Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: School Closings 1-23-08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Magoffin county
starting them earlier tonight. it's about time.
I'd say that the ones that closed today will be closed tomorrow because all this precipitation will turn to ice.
I'm hoping for a miracle at EKU.
Forecasts I've seen are calling for snow tonight in EKY.
Well, when I posted this thread, Magoffin was closed, they are no longer listed for even a delay, so hope no MC people are disappointed.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well, when I posted this thread, Magoffin was closed, they are no longer listed for even a delay, so hope no MC people are disappointed.
Smile

Did you read the date when it was posted on WYMT?
Blackcat Student, WYMT removes their closings at 11 in the morning, so it may just have been a typo.
Yeah it must have been, cause it was posted today and it was on there about 4.
No typo Magoffin County is closed for Wed. 1-23-08
baseballfan Wrote:No typo Magoffin County is closed for Wed. 1-23-08

BaseballFan do you know why they are closed. Just thought it may be due to the bus wreck even though it was reported nothing was serious.
Johnson Co. is on 2 Hour Delay.
I see Pike being closed, hopefully tonight.
Yea I hope they close Pike too.
martin needs closed
blackcat_student Wrote:I'd say that the ones that closed today will be closed tomorrow because all this precipitation will turn to ice.

Man I hope your rght! lol
BlackcatFootball Wrote:BaseballFan do you know why they are closed. Just thought it may be due to the bus wreck even though it was reported nothing was serious.
IDK why we are close for, maybe they think the same thing is going to happen in the morining like this morining.

Cause the ice came in late this morining and all the buses had to turn around this morining cause school was cancelled, also some students got to the school early and did'nt get out till about 2 clock, and I'm guessing they dont want this to happen tommorrow morining.
Just saw on WSAZ that Mingo County is on a 2 hour delay..... Pike will be on something... 1 hour..... 2 hour.....closed.... SOMETHING.... because Mingo doesn't close or go on delay VERY often... you can bet it will be bad!
Cards09 Wrote:martin needs closed

Yeah for real.
Big Sandy Community and Technical College is on a Snow Schedule, with this I like the chances of most schools in the area getting out tomorrow. Also their is a Freezing Rain Advisory until 2 A.M. Temps tonights are expected to get down to 22*.
I see about all of Eastern Ky missing tomorrow after the mess from today honestly!
Its sleeting in martin county again
it's snowing/ sleeting here in Floyd Co.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I see about all of Eastern Ky missing tomorrow after the mess from today honestly!

I agree with ya PB5. It has been a tragic day and never want to see another one like today, it's been a bad one.
Does anyone know if Floyd is closed?
bluegrassballa Wrote:Man I hope your rght! lol

I hope he's not right. It was terrible out this morning. So many people hurt and some fatal car accidents. I definately dont want to go to work in the morning sliding around like I did this morning. Not fun. I'm all about getting out of school, but I DO NOT want it to be like today.
STAT no not yet. Most likely will though.
any new updates
This link provides the updated school closings...

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsnogo/?refresh
Pike County--2 hour delay
Pages: 1 2