....
When and Where will the state competition be held? I hope it is not the same weekend as Cheer State if so then it will conflict with Jamfest Nationals at Cincy and I know both Pburg and Magoffin have girls that compete on Dance Etc. which will be attending Jamfest Nationals.
I believe it is March 8th in Henderson County.
Does anyone know any other region winners and their category?
Not many hotels left at state.. if anyone plans on goin you need to book rooms now
My sister dances for Dance Etc. and Prestonsburg... Magoffin Co. doll routine was absolutely fabulous!!! Awesome choreography by Jill Brown. Prestonsburg hip-hop is very good as well... many people here don't know what REAL hip=hop looks like, and there choreography is awesome too... P-burg beat MC at Winterfest in Hip-Hop, but the Doll routine took the cake!!

Good luck to all the squads at State... I may show up because it's not to far from me now... and Good luck to Dance Etc. on Saturday in Cincy at Nationals!!! I think I will be at that one!!
p-burg didn't compete against anyone in hip-hop at Winterfest, they were the only ones in that category.
cardinalfan27 Wrote:My sister dances for Dance Etc. and Prestonsburg... Magoffin Co. doll routine was absolutely fabulous!!! Awesome choreography by Jill Brown. Prestonsburg hip-hop is very good as well... many people here don't know what REAL hip=hop looks like, and there choreography is awesome too... P-burg beat MC at Winterfest in Hip-Hop, but the Doll routine took the cake!!

Good luck to all the squads at State... I may show up because it's not to far from me now... and Good luck to Dance Etc. on Saturday in Cincy at Nationals!!! I think I will be at that one!!

Sorry but MC didn't even have a hip-hop routine...They beat p-burg in Pom but thats all the competed against p-burg in.
yeah i realized what i put after the fcat... i meant phelps not MC
P-burg did beat Phelps and Betsy Layne in Hip Hop at the 15th Region Competition