Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: PoCo Track Team over looked?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you think powell county's track team will do this upcoming season people seem to look over them, they have somevery talented runners who show alot of improvement and some of who have pervious state medals and regional titles under there belt already. Whats your outlook on this smaller team....?
They are a good team but are shadowed by Knox and Bell and Shelby Valley. After the realignment they should a threat. Same fro Prestonsburg and Pike Central. And believe it or not Knott Cental is the most overlooked team. They went to P-Burg last year and only 3 runners scored points(Bryan Stidham, Tyler Newsome and Lenny Hicks) and they dominated in all runs and got 2nd. Beware and watch out for Knott Co. and Powell Co. to emerge and show the best.
I agree with you " the runner"!!
Thanks. I think track will become more competitive in this region. The best of the best runners have been running since an hour after their last meet. (State or Regionals). Eastern school need to beat the western schools. And we can do it!
I think the Poco track team is going to be great like always. They have Tenny which wins almost every race and they have alot of good runners. I think they will do great!
stride2 Wrote:I think the Poco track team is going to be great like always. They have Tenny which wins almost every race and they have alot of good runners. I think they will do great!

Very true. They have some very fast people that can run for a long time!! And Tenny is like a machine out there!!
bluegrassballa Wrote:Very true. They have some very fast people that can run for a long time!! And Tenny is like a machine out there!!

You need more than one runner to win though. I think PoCo has more good runners.
Therunner Wrote:You need more than one runner to win though. I think PoCo has more good runners.

Oh most definitely. They have tremmendous runners. Johnson and Tyra are a couple others. They will do very good this year.
Everybody is talking girls here but it's the boys that people should be looking at. Led by three seasoned senoirs, powell county looks to have a promising running attack if all the athletes that say there going to run do. I also believe that Wyatt Denniston, Kevin Jarvis, and Corey Dimaline are 3 of the most underated runners in region 6/7 AA. Dimaline even has a legitimate chance of winning state in AA. It's not a big chance, but he did finish 7th in state. Not to mention he was the only non senoir running in the finals.
yea I aggree you need more than one runner to win it while Tenny may be good in distance that is not the only thing out there and she dont do everything like the sprints and the jumping etc just the distance. There are several very good team mates like Tyra, Reed, and Brown to fill in on the other things while she does the distance.
rcdimaline Wrote:Everybody is talking girls here but it's the boys that people should be looking at. Led by three seasoned senoirs, powell county looks to have a promising running attack if all the athletes that say there going to run do. I also believe that Wyatt Denniston, Kevin Jarvis, and Corey Dimaline are 3 of the most underated runners in region 6/7 AA. Dimaline even has a legitimate chance of winning state in AA. It's not a big chance, but he did finish 7th in state. Not to mention he was the only non senoir running in the finals.

Jarvis will do very good in state.