Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UFC 81 The Breaking Point
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I seen all these UFC threads, I thought I would see what everyone thinks bout the Brock Lesner against Frank Mir fight on Feb. 2nd.

Lesner is a beast but I think if Mir's can get him on the ground, he has a chance but I'll still take Lesner.
Didn't Lesnar used to be on WWE?
I wouldnt be surprised if Lesnar won the fight. Just because he was a wrestler doesnt mean he can't fight for real.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if Lesnar won the fight. Just because he was a wrestler doesnt mean he can't fight for real.

It's not like he is gonna go out there and fight without any trainin. They wouldn't let him compete if they didn't think he was ready. I can't wait to see him in action.
Redneck Wrote:It's not like he is gonna go out there and fight without any trainin. They wouldn't let him compete if they didn't think he was ready. I can't wait to see him in action.
Well i know that. I was just sayin that because other people are sayin "WWE is fake and he is going to get beat to death." Personally i think he can win this fight.
If it was Frank Mir 2005, I'd bet the house on Mir. Before his motorcycle wreck, Mir was at or near the top of the heavyweight class, but he hasnt been the same since. I still think it'll be a great fight, and an extremely tough test for Lesnar. I cant wait to see him in action either, and kudos for not picking some nobody to get an easy W with. If he beats Frank Mir, he'll earn it. And this is a great first matchup for him to do just that. Its a winable fight just as easy as it being a losable fight. But I cant wait to see Brock Lesnar in the octagon..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:If it was Frank Mir 2005, I'd bet the house on Mir. Before his motorcycle wreck, Mir was at or near the top of the heavyweight class, but he hasnt been the same since. I still think it'll be a great fight, and an extremely tough test for Lesnar. I cant wait to see him in action either, and kudos for not picking some nobody to get an easy W with. If he beats Frank Mir, he'll earn it. And this is a great first matchup for him to do just that. Its a winable fight just as easy as it being a losable fight. But I cant wait to see Brock Lesnar in the octagon..
I cant wait either... If Lesnar does win then He will be a serious contender in the heavyweight division...
Your exactly right. UFC 81 will feature two heavyweight fights, one being the championship fight, and the other being the fight that will determine the number one challenger. And you can mark it down, the winner of the Sylvia-Nogeuria (sp?) fight will face the winner of the Lesnar-Mir fight by the end of the year..and a Lesnar-Sylvia fight would be awfully entertaining, lol..
Amun-Ra Wrote:I cant wait either... If Lesnar does win then He will be a serious contender in the heavyweight division...
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Your exactly right. UFC 81 will feature two heavyweight fights, one being the championship fight, and the other being the fight that will determine the number one challenger. And you can mark it down, the winner of the Sylvia-Nogeuria (sp?) fight will face the winner of the Lesnar-Mir fight by the end of the year..and a Lesnar-Sylvia fight would be awfully entertaining, lol..

Oh yea, I would love to see that!
Lesnar
I believe Lesnar will win.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Well i know that. I was just sayin that because other people are sayin "WWE is fake and he is going to get beat to death." Personally i think he can win this fight.

My bad, didn't understand what you were gettin at, thanks for clearin that up for me.
He is the real deal. In his first fight he made his opponent tap from just striking him.
Lesnar was a collegiate wrestler and a very good one.

He isn't just getting into UFC on WWE fame or because of his uncanny size. He's a legitimate fighter and I expect it to be a good fight and a great card, too.
Lesner is a beast but some might not know the strength of Mir's. Frank is very good on his back and he can take a punch and we seen what he did to Sylvia already and Sylvia and Lesner game is bout the same, so this is gonna an awesome fight. Cant Wait!!!!
Amun-Ra Wrote:Well i know that. I was just sayin that because other people are sayin "WWE is fake and he is going to get beat to death." Personally i think he can win this fight.
Dude, Lesner isn't just from WWE. He had an amazing college wrestling career. It was something like 140 something and 5. That doesn't make him a great UFC fighter but he does have some skill. If Frank Mir is on his game, he will win. He has to take it to the ground...quick. If they stay up....Lesner will KO Mir....IMO.:ChairHit:
blitz43 Wrote:Dude, Lesner isn't just from WWE. He had an amazing college wrestling career. It was something like 140 something and 5. That doesn't make him a great UFC fighter but he does have some skill. If Frank Mir is on his game, he will win. He has to take it to the ground...quick. If they stay up....Lesner will KO Mir....IMO.:ChairHit:
Man are you serious? Did my post own you? I know he was a wrestler in college.