Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: OJ Mayo Possible NCAA Violation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just saw on ESPN where OJ Mayo may have committed and NCAA violation by accepting tickets to a Nuggets/Lakers game from Carmelo Anthony.
Oh god, he's a horrible person because one of his boys is taking him to a ball game, might as well do away with him now before he accepts a pair of sneakers.
They need to due away with that rule, because its ridiculous. Its not like O.J. went out and committed a crime.
How is that a violation? All he did was accept tickets.
GodisAshlandTomcat41 Wrote:Just saw on ESPN where OJ Mayo may have committed and NCAA violation by accepting tickets to a Nuggets/Lakers game from Carmelo Anthony.
Still slammin OJ I see.

It is a violation if a representative of a proffesional team gives tickets to a college student athlete. The question here is Anthony acting as a representative of the Nuggets or just giving some tickets to a friend. I think the latter is clearly the case and this will not turn out to be anykind of big deal.

Of Course the NCAA does do some ridiculous things. USC might just get the death penalty. Big Grin
This ridiculous, a guy gave him tickets to a game. Call the cops.
That rule is needs too be done away with
FBALL Wrote:Still slammin OJ I see.

It is a violation if a representative of a proffesional team gives tickets to a college student athlete. The question here is Anthony acting as a representative of the Nuggets or just giving some tickets to a friend. I think the latter is clearly the case and this will not turn out to be anykind of big deal.

Of Course the NCAA does do some ridiculous things. USC might just get the death penalty. Big Grin

Not slammin' OJ, just reporting something that seemed pretty newsworthy. I agree that considering that an NCAA violation is pretty stupid.
blackcat_student Wrote:They need to due away with that rule, because its ridiculous. Its not like O.J. went out and committed a crime.
Not yet but soon enough.
RavenBoy Wrote:Not yet but soon enough.

Quit hating on the guy, 2 times the ball player you'll ever be.
Although it's a silly rule that needs refinement, it's still a rule and all players should abide by those rules or face the penalty. It is a commonly known rule that I'm sure he was aware of when accepting something of monetary value from a professional player.

I believe that the rule should be more along the lines of only being allowed to accept one gift from any individual during their college stay. The value of the item must be less than $300. Also cash is not permitted.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Quit hating on the guy, 2 times the ball player you'll ever be.
Question, If im just stating my opinion what give you the right to get on here and insult me??
If he is only twice as good as me, does that mean your saying Im a good ball player??
Keep it on topic, you threw it off by saying he'll commit a crime soon enough, I'm not going to argue with you, so keep it on topic.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Keep it on topic, you threw it off by saying he'll commit a crime soon enough, I'm not going to argue with you, so keep it on topic.
This thread is about him doing something against the rules, and you say something about how hes a better player than me. Commen Sense there BUH.

How well do you know him that warrants making such a comment? Oh, he's black and not the traditional white prep boy so that automatically means he'll be a criminal? I've met him, he was nothing but nice and respectable to me, even gave his compliments and paid his respects to a man from Ashland that I know that did a lot for the school he went to before he transferred, Tom Wright.

Wow.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Although it's a silly rule that needs refinement, it's still a rule and all players should abide by those rules or face the penalty. It is a commonly known rule that I'm sure he was aware of when accepting something of monetary value from a professional player.

I believe that the rule should be more along the lines of only being allowed to accept one gift from any individual during their college stay. The value of the item must be less than $300. Also cash is not permitted.
I don't think it needs refined. It needs to be completely done away with. This is the case of a friend giving another friend tickets to a basketball game. We don't need refinement from the NCAA, we need common sense. Someone call Thomas Paine.

I gotta agree, cant forget about the Marijuana thing from last year that his former Rose Hill teammate Marques Dawson took the rap for.
bluegrassballa Wrote:How is that a violation? All he did was accept tickets.

That's no different than acceptin money.
blackcat_student Wrote:They need to due away with that rule, because its ridiculous. Its not like O.J. went out and committed a crime.

No, but he has before and it's only a matter of time before he does again.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Quit hating on the guy, 2 times the ball player you'll ever be.

Rolleyes I don't give a rats *** how much better he is at basketball than me or anybody else. Why is it every time someone says somethin about a team you like or a player you like, you gotta get all defensive.
How about we keep it on topic for once? I done told the guy I'm not arguing, so lets keep it on topic.
NCAA needs to worry about bigger things than this. Its not like he got free drugs or something. This is such a ridiculous rule anyway.
Redneck Wrote:That's no different than acceptin money.

But he didn't sell the tickets for cash, he used them and was at the game.
This rule is stupid
THIS COMING FROM THE STAFF::::

Keep it on topic... no bashing, insulting, or bad mouthing will be allowed. FINAL WARNING!!!!!
PC_You_Know Wrote:But he didn't sell the tickets for cash, he used them and was at the game.

It doesn't matter. What if Carmelo Anthony gave him money to buy tickets? It's no different. Rules are rules weather it is a stupid rule or not.
Redneck Wrote:That's no different than acceptin money.

But still, its tickets from a friend to watch a basketball game.
bluegrassballa Wrote:But still, its tickets from a friend to watch a basketball game.

"Friend"??? When would they have become friends? They didn't go to camp together in high school, they didn't play against eachother in high school. Where would they have met to become "friends", a hollywood party maybe? Maybe Carmello just gave him tickets so he could see what real basketball players look like.
Friend or not as long as Melo didnt give him the tickets as a repersenative of the Denver Nuggets there is no rule violation. Mayo accepting those tickets from Melo broke no rule if it was on a friendly basis.
I think this is silly. JMO
Pages: 1 2